Who else can't wait for USA Basketball?

We're looking at the best NBA playoffs in years. I don't really care about the olympics right now.

pimp.gif

Oly colorways of shoes
pimp.gif

Kobe+LeBron+Kidd+D12+Amare
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I can't wait

YESSIR!!!

People want to clown on our bronze in '04, but they fail to realize that we basically sent our 2nd string squad, and they barely had a month to prepare.

WE SENT FREAKING STARBURY, RICHARD JEFFERSON, LeBRON AND MELO AS ROOKIES, and OKAFOR, WHO HAD JUST GRADUATED FROM UCONN!!
roll.gif

We were supposed to have Duncan, Kidd, Shaq, T-Mac, Garnett, Ray Allen, and Iverson. Of those superstars, only Iverson and Duncan decided to honor theircommitment.

NOW?!
- Kobe, who is more mature right now than he has ever been
- LeBron, who looked amazing in the FIBA qualifying tournament last summer
- Melo, who was my MOST IMPRESSIVE PLAYER from the qualifying tourney last summer
- Dwight Howard, who played the 5-spot FLAWLESSLY last summer
- Kidd, surrounded by a supreme ABUNDANCE of talent in Kobe, Melo, LeBron, D-Howard, etc.

Bosh, Redd, and Mike Miller looked good at some times, lost at other times, and kind of pitiful a few times.
laugh.gif

Kobe, LeBron, Melo, Dwight, Kidd, Bosh, Redd, Miller... that's 8; who else am I forgetting? I've only named 1 true PG.

Can't think of the ones I'm omitting, but... I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THE GOLD BACK!!!

wink.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^
laugh.gif

You didn't watch last summer, did you?

You didn't see who we had in '04 when we got bronze, did you?

What were you saying last summer when Coach K was leading them to blowout victories?
nerd.gif

People make it seem like they were getting worked in 2004, but they only got blown out once. They were in every game, and that was with a team that had ZEROchemistry and was pretty much patchworked together at the last minute. Just imagine a focused team that has actually been putting in work. That'll make upfor the average of 6.5 points they lost by in those other three games.

I will say this, the FIBA tourney last summer was one of the most fun basketball I've ever watched, starting with the intra-squad game, which was betterthan pretty much any All-Star game.

This is going to be the best playoffs/offseason in a long time.

JapanAir21:
Spain could be tricky.
nerd.gif

If by 'could be tricky', you mean 'could lose by 15 instead of the standard 30 everyone else will lose by', then... yes, Spain'could be tricky'.
laugh.gif

I'm serious, man; we are going to cruise, and have a blast doing it. Argentina, Spain, and Italy will have good stretches, but then you'll forget thatyou haven't looked at the score in a while, and then you'll look down and see that all they did was cut it from 'down 24' to 'down 14'.

LeBron, Kobe, and Paul are MVP candidates... and teammates.
roll.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Every year since '92, we have beat our opponents by less and less and less. In '92, we won by an average of 51 points (this is all from memory, sopardon me if it's wrong, but it won't be wrong by much).
Then in '96, we won by an average of 48.
Then in '00 we won by an average of 42.
Then in '04, the games we lost was by an average of like 6 points.
And in '08, we return to dominance, getting that number back UP instead of spiraling down to the disappointing bronze in '04.

pimp.gif

So is CP3, Oden, and Wade? Whos spot they gonna take?

Deron?
Billups?
Redd?
Millers?
I would love to see Joe Johnson back up there and whos

But man Kidd, Kobe, Bron, Melo, D12 and Amare, CP3, Redd, Bosh, Wade or Joe Johnson dont sound to bad either. Damn I cant wait

I can't wait... was just thinking about this the other day

I need J Kidd, Kobe, and Lebron to take a picture together... like one of those arms-crossed, stoneface pictures...
eek.gif
That is a sick lineup. There'sMelo too, but I'm not a huge fan of his, so he can stay out of the pic.

However, I still think if they had KG they would be one of the greatest teams ever.

But I think Amare will continue to ball, Bosh will be more solid, and Redd, CP3, and JJ will hold down the fort. Too much talent here, and I think it'sbeen fitting together well.

^ amare had problems in the FIBA tournament last time...
smh.gif

but expectations are gonna be sky high for this team...

I still
eek.gif
at Kobe's defense during that tournament... when he shut down Barbosa...
pimp.gif

and that was with a team that had ZERO chemistry and was pretty much patchworked together at the last minute.

and with the best players sitting on the bench watching them get beat.

This summer is going to be a massacre - the valid comparison to the 92 team is that this time it is the best players assembled to make a great team - unlikethe other Olympic/WC teams that were staffed with 'average' NBA players - and that showed.

Back
Top Bottom