Originally Posted by Just bLAzed

Originally Posted by ciph4

UT Austin is
pimp.gif
i've heard about it
a lot of girls i know are applying there for the parties
I'm trying to get into Miami too dude, good luck
pimp.gif

thanks man. good luck to you too. is that your 1st choice?

Miami is the 4th best school at partying in Florida. Take that how you want.

Out of the ones you have listed, Texas wins. Austin is supposedly one of the best cities in America.

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

this is a factor in the college that i'm going to choose, so i'd like to know which colleges have good parties?
i've heard good things about U of Miami, Penn, USC, and Texas

eziesn.gif

not THE factor

for example, if i get into Penn, and into some school that has better parties, like Miami, im not going to choose Miami
education is THE factor for me
comparing Penn to Miami?

Do you want a job?

You might as well take some time off BEFORE college so you can start thinking straight...

I bet you're the type to pick a school based on the football team they have...and you've never played before.

Texas takes about 10% of their incoming freshman from out of state...with that being said, you probably won't get in. What kind of school spread is that?Who applies to both the U and Penn? One is a $+%# university while the other is an ivy...doesn't make much sense.

actually miami is a solid school, i go to an ivy and i applied there.

i hated it the second i stepped foot on campus for my tour, but that's another story.

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

Texas takes about 10% of their incoming freshman from out of state...with that being said, you probably won't get in. What kind of school spread is that? Who applies to both the U and Penn? One is a $+%# university while the other is an ivy...doesn't make much sense.

Miami isn't even a bad school though. it's one of my safety schools. Its likely that I'll be accepted, so I can go there in case I'm notaccepted in other schools like Yale, Penn, Columbia

The U has a good biology (most notably the marine biology) program and medical facility & program if I'm not mistaken. The tuition is $36,000 vs $8,000at Ohio State, so I'm probably gonna end up going to Ohio State in two years because of the cost (HS junior). My sister applied to Miami (FL) last year andgot in with a 3.3 UW GPA. So I don't think it's that competitive. Visited yesterday, and it was pretty nice. I'm not getting into any Ivy leagueswith my low GPA (3.4).
laugh.gif
smh.gif
I'm at a reach for University of Chicago, but I'd like to be part of their bioprogram and I think going to this summer program there would probably help. UChicago is apparently where the fun ends.
eyes.gif

Ohio University is pretty big on parties compared to the nation as well. Miami Ohio just sucks #$% at everything except D1 hockey. High School V2 pretty much.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

this is a factor in the college that i'm going to choose, so i'd like to know which colleges have good parties?
i've heard good things about U of Miami, Penn, USC, and Texas

eziesn.gif

not THE factor

for example, if i get into Penn, and into some school that has better parties, like Miami, im not going to choose Miami
education is THE factor for me
comparing Penn to Miami?

Do you want a job?

You might as well take some time off BEFORE college so you can start thinking straight...

I bet you're the type to pick a school based on the football team they have...and you've never played before.

i don't get your post
where am i comparing the schools?
are you saying that if i go to miami i wont get a job?
grin.gif

and nah, im not that type

I can tell you that you shouldnt even bother going to college if you are worried about needing to party.

But anyway, ASU has good parties.

^ Penn the Ivy League school
i heard it was the best party school out of the Ivys

That isn't saying much at all
laugh.gif
. None of the ivys get it poppin likethat. But UPENN on your resume will have a far more lasting impact than any party experience you will have... trust... One of the best college experiences(especially for minorities) is road tripping. Best bet if your own school isn't the most socially flourishing environment.

this thread kinda backfired on you OP...but...you kinda deserve it.

Saying that the parties are a factor in what school you choose to go to is one of the dumbest things i've ever heard in my life.

You need to understand that every single college has parties, crazy parties, hott girls, etc. No matter where you go to school, you're going to have theopportunity to party, especially considering you are looking at some of the biggest schools...it's going to be dope regardless.

What should be factored in is:

1. Location (how far do you want to be away from home...because you're list is all over the country)
2. Cost
3. Majors Offered
4. Can you get any scholarships to certain schools?

among much more, but focus on the actual important things.

Originally Posted by impalaballa187

laugh.gif
. None of the ivys get it poppin like that. But UPENN on your resume will have a far more lasting impact than any party experience you will have... trust... One of the best college experiences (especially for minorities) is road tripping. Best bet if your own school isn't the most socially flourishing environment.

Princeton eating clubs get it poppin

i hate how colleges have an application fee... it's paper, we shouldn't pay that much for it
eyes.gif

and it's not even a guarantee that you'll get in
smh.gif

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

Originally Posted by impalaballa187

laugh.gif
. None of the ivys get it poppin like that. But UPENN on your resume will have a far more lasting impact than any party experience you will have... trust... One of the best college experiences (especially for minorities) is road tripping. Best bet if your own school isn't the most socially flourishing environment.

Princeton eating clubs get it poppin
lol. no. especially not if you're a minority.

OP if you do get into an ivy, you should go to one in the city (penn/columbia) so even if the campus is dead you can hit the clubs

Back
Top Bottom