Where are the jobs???

I stay employed... the trick was burying my pride n the realization that overall all that matter r looks. Confidence. Intelligence. And experience

In todays society everybody wants instant grat... no matter the industry starting from the bottom is hard work but it can def pay off... u have to be able to showcase your talents. U cant do that from the couch. So sumtimes ur gunna have tondo *****work. Sometimes ur gunna hafta make other ppl lok good but n the end ugain the exp. And ultimately open up more doors for urself. By age 30 il be VP of some telecomm comp.... mark that : hat

I stay employed... the trick was burying my pride n the realization that overall all that matter r looks. Confidence. Intelligence. And experience
In todays society everybody wants instant grat... no matter the industry starting from the bottom is hard work but it can def pay off... u have to be able to showcase your talents. U cant do that from the couch. So sumtimes ur gunna have tondo *****work. Sometimes ur gunna hafta make other ppl lok good but n the end ugain the exp. And ultimately open up more doors for urself. By age 30 il be VP of some telecomm comp.... mark that : hat
my nickel jewseejay...

:pimp: :pimp:

Jobs are there but I am going to be honest, I am not going to settle for the first thing that comes my way. I recently graduated with a Management Information Systems degree. But I have some experience in school. In both the management and IT section of my major.

So when I got an offer lower than my previous internship I decided to decline and keep looking. I do plan on getting my masters though. Figured I still have much more to learn.

Whaddup fambs. Hopefully ur trickin off these i5s n s3s at record pace getting these monies! Ayyyy

Last edited:
Whaddup fambs. Hopefully ur trickin off these i5s n s3s at record pace getting these monies! Ayyyy
:lol: heck naw... i'm not a vet in the game yet...

just like working in a shoe store, i've lost my passion for phones.

i'm going to have to give this LinkdIn stuff a try, though.

I'm hoping this masters degree can give me a better than $40k starting salary... and i'm willing to move ANYWHERE....

even across the ponds *brushes up on french*

Trying to break into the marketing or financial field, and working on my masters right now. anymore advice?

:nerd: :nerd:

NEVER TURN DOWN A JOB WHILE LOOKING FOR A BETTER JOB. YOU ARE MISSING OUT ON VALUABLE EXPERIENCE AND CONTACTS. NOT TO MENTION YOU CAN STILL JOB SEARCH WHILE GETTING PAID IN THE MEANTIME. MY FIRST JOB OUT OF COLLEGE WAS DECENT BUT I KNEW THAT WAS NOT WHERE I WANTED TO BE SO I WOULD JOB SEARCH HEAVY AFTER LEAVING WORK.

I WOULDN'T HAVE THE ENGINEERING JOB I HAVE NOW IF I DIDN'T WORK AT MY PREVIOUS GIG. THE CONTACT FOR THE JOB I HAVE NOW KNEW MY FORMER BOSS AND OFFERED ME THE POSITION. NO INTERVIEW, NO APPLICATION SUBMITTED.

THERE IS A LOT OF MIXING OF PEOPLE BETWEEN INDUSTRIES. YOUR FIRST JOB IS NOT NECESSARILY YOUR FOREVER JOB.

ALWAYS STAY HUNGRY AND STAY ON THE HUNT FOR A BETTER POSITION. MOST PAY INCREASES ARE ACHIEVED BY SWITCHING JOBS AND NOT THROUGH RAISES THROUGH YOUR CURRENT JOB.

I've been looking for a job about month now. I went to a couple of interviews but no luck. I'm a Machinist by trade and looking to branch out into something else if I can find one.

bump.

in IT Help Desk right now... looking for a career change. something that doesnt have my looking at a computer all day.

has anyone ever made a complete 180 in their career. im still pretty young so I feel like I have time.

bump.

in IT Help Desk right now... looking for a career change. something that doesnt have my looking at a computer all day.

has anyone ever made a complete 180 in their career. im still pretty young so I feel like I have time.

Worked help desk with only a AA degree, got fired looked on craigslist picked up a quick desktop support job.. spoke so heavy about project management that it all came true.. been a PM for a while now and the salary... through the roof. Plan your steps, use linkedin as a connect and go with it

A lot of the best entry level jobs are through your schools career centers, career fairs, and postings. Now the catch is that you have the minimum GPA and preferably a little bit above it. So for those struggling without a job just out of college you missed a golden opportunity.

But agreed with what many people say here. Network network network. Use your old classmates, professors (especially if they really looked out for you and know you by name), immediate friends, and even old coworkers. Networking is the name of the game. The larger the network the easier it is to get back into a job. There was a great piece in The NY Times Magazine a few years back about this. It especially tried to compare why some women in finance struggled to get back into the job environment after deciding to take a year or two off to raise their children while others were able to jump right back in even if it was a different industry they were interested in working in now. So never underestimate this.

It’s truly about Networking. Landed a Gov contracting job at about 21 with no prior experience on only a HS Degree ..6 years later I’m at 75k with a TS/Poly

Just build relationships ..it’s frightening how many grown men/women are jus plain dumb ..it’s not hard to stick out and get noticed

My college gpa sucks.. so I’m outta luck?

To get a job through career services yea it’ll be tough unless you can network your *** off with a hiring manager or team manager.

I help with on campus recruiting for my company both at my alma maters and then in office and i will say we have a strict policy of if under 3.2 it’s a no unless there are some circumstances. Say works full time while in school taking night classes. There are exceptions, but campus recruiting is pretty cookie cutter to make past the first cut. Now that’s it just to get you even considered. Then your personality, story, and all that other stuff will get you a seat at the in office visit or not and that’s after on campus interviews which maybe 20% get past this phase per school. I work in financial services, specifically in tax consulting, to give you perspective of how it functions. Granted financial services are some of the most competitive industries to find jobs so it’s tough. This is nothing compared to IB.

My GPA is garbage and I got into finance and to this day it will never be on my resume. If it's bad just leave it off and hope by doing so it isn't an auto pass although in a lot of cases it will be.

My GPA is garbage and I got into finance and to this day it will never be on my resume. If it's bad just leave it off and hope by doing so it isn't an auto pass although in a lot of cases it will be.

What did you do to get a job? I know someone in the same situation that said a bad gpa kills your opportunities in finance coming out of college. Have any tips I can pass on?

What did you do to get a job? I know someone in the same situation that said a bad gpa kills your opportunities in finance coming out of college. Have any tips I can pass on?
I work in asset management so I had the benefit of being able to obtain certifications that helped me support my resume outside of my terrible GPA. If that's something he's considering doing then he can do the same (Series Exams specifically for me)

Also he can start off by working in the back office the "bar" is lower there. That's what I did and built up a good enough reputation to where I could move to the front office.

I work in asset management so I had the benefit of being able to obtain certifications that helped me support my resume outside of my terrible GPA. If that's something he's considering doing then he can do the same (Series Exams specifically for me)

Also he can start off by working in the back office the "bar" is lower there. That's what I did and built up a good enough reputation to where I could move to the front office.

Props to you. Hard to move from the back office unless you network your *** off. But as they say, work for the job you want and not what you’re doing today. But yea this is a pro tip. Though it can still be hard to get a back office job without at least a 3.0 without a plug to internally refer you at most big bulge banks. Granted I’m basing this off what the NY market is like and what I’ve seen people go through back in undergrad and even when I went back to grad school.

If I knew how to network I would probably be further ahead. Very underrated professional skill which I am horrible at

I'm employed but not making any money, really. Not even enough to stay afloat without help or selling stuff. **** sucks.

I got laid off earlier this year and yeah. Took a huge pay cut with this new position but the pay is better than unemployment in this state which doesnt last very long and is only 350 max a week.

I'm so done with life really.

Back
Top Bottom