Whats your GPA??? vol. College students only.

2.6 Alot of you guys are lyin
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by eye see soles

Originally Posted by MvP07

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

TBONE95860 wrote:

Well it depends how good of a school you go to.... (which makes it harder if you go to a better school)..... that determines if your GPA is
good or not.

I mean if you're getting a 3.80 GPA at a not very highly rated school.... then yeah the 3.8 is good... but not the same as if you had like a 3.50+ GPA at
a GOOD school.
I think it has more to do with what percentile you're in in your school, rather than your school's ranking versus another's.

Since school ranking themselves are highly subjective.
Yeah that's not my point..... He said is my 3.42 GPA something to be happy about?

My point is.... if you have a HIGH GPA at a not so good/hard school.... that's not something to be THAT proud about (but of course good grades & hard work are always something to be proud about).... compared to if you went to a top 50 school in the nation, which would obviously have much harder classes/school work.... so a HIGH GPA would be harder to get and a lower GPA (then the 3.8 GPA at a worse school) would still be looked upon very well.
just shut up
I feel you. I'm just saying that school rankings are very subjective. Not to mention all of the different grading criteria every professor has that affects the final grade.

I hope you aren't saying "I fell you" to the dude with the smart comment.... ? All I was doing with my response wasexplaining what I really meant because you took it out of context
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And rankings aren't THAT subjective.... clearly when it takes a 3.7 GPA & high SAT to get into one school... that is ranked in the top 40 schools inthe nation.... vs a school where you can get in with a 2.7 GPA & a mediocre school.... one school is harder then the other school. One school will havebetter teachers and the teachers will expect more out of you because you attend a GOOD school.
For example, 3.5 GPA at Harvard.... .vs a 3.9 GPA at somewhere like University of New Mexico....
But anyway, I'm done with this subject.

4th year pharmD...not as bad as i thought i would do...i'll probably end up getting a 2.53 this semester...it sounds really bad but most of my grades werehigh b's and c's...and a D probably which will bring the grade down...

but my overall is still going to be a hair over 3.0 meaning i won't lose my scholarship!! (under 3.0 = lose scholarship)

and mideastbeast, you're in 1st year right? there's absolutely no excuse to do worse than a 3.3 man. get at least a 3.5 or you'll struggle later onand lose scholarship before your 5th year.

No, it was directed toward you.
laugh.gif

The name of the school matters most when you're looking for a job. So getting a 3.8 may be just as hard as getting it at Harvard than at Hood college.

You can't really define a "good" gpa in those terms.

Originally Posted by JCASH DA KID

Originally Posted by yankees1129

POLICE ORG. & MANAGEMENT - A
CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION - A
FORENSIC PSYCHOLOGY - A
ORGANIZED CRIME - A
CORE: DISCOVER NEW YORK - A

waiting for one more grade *crosses fingers*

I'm a junior and still haven't taken DNY Smh
roll.gif
DNY was the @!$@% it was a easy A (unless you get a ridicteacher who gives more work than your 4 credit class) and you get to watch a free broadway show

Just finished my first and only class of running start. So I guess I'll post that. I got a 3.0
smh.gif

What a way to start off my college transcript.

Originally Posted by iswearimcool

Well now that I'm not the lowest I can post mine. 1.41
ohwell.gif

oh well, i aint lying.
school just aint the thing for me
frown.gif

impossible to focus and never got my head straightened out.
i think i need to take a semester or two off get my *++% straight next term if the dean lets me back in.

"under 3. but this school is tough vvvvv and I'm an engineer on top of that".... Smh i done said this to my parents so many times and now i'msaying it to NT

Engineers remember though C's get degrees!

Wait till Dec. 22 for me.

A little preview BTW - So far I got a B in Management I (Night class) after the first half of this semester was over. It was a 90, and that would've beenAN A if my professor didn't classify grades on an eight point scale. (92 was required to get an A)
eyes.gif

TBONE I hope you realize that rank of school in your undergraduate career usually ends up meaning very little.

College GPA also depends on MANY more factors besides where the school is ranked, right now I'd say your argument is about void.

Well it depends how good of a school you go to.... (which makes it harder if you go to a better school)..... that determines if your GPA is good or not.
I mean if you're getting a 3.80 GPA at a not very highly rated school.... then yeah the 3.8 is good... but not the same as if you had like a 3.50+ GPA at a GOOD school.
I think it has more to do with what percentile you're in in your school, rather than your school's ranking versus another's.

Since school ranking themselves are highly subjective.
Yeah that's not my point..... He said is my 3.42 GPA something to be happy about?

My point is.... if you have a HIGH GPA at a not so good/hard school.... that's not something to be THAT proud about (but of course good grades & hard work are always something to be proud about).... compared to if you went to a top 50 school in the nation, which would obviously have much harder classes/school work.... so a HIGH GPA would be harder to get and a lower GPA (then the 3.8 GPA at a worse school) would still be looked upon very well.

This man is no better than me.. I'm watching Prison Break

My first quarter in college
Psychology: A
Asian American Studies: B
Geology-Earthquakes: B
English 57: Pass (C)
Seminar: Pass

GPA: 3.40

I'm very disappointed in my grades. I thought I was bringing home a 3.75 for this semester, but ended up with a 3.25
tired.gif

Didn't affect my overall GPA at all, which is still at a 3.25. I was hoping to have it up around a 3.35-3.4 after that 3.75 this semester
tired.gif

Originally Posted by D723

TBONE I hope you realize that rank of school in your undergraduate career usually ends up meaning very little.

College GPA also depends on MANY more factors besides where the school is ranked, right now I'd say your argument is about void.

You are right, but the thing is that once an engineer graduates after four years, their undergraduate school rank is very important because you are a P.E aftera bachelors degree and the school i go to is top 10 in the country for engineering, and I have upperclass friends that recently graduated and already gotcompanies like GE, Microsoft, and other big companies trying to recruit them. Now If someone were to come to my school and get a biology degree for undergrad,it would not matter

After taking my last class this semester, I think I'll be around a 3.0. Not exactly what I had in mine (3.5 range) when I first started but I'll takeit.

Accounting 211: A-
Economics 313: B-
Arts and Human Values 250: A
Philosophy 110: Pass

GPA: 3.46

laugh.gif

The name of the school matters most when you're looking for a job. So getting a 3.8 may be just as hard as getting it at Harvard than at Hood college.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Just as hard?!?!?
Okay you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Not for people who are going to go to graduate school like myself (Law School).

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Just as hard?!?!?
Okay you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Not for people who are going to go to graduate school like myself (Law School).
You obviously haven't been in Harvard. Or Hood College for that matter. And "might" was suppose to be the operative word.

A good gpa is one that will get you into a post-undergraduate school that suits your needs. It has nothing to do with your undergraduate school.

Basically it isn't some short term thing that can be correlated amongst other schools. It just doesn't work that way.

First, what school do you go to? Second, most people DO NOT end up getting a graduate degree, at least before they get themselves into the workforce. Thatbeing said, if you attend a top 50 school, it helps you out a lot. I hope you attend one ofthose, if not, sorry, and I can understand why you try to justify toyourself why GPA means more. I'm sorry, but a 3.4 from top 50 means more than a 4.0 at Podunk U.

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

4th year pharmD...not as bad as i thought i would do...i'll probably end up getting a 2.53 this semester...it sounds really bad but most of my grades were high b's and c's...and a D probably which will bring the grade down...

but my overall is still going to be a hair over 3.0 meaning i won't lose my scholarship!! (under 3.0 = lose scholarship)

and mideastbeast, you're in 1st year right? there's absolutely no excuse to do worse than a 3.3 man. get at least a 3.5 or you'll struggle later on and lose scholarship before your 5th year.

I know, I know
smh.gif
Question for any STJ head: Let's say someone gets a 2.99, they just get the scholarship taken away right then and there ? I thought theyreviewed GPA's at the end of the spring term ?

This semester I'm gonna be takin home a 3.75.

If I made a function out of my NT posting compared to my GPA, with NT being represented by X and my GPA being represented by Y, the end behavior would looksomething like this:

As X -> (infinity), Y -> RCG (Really Crappy Grades)
As X -> Zero (or just a little), Y-> AHLB (A Hell of a Lot Better)

Back
Top Bottom