Whats wrong with giving girls molly?? VOL. U AINT EVEN KNO IT

From what I'm reading, he didn't get dropped over the lyric, but also for "citing lack of remorse".

“Reebok holds our partners to a high standard, and we expect them to live up to the values of our brand. Unfortunately, Rick Ross has failed to do so. While we do not believe that Rick Ross condones sexual assault, we are very disappointed he has yet to display an understanding of the seriousness of this issue or an appropriate level of remorse.”

Like I said, it's not what you do, it's how you do it. And he be doin' it all wrong sometimes.

Some other good points....

Reggie Ossé ‏@Combat_Jack 10m
Can't say what another man should do, but I think the public would've backed off if Rick Ross dint give us the "it aint rape" double talk.

Reggie Ossé ‏@Combat_Jack 8m
I was ok w the song, the backlash was understandable but his response was insulting as it showed he underestimated our intelligence.

Kind of understandable that he'd underestimate our intelligence with what he's gotten away with for so long and so many people letting it slide.....

@DEFIKON: Lol at "God Forgives, Reebok Don't."

I just read that statement myself. He really could have avoided all of this by just putting out a decent apology

The only reason the line received attention was because he's inked to reebok. Take that out of the equation and it's just another demeaning disgusting lyric in gangsta rap. I'm thinking sometime Googled one of his songs just to see what type of things he takes about.

What he's referring to is most definitely rape, which is most definitely a violation. No way around it. I really dont understand what most if the bickering is about in here. It's pretty obvious what happened.

I just heard the verse. Son is an idiot, he said the line DIRECTLY after a reebok plug. You know anyone associated with reebok is going to be curious about hearing your advertisement, whether they like rap or not. Naturally they're going to listen to at least a few seconds of it just because it's on and the beat is decent. Oh let me slide in the part about molly, they'll love that. Smh.

Last edited:
The only reason the line received attention was because he's inked to reebok. Take that out of the equation and it's just another demeaning disgusting lyric in gangsta rap. I'm thinking sometime Googled one of his songs just to see what type of things he takes about.

What he's referring to is most definitely rape, which is most definitely a violation. No way around it. I really dont understand what most if the bickering is about in here. It's pretty obvious what happened.

I just heard the verse. Son is an idiot, he said the line DIRECTLY after a reebok plug. You know anyone associated with reebok is going to be curious about hearing your advertisement, whether they like rap or not. Naturally they're going to listen to at least a few seconds of it just because it's on and the beat is decent. Oh let me slide in the part about molly, they'll love that. Smh.

I agree with most of your post, but I saw a lot of kickback to that line from the Hip Hop community. And I don't think that had anything to do with being inked to Reebok.

I think it went the next step because of his Reebok deal. Because it have protestors a corporate target. So the media exposure was that much greater.

I can't go back and remember correctly to when this all first popped off, but there were a lot of cats on Rap blogs and rap media who were discussing this. I don't think his Reebok affiliation played a part in that at all.

Anyone with a brain just saw how ridiculous that line was. And subsequently how pathetic his apologies were. Remember, his first "apology" was just on a random Hip Hop station.

He issues a 2nd one when Reebok started to feel it.

Why do people love to play dumb???? Ross knew what he was trying to apply with those Lyrics.  Dude got caught up that's life..... Hell depending on his contract he might still get the money for his endorsement 

I don't understand why it's so hard to comprehend the "I had fun with that, she ain't even know it," followed by his trying to talk around the issue instead of just apologizing. That's what it comes down to, folks.

Lol at dude saying molly makes you feel good.
Im curious to what "good" actually is, good in this case can be slandered in so many ways. Regardless slipping some type of drug in someones drink male/female without them doing it themselves is about as low as poking a hole in. Rubber..

1. I can't believe dudes in here are actually condoning the actions that Ross is describing, which constitute a straight violation in basically every segment of society, from the streets to the Ivy League. Dude was talking about rape, period. There is no other way to interpret his lyrics...

2. There is a tremendous difference between defending free speech (which is great) and stating that people should be able to say absolutely whatever they want with no consequences (which is absolutely ridiculous)...

3. Of course white folks and women's groups don't give a damn about rappers talking about poisoning and killing their own people because Black folks don't even care about it for the most part...

4. Are some of y'all really equating drug dealing to rape in your own moral codes of ethics? If so can someone please explain this to me...

5. Ross's "apology" was damn near as offensive as his original lyrics...

6. I don't mess with any music talking about rape so, for myself and I'm sure many others, this is not an issue of selective condemnation...

7. With that being said, Ross is a piece of **** and this whole situation is just further proof of that in my eyes...

idk how this even reached the media... this was a mixtape song from rocko, i mean rocko, not to many people even listened to rocko, but i guess the record got spins.... and it eventually led one of these ******* to get mad... when i  heard it i was like daaaaaammmm

Heard da remix...wiz ruined da song....
He got 4 more . . . one every Thursday for the next 5 (now it's 4 I guess) weeks . . . dude really tryna milk this lol

Shoulda just did a video and then released a megamix . . .

Heard Kendrick and Ye got verses too

I hope ross got a check cuz he made tge song bigger than it ever wouldve been. My moms jus txt me talking about she heard the song where rick ross raped that girl. Her pov is it wasn't right but shes heard alot worse over the years so :\. But s/o to rocko wit the banger

No one who is defending Ross condones rape.......................... trying to simply point out that arbitrarily, condemning an artist for using aggressive lyrics is weak.........

LOOK WHO IS PROTESTING HIM!!!! DO THEY LOOK LIKE THEY LISTEN TO RAP?!?!?!?!?!?

View media item 365409
View media item 365410
View media item 365411
Revolution?!?!?! Really?!?!?!

Have you heard Nas in "Wanna Play Rough"?................:wow:

Look at your woman, anal ripped out, it's your fault
They gang banged your ***** out in your face and you saw it
But before I let you have it I'm searchin' your crib
For pictures of relatives, addresses to where they live.....................:x

This is my last post on this subject...................

William Roberts, the multi-millionair entertainer is not slipping MDMA, in any of your precious white women beverages in real life......................

He is not giving the pass for any of his listeners to do the same thing...............

I would hope as a black man and predominant listener of this genre of music, I am given the benefit of the doubt that I can distinguish the difference between right and wrong and I will not try to emulate rappers in what they discuss in their music..............

Good Day gentlemen.............

I just want to know when mollys became so popular? Does Trinidad James really have that much impact on society? :lol:

i think this being blown out of porportion so much is thanks to twitter.  people now have access to lifestyles and cultures they have never really been around or understand.  anyone one who regularly listens to rap knows that line was practically harmless (not to mention weak sauce) compared to some other ****.  I think someone with power who isnt too familiar with real rap heard it and got them jimmies rustled.  

Nothing against Molly's but I don't think it's cool to go around secretly giving them to girls. What if someone did that to you?? Sounds like you're cool with it. :smh:

I just want to know when mollys became so popular? Does Trinidad James really have that much impact on society?
laugh.gif
Kanye West and Madonna mentioned it way before anyone knew who Trinidad James was

Back
Top Bottom