what's the point of drinking

OP's intentions are to rustle jimmies
He rustles mine all the time 
laugh.gif
 but I still love him. He's like the annoying little brother.

Drinking is the act of ingesting water or other drinks through the mouth. Water is required for many of life’s physiological processes. Both excessive and inadequate water intake are associated with health problems.
When a liquid is poured into an open human mouth, the swallowing process is completed by peristalsis which delivers the liquid to the stomach; much of the activity is abetted by gravity. The liquid may be poured from the hands or drinkware may be used as vessels. Drinking can also be performed by acts of inhalation, typically when imbibing hot liquids or drinking from a spoon. Infants employ a method of suction wherein the lips are pressed tight around a source, as in breastfeeding: a combination of breath and tongue movement creates a vacuum which draws in liquid.[1]

Alcoholic beverages

“Drinking” is often used metonymically as a synonym for the consumption of alcoholic beverages. Most cultures throughout history have incorporated some number of the wide variety of "strong drinks" into their meals, celebrations, ceremonies, toasts and other occasions.[16] The earliest known evidence of fermented drinks in human culture dates to 8,000 BC.[17]
Despite its popularity, the drinking of alcohol poses significant health risks. Alcohol abuse and the addiction of alcoholism are common maladies worldwide. A high rate of consumption can also lead to cirrhosis, gastritis, gout, pancreatitis, hypertension, various forms of cancer, and numerous other illnesses.[18]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking

Anyone else found their vocal chords changing with drinking? I'm in my mid-20's but it's like the more I drink the more pitch I get. 

by the time i hit 21 i had stopped drinking...

did that from 17-20..

i dont understand how people can just drink beer tho, 

i used to like drinking 40's but just drinking beer after beer is just boring to me.

i would spend 100 or more on 2 bottles every pay day,when i was 19.

id get a french cognac something like hypnotiq alize or x-rated then cop a cognac like henney or this vanilla stuff called nyak.

i made a bomb drink called jesus juice, it was nyak x-rated and doles strawberry orange banana juice, you could hardly taste the alcohol..

i was a scientist when it came to drinks, we would do mad beer runs too, mostly for bottles.
pimp.gif

Some like the taste
It helps people relax

I mainly drink when I need to relax (wine), I also love the taste of wine. I wish some wine didn't get you drunk lol.

It's just really tasty.

I drink beer and take shots to have a good time sometimes. I like the feeling..

Anyone like to have drunk sex? cuz it feels nice...

So that you stray away from popping a Molly, then sweating.

Woo?

But naw , alcohol isn't nearly as dangerous as these other recreational drugs when done responsibly. Hell, beer and wine actually have benefits to your health.
Dog..... I popped a banned substance (olympics, pro sports, etc) before work and I was big time sweating 
laugh.gif
 (on second thought, this substance is also illegal) 

It's a depressant in the sense that too much of it slows down motor function and breathing.

Mentally people have all different types of responses

It actually also significantly disables the frontal lobe of the brain, the part that deals with higher thinking. In essence it makes people stupid. With that said I LOVE IT.

Right but my point is that it's not called a depressant because it makes you "depressed"

And by different mentally I meant that there are happy, sad, and angry drunks

to alter the mind and body. that's what it alwways is. whether it's drugs ora lcohol. people like a change and to take themselves to a different place than where they normally go at a 9-5.
and it's fun to do. the body has it's own chemistry and throwing off the balance with substances can't make some happy and others miserable.

i'm not advocating all drugs but after drinking, then smoking... then going to a handful of raves i understand where people come from. I'm actually planning on going straight edge.. mainly just for myself and live life in the normal lane

There is no point for ME to drink. It serves me no purpose and it taste like crap. Amaretto Sour is good though. Plus I like being in full control of myself.

I get why others do it though.

One thing I've never understood about Drinking,

How do people not remember what happened? I've been so drunk to the point where I've vomited and passed out (UCSB, Halloween weekend :pimp: ) but I remember everything until I passed/blacked out.

But as far as the point of it? I don't know, it taste nasty. I guess the feeling of being buzzed/on is cool though. Everything just seems slower, smoother, etc. That may just be me though. Hangovers make you wish you never would have drank the night before though :smh:

With this being said, TU this weekend :lol:

We drink to take the pain away and to get away from life. Without liqs I don't picture myself existing lol

I only drink if girls are involved. The alchy bring out the idgaf mannerism out of me and it makes her loose. There is less tension. Everyone is feeling good. I either bring her somewhere else or walk slower than the group we were with. Then it leads to both our hands in places where it shouldn't be and... you get the point.

Right but my point is that it's not called a depressant because it makes you "depressed"

And by different mentally I meant that there are happy, sad, and angry drunks

Nah if you go on binge for like a week, you'll definitely feel depressed afterwards I don't care who you are

For me its a vacation from reality.

I don't have a full ride to the University im attending and I stay on campus, so all I do is work and go to school pretty much. Allows me to take that much needed mental vacation at the end of the week and focus on the now instead of upcoming deadlines and the 9 hour shift I have to wake up for in the morning. I never go overboard though; drinking until you throw up and remembering the night before through what 10 different people are telling you what you did is not fun.

Back
Top Bottom