What's the point in carrying cash?

from my experiences, its easier to keep a few dollars on ya just incase situations go from already bad to worse...

…and I've learned to never keep the dollars in my wallet 

Last edited:
I always carry like $10 - $20 cash on me, for the bus or hood chinese/mexican food spots that don't take card.

I control my spending much more with my card, if I have cash in my hands it flies...I have multiple accounts set up, savings, bills, and spending money, my card is only linked to my spending money account and it always has a low balance....can't fraud me there...if I need to purchase something, I do a transfer right before my purchase and pay, many times I've waved down what could have been stupid impulse purchases because of having to transfer funds, gives me a few seconds to really think and see money in my other account drop to reconsider.
See. That's the thing I got sprint. ...and like. ...it takes too long for me to transfer my money. I try to Tho. Keep most of it in my savings. And just carry $ for the week in my checking.

One of my biggest fears in life is my card getting declined at the checkout. Your debit card is just the middle man. Cash gets everything done quicker and easier.

I don't carry a wallet either. What's the point of wallets like your dad had lol.

Bud
Barbershops
Deli's/Chinese spot that have 10 dollar minimums for cards
Bud

1113568_o.gif

I carry cash rarely. And I do find that I spend UBER recklessly. 

But It goes back to self discipline. 

There will be times where ( to my never ending shock and confusion) stores don't take card. ( cough* chicken spot, chinese food restaurant... then they have the gall to have an atm that charges you 1.99 just to withdraw 10 measly dollars!!! but.... I digress) 

I also don't try to walk with money anymore because beggars can SMELL it on you. It's bad. I don't lie, but when you have nothing in your wallet, it makes life easier. 

I don't see the issue with controlling spending. That's what a banking app is for.

I prefer to use cash more than anything, but I don't think I carry more than 70-100 cash on me at a time. If you're always swiping cards, you feel like you have an unlimited amount of money, until you check your account line by line and realize how much you've actually spent. Plus, there's a good number of places that only take cash no matter what.

Last edited:
One of my biggest fears in life is my card getting declined at the checkout. Your debit card is just the middle man. Cash gets everything done quicker and easier.

I don't carry a wallet either. What's the point of wallets like your dad had lol.
I always getall nervous about that when I swipe even though I know I have more than enough money to cover it, sometimes (rarely) there is a network error or the connection times out and it declines, don't want to have mad people behind me in line and I'm swiping then have to put the head down and walk off with no groceries. But I have 3 cards and the chance of all 3 having network problems are about 0

Word to Chase, every time I spend more than $20 they text me to tell I spent more than $20 and tell me my balance

I carry cash when I go to the bar. I have no self control with money when I'm out. I'm liable to swipe my life away.

Any other time I use my card(s). I get cash back with my credit card or reward points with my debit.

I always carry like $10 - $20 cash on me, for the bus or hood chinese/mexican food spots that don't take card.

This. I always try to carry $20 because I live so close by to chinatown. You can eat like a king and still have left over for some tapioca :smokin

Back
Top Bottom