What's good with the hate for Boston?

because of this guy and his antics in the playoffs is reason enough to hate boston..../thread

31243301H12629449-thumb-660x670-6492.jpg

smh.gif

Boston is cool. I'm from Boston. I haven't been there in almost 7 years though. I like smelling the salt in the and being able to go to the coast. Ilike the accent, because it reminds me of home.

i hate boston's sports teams. ill say that.

i can't judge the city though because i've never been there and i always think it's foolish when fans here in LA say eff new york or eff boston asa city when they've never been there before.

next time i go back to new york though im going to try and make it to boston for a day or two to check the city out though.

Originally Posted by sickickz23

because of this guy and his antics in the playoffs is reason enough to hate boston..../thread

31243301H12629449-thumb-660x670-6492.jpg

smh.gif

Word..
Would have been nice to see him get the Anthony Peeler treatment again..

132689691.gif

I hate boston because of the Redsox, accent, annoying Bostanians, and Esp. hate boston because of Jonathan Papelbon and Youkilis!!!!! oooooooooohhhhh HOW IHATE YOUKILIS!!

It's one of the most xenophobic places in America.

it is beautiful near the coast, though.

Originally Posted by soltheman

It's one of the most xenophobic places in America.

it is beautiful near the coast, though.

I've been living in boston for 4 years, and the xenophobia... not true. Im from NY so It sucks living with all the Sox/NE/Celts fans etc. though.

Originally Posted by NooEra

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

i dont like Boston sport teams, mainly because of all of a sudden when they start winning Patriot and red sox fans out of no where.

Patriots fans, maybe. But i remember being at Fenway way before 2004, and there was ALWAYS a good turnout. Back when Mo Vaughn and Nomar were tearing it up, who wouldn't want to see that? The Sox and the C's had a strong fanbase before the recent championships. Anyone that lives in Boston will vouch.
what are you talking about the two years before the big three no one went to Celtics games. They even chanted MVP for Kobe
laugh.gif

just dislike there sports teams... other than that city is fine
aint touching nyc though

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]Their accent is prolly the worst....their teams are the worst.....just their douches[/color]

The city itself is cool. I just don't like most Boston people because they live their life through sports. It's like if the red Sox and Pats have agood season they talk about nothing but that. I went to visit my friend in the 07, 08, and 09 fall seasons at his Univ. All I heard was the Pats, Sox, and 2years ago the Celtics. Then my friend told me the people nearly cried when the Pats lost to the Giants in the SB. I mean I'm a Yankees fan but I don'tblow up in people's faces that my team is better than yours. I like my teams, I'll say which teams I like, and I'll cheer for them. Unless my teamis playing somebody's I'm not going to get into an argument and try to downplay someone's team.

But it's funny how all the Celtics fans there came out of the woodwork in 08 when they started playing well. Now granted this is what I noticed from myfriend's roommates and his friends, maybe it's different to others. But it seems that you have plenty of front runners there who only support winners.Hell half of the Stadium was empty for Celtics games the year before as I recall. Somehow MSG is nearly soldout every game and yet we have a garbage product onthe floor. Jets games are always sold out and supported as well, even though our team typically dissapoints.

Originally Posted by SoLeCiTy

I hate boston because of the Redsox, accent, annoying Bostanians, and Esp. hate boston because of Jonathan Papelbon and Youkilis!!!!! oooooooooohhhhh HOW I HATE YOUKILIS!!

and them Cotdamn Patriots
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Biggie62
[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]I'm from RI, and you never really heard *$*@ bout either New England team...espsince i was a kid....now all of a sudden people going ape *$*@ for the hometown favs.....sickens me[/color]

Concepts
pimp.gif

Bodega
pimp.gif

Celtics, Pats, Red Sox
pimp.gif

Brady, Moss, Welker, Pierce, Wallace, Rondo, KG, Jesus, Beckett,
pimp.gif

ny<<boston
smokin.gif

Hell half of the Stadium was empty for Celtics games the year before as I recall.
Myth.

There were plenty of open seats in the balcony, but that's about it. You guys make it seem like Celtics games were like Tampa Bay Rays games or something.There were always a decent amount of fans at the games, even during the '06-'07 season.

people always were fans of the celtics, red sox and pats...... u muh****az are idiots.......

Of course the fan base grew a little. but thats whats gonna happen when ur team wins chips.... its the way this world goes....

but from what i know boston sport teams always had fans.... and no matter what always will...........

BRADY NICE COMEBACK!!!!!!! down 12, 5 minutes to go..... of course everyone in boston still thought we was gonna win.. no doubt about that... we knew it.. evendown 12 with 5.. we knew pats will pull it away....

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
i was gonna stay away from the debates cause it really doesnt matter to me but-

Boston is a big and diverse city - you have the college parts, the slums, the hick parts etc - segregation is heavy as youll see most italians here the irishthere blacks here and so on -

accents? i mean its just like everywhere else...you have people from CERTAIN parts that have strong accents...but just like NY not EVERYBODY talks likesomebody from long island right? it varies...i was born and raised on boston and i have never said CAH or wicked or any of that
laugh.gif

most of the hate for boston comes from the sports teams and then from misconceptions + false generalizations

just in my experience anybody ive met from boston constantly felt the need to mention they were from Boston at any available moment annoying as hell

Back
Top Bottom