What y'all making/bringing to work for lunch? Vol. $100/week since Jan 1

I can't eat something refrigerated past 2 days... especially Meat... starts tasting like wood.

***** eating Cobb salads everyday

I also buy my
Snacks in bulk..so I don't waste money daily on vending machines

I’m surprised no scumbags said they steal people’s lunches out of the break room refrigerator.

Leftovers for the win.

Sometimes I take a sandwich but I don't pre-make it. I take the bread, meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato, condiments and assemble it at work. Tastes so much better.

Man, people at work make my lunch look so weak. Folks be collabing to make bowls of Pho or Nachos. :smh:

Trader Joe's can be a good move if you don't want to meal prep.

Their frozen foods are pretty bomb and not that expensive.

Meal planning is the move.

The DASH diet and the Mediterranean diets are excellent to follow and there’s some good cookbooks available on iBooks.

I pick 2-3 recipes for the week for lunch/dinner go to Whole Foods or Sprouts and make my food for the week.

You can still eat out once or twice a week but following a diet plan and meal prepping is healthy and cost effective. It’s also time efficient.

It’s all about good habit forming. Once you ween yourself off of eating out regularly you’ll see all that extra money pile up.

The hardest part for me is getting my kids to eat salads and fish though. It’s a pain in the ***.

Back
Top Bottom