What y'all making/bringing to work for lunch? Vol. $100/week since Jan 1

$ I spend on food at work is mostly on a snack mid-day, or random days where I feel like buying lunch. Otherwise, 98% of the time I'm bringing lunch from home. Mostly leftovers from the night before, a salad, or cold cut sandwich.

Won't lie though, in the spring/summer when it's warmer, I tend to spend a bit more because there are so many outdoor spots/places worth walking to that I can grab near the office.

$100 a week on lunch?? Bodega has $5-$6 hero’s with a free soda b I’m gucci

Manhattan ftl, b. I avoid the cheap spots like the plague cuz I'll end up with the bubble guts 1/2 hour later guaranteed.

$20-25 for a week's worth of stuff from Trader Joes...albeit its most of the same stuff, but i like it, until i dont...

Gotta get into Joe's soon. I have cold cuts and veggies from BJs, but TJ will offer more variety.

microwaved chicken when you meal prep doesn’t taste that good. even if it’s marinated.

i can go get a free meal from our kitchen everyday but i usually go out instead. i gotta stop that and save some money.

Did it before and was surprised how much I saved. Would do it again but I'm 5 mins from work. I just go home, eat leftovers and take a nap.

Yo thats so bless.

Worked in this asphalt lab once and this Indian dude that looked like mr bean would take naps in his car during lunch :lol:

What if I am usin microwaves at gas stations is it okay that I stink it up there

I meal prep. Only for four days though. Not eating food that's been in the fridge for more than four days.

Did it before and was surprised how much I saved. Would do it again but I'm 5 mins from work. I just go home, eat leftovers and take a nap.

Same, fortunate to live 5 mins walking distance with a long break. If i dont go home, leftovers.

Man eveb grocery shopping be expensive. I always go in telling myself to just get this and that but always get some extra stuff.

Decided to try aldis, waaaaay cheaper indeed but the food therr be making my stomach hurt and mad gassy so never went back lol.

You got the Costanza desk??
:lol: nah lean back in the chair, feet up on the desk. got my own office but i leave the door open.

imma start doing sandwiches for lunch using the bread from the work kitchen. i really should go back to doing IF.

2 Question for meal preppers

1. So y'all cook the food on sunday and then leave the meals in the fridge for the whole week? By Friday wouldnt the food be a lil stale?

2. Y'all don't get tired of eating the same grilled chicken everyday?
After cooking ..store in the freezer..can last weeks..defrost prior to heating up..freezing immediately after cooking is key

this...i am soo lazy to bring lunch but that **** really adds up man..esp since i have to stop for coffee in the morning smh

microwaved chicken when you meal prep doesn’t taste that good. even if it’s marinated.

i can go get a free meal from our kitchen everyday but i usually go out instead. i gotta stop that and save some money.

Try placing a wet paper towel over the dish to create like a steam joint. I use it for my rice or chicken and it taste better. Not like fresh chicken tho but a lot better

For the last little while, I've just been bringing left overs from dinner. Used to meal prep 2 different meals on Sunday so I could alternate and not get sick of what I'm eating throughout the week. Gonna be starting again when I move out.

I recently moved to an apartment a block from my work. So I cook 2-3 days worth of food at a time and just leave it in Tupperware containers and come heat that up on my lunch break. On the days my GF stays over she'll cook for me and I'll get a nice homecooked meal for lunch. Been able to save a TON of money for important things like sneakers and clothes :nthat::rofl:and have been able to lose the extra lbs. I had gained eating out for lunch everyday.

For the last little while, I've just been bringing left overs from dinner. Used to meal prep 2 different meals on Sunday so I could alternate and not get sick of what I'm eating throughout the week. Gonna be starting again when I move out.

This is the biggest thing to help not feeling like your eating the same thing.

Another trick is if you make chicken you can do ( salad, rice and veggies, Tacos, etc) all from the chicken you cooked on Sunday or whenever you decide to cook.

Make some mac and cheese Wednesday night then throw the chicken in for Thursday lunch.

How is it disgusting?

Say I made chicken adobo yesterday.....heat it up in the microwave....its good.

Unless you mean like frozen microwavable foods

Back
Top Bottom