What would make a guy interested in a girl he was not initially interested in? Vol. Keepin' it rea

Originally Posted by Me4u2Night

SShanique - Are you still stalking Ric Flair???

The Italian?  No.  I never stalked him to begin with, but I just moved a couple Fridays ago.  I may never see him again unless I get a job in the area or maybe go to his restaurant when I am in town for graduation.  I'm not sweatin' it, though.

A pizza place is setting up shop across the street from him, so I would be interested to see how he handles the competition.  I like his pasta better than his pizza, though, and he got his liquor license back, so his restaurant has more to offer.

Originally Posted by dunks87

Originally Posted by SShanique

Originally Posted by dunks87

this thread makes my head hurt.
OP do you even know what your point is anymore?

The point for what the thread was orignally about or what it turned into?

either/ or.
I thought you were talking about a "Friend" but then later you started talking about some 25 year old guy who is your ideal equivalent.
I'm so lost.

It was about that other person or a situation like hers.  I was just wondering if anyone had experienced that.  Then someone took a comment I made and tried to make me into a golddigger.  Naturally, I had to defend myself.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by I AM KNOWLEDGE

What did you get on the LSAT?

She seems to be ducking every question related to law school and how she got there.
Thought I was the only one who noticed this
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 4dWritePRiCE

Originally Posted by Shaze804

Why is anyone mad at me for wanting to be with someone who could be my equivalent? Are y'all trying to make me out to be a golddigger or something? When he told me he was 25, I perked up. On the flip side, when I told him I was graduating law school in two months, he perked up. I don't see what the big deal is. I never even accepted a date from him. I was more concerned with my classes, and I felt he could wait. How does that make me a golddigger?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 at this entire thread.
SShanique always manages to get her self into trouble 
laugh.gif

I'm sure your responses were innocent, but this is how we see it.

Even though you're on the verge of becoming an attorney, you're not quite his equivalent.

Do you have a House? Car? Restaurant? Probably not.

And I'm sure he perked up because he saw it as someone who could possibly be HIS EQUIVALENT.

But until you get the 120-150K salary you are not his equivalent.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]
false sense of entitlement. this is 1 of the things that irked me about that ABC news special "why blk women are unmarried"(besides the lackluster reporting)
eyes.gif

...can't find someone their equivalent? for yrs it was the other way around meaning men were marrying down...now more women are breadwinners why is there a issue with marrying someone with lower income than yourself...but thats another topic i guess.
eyes.gif

Men get to choose women based on looks, but women don't get to choose men based on status.  Gotcha.

that's exactly right. Traits are what defines people [personality traits or physical traits], and dictate attraction. LOOKS consist of physical traits which directly have to do with who the person is, and therefore is a factor in attraction. STATUS is an indicator of income, therefore hinting at the amount of materialistic objects one can acquire by getting with that person. status isn't a TRAIT, and therefore has no grounds for causing attraction.....unless, that is, that you're in fact mining for GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD; in which case i suggest u cop one of these.
grin.gif

osfkmp.jpg

No, a person who is successful has to have had the goals, drive, and ambition to reach that success.  I think those are some very nice traits to look for in a partner.
well u didnt say it was the goals, drive and ambition. u said  " but women don't get to choose men based on status.  Gotcha. "
jus sayin
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

She seems to be ducking every question related to law school and how she got there.
laugh.gif

I've had enough of the NT detectives.  I'm not giving you guys any more ammunition.

laugh.gif

I've had enough of the NT detectives.  I'm not giving you guys any more ammunition.
You're going to this university aren't you?
University_of_Phoenix_Logo.jpg

Does DeVry have a law program?

laugh.gif

I've had enough of the NT detectives.  I'm not giving you guys any more ammunition

What the hell is someone going to do with an LSAT score?

laugh.gif

I've had enough of the NT detectives.  I'm not giving you guys any more ammunition

Call me a dummy if it's below 180.  Sorry, NT, I didn't make a perfect score.

4dWritePRiCE wrote:

Why is anyone mad at me for wanting to be with someone who could be my equivalent? Are y'all trying to make me out to be a golddigger or something? When he told me he was 25, I perked up. On the flip side, when I told him I was graduating law school in two months, he perked up. I don't see what the big deal is. I never even accepted a date from him. I was more concerned with my classes, and I felt he could wait. How does that make me a golddigger?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 at this entire thread.
laugh.gif

Even though you're on the verge of becoming an attorney, you're not quite his equivalent.

And I'm sure he perked up because he saw it as someone who could possibly be HIS EQUIVALENT.

[/font]
false sense of entitlement. this is 1 of the things that irked me about that ABC news special "why blk women are unmarried"(besides the lackluster reporting)
eyes.gif

...can't find someone their equivalent? for yrs it was the other way around meaning men were marrying down...now more women are breadwinners why is there a issue with marrying someone with lower income than yourself...but thats another topic i guess.
eyes.gif

Men get to choose women based on looks, but women don't get tochoose men based on status.Gotcha.
that's exactly right. Traits are what defines people [personality traits or physical traits], and dictate attraction. LOOKS consist of physical traits which directly have to do with who the person is, and therefore is a factor in attraction. STATUS is an indicator of income, therefore hinting at the amount of materialistic objects one can acquire by getting with that person. status isn't a TRAIT, and therefore has no grounds for causing attraction.....unless, that is, that you're in fact mining for GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD; in which case i suggest u cop one of these.
grin.gif

osfkmp.jpg

No, a person who is successful has to have had thegoals, drive, and ambition to reach that success. I think those are some very nice traits to look for in a partner.
well u didnt say it was the goals, drive and ambition. u said " but women don't get tochoose men based on status.Gotcha. "
jus sayin
grin.gif

I certainlywould not date a guy based on status, alone. A drug lord could have a high status, and that is not my type. I judge aguy by what it took for him to obtain that status. Essentially,it's TheClimb.

I mean, this guy does not just run the restaurant and tell people what to do. He sometimes has to get his hands dirty. I know the 2nd time I went there to pick up an order, he came from the back wearing an apron. I wanted to laugh. I figured he was short on cooks and had to cook, himself. But maybe I made his day a little bit better, because he did the Ric Flair as soon as he saw me.
laugh.gif
He seemed to be a little distressed, though, because he asked if I knew someone who needed a job. I said I didn't, and then before I left he still told me to send someone who needs a job. I said, "But I don't know anyone." And he cut me off like, "Send them to me!"
laugh.gif
Even when on the days the restaurant is closed you will see his car parked there. He seems like the kind of guy who will do whatever it takes to succeed. So yeah, it's the climb, not just the end result.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 at this entire thread.
laugh.gif

[/font]
eyes.gif

eyes.gif

Men get to choose women based on looks, but women don't get to choose men based on status.  Gotcha.

grin.gif

osfkmp.jpg
eek.gif
@ the mining hat

roll.gif

laugh.gif

Call me a dummy if it's below 180.  Sorry, NT, I didn't make a perfect score.

You seem to be comfortable revealing other details about your private life that make you look like a dummy.

kanye-west-500x375.jpg

I was actually in this position where I wasn't into this girl initially, but after two years I realized I had stronger feelings for her. I'm not going to write an essay, so I'll keep it short. I think what did it for me is the fact that I got to know her on a whole different level. At first, I was under the pressure knowing that she wanted to be my girlfriend and I wasn't interested. After she got over me, I hooked her up with one of my boys and they've been dating for two years. Throughout the time period, we became very close friends and the idea of her wanting to get with me never crossed my mind, so talking to her was easy. In my opinion, I feel its all about becoming comfortable around the person and eventually leading to feelin them as more than a friend just because of that comfort.

Sometime in that 4 year span, the guy you're talking about probably saw something in that girl that he didn't realize before. Maybe he was trying to figure out what kind of woman he wanted to settle down with and realized she fit to a T.  All things take time, so don't be too surprised that something like this can happen. It's more common than you think...

Any woman who says she isn't attracted to sucess is lying. If that's the only thing you find attractive about him that's a problem but to get on her for finding his sucess attractive is a bit much.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Any woman who says she isn't attracted to sucess is lying.
maybe if she has low self esteem, word to fat white women that pay your rent and let you drive their honda
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

*anybody see what I did there?*

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Where do you go to law school?  It will help me understand if you have a good shot at getting the type of guy you seem to want.

roll.gif

I concur! Since we're down for rating mating potential....
laugh.gif

I never even said what kind of guy I'm looking for.  Anton LaVey said that stuff, and then everybody just ran with it.  I just mentioned a particular guy and listed his qualifications.  I do not have to have a tight body or wear Jimmy Choo shoes to attract that guy.  The first 3 times I saw him, I was wearing black pants, a t-shirt, non-slip Skechers, and my natural hair tied back with a scarf.  That didn't deter him from inviting me to spend time with him outside of work.

You were wearing Skechers?????

rbmgm1.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Any woman who says she isn't attracted to sucess is lying.
maybe if she has low self esteem, word to fat white women that pay your rent and let you drive their honda
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

*anybody see what I did there?*
Round these parts it's a grand am
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Where do you go to law school?  It will help me understand if you have a good shot at getting the type of guy you seem to want.

roll.gif

I concur! Since we're down for rating mating potential....
laugh.gif

I never even said what kind of guy I'm looking for.  Anton LaVey said that stuff, and then everybody just ran with it.  I just mentioned a particular guy and listed his qualifications.  I do not have to have a tight body or wear Jimmy Choo shoes to attract that guy.  The first 3 times I saw him, I was wearing black pants, a t-shirt, non-slip Skechers, and my natural hair tied back with a scarf.  That didn't deter him from inviting me to spend time with him outside of work.

You were wearing Skechers?????

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom