What would make a guy interested in a girl he was not initially interested in? Vol. Keepin' it rea

Originally Posted by SShanique

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

SShanique wrote:
I know this girl who regularly crossed paths with this guy for several years, and he just recently started dating her.  I'm wondering why he did not ask her out sooner.  Was he not attracted to her all those years or what?  If you've been in a similar situation, what brought about the change of heart?

grin.gif

You know this girl...
grin.gif

...let me guess...you're "just trying to help..."

laugh.gif

but honestly change of heart and he finally realized it...it really goes both ways though

OP why would you have a change of heart for a guy if it happened to you?

If he suddenly noticed me after years, I don't think I would be interested in him.  I would wonder what was wrong before.

did you ever think that maybe, just maybe he could of been in a relationship at the time so thats why he didnt holla?

i think you should pick a diffrent career field because nobody is going to want to hire a lawyer who lacks common sense

Shaquana come on b, with these threads you make it leads me to believe that you just signed up to this message board to get attention from men by annoying the hell out of them with stupid topics. I'm telling you this as a friend cut it out

Originally Posted by Uptown1090Slime

Shaquana come on b, with these threads you make it leads me to believe that you just signed up to this message board to get attention from men by annoying the hell out of them with stupid topics. I'm telling you this as a friend cut it out

They didn't get annoyed until we went off topic.

Originally Posted by Shaze804

Originally Posted by Me4u2Night

Why is anyone mad at me for wanting to be with someone who could be my equivalent? Are y'all trying to make me out to be a golddigger or something? When he told me he was 25, I perked up. On the flip side, when I told him I was graduating law school in two months, he perked up. I don't see what the big deal is. I never even accepted a date from him. I was more concerned with my classes, and I felt he could wait. How does that make me a golddigger?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 at this entire thread.
SShanique always manages to get her self into trouble 
laugh.gif

I'm sure your responses were innocent, but this is how we see it.

Even though you're on the verge of becoming an attorney, you're not quite his equivalent.

Do you have a House? Car? Restaurant? Probably not.

And I'm sure he perked up because he saw it as someone who could possibly be HIS EQUIVALENT.

But until you get the 120-150K salary you are not his equivalent.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]
false sense of entitlement. this is 1 of the things that irked me about that ABC news special "why blk women are unmarried"(besides the lackluster reporting)
eyes.gif

...can't find someone their equivalent? for yrs it was the other way around meaning men were marrying down...now more women are breadwinners why is there a issue with marrying someone with lower income than yourself...but thats another topic i guess.
eyes.gif

Men get to choose women based on looks, but women don't get to choose men based on status.  Gotcha.

Why is anyone mad at me for wanting to be with someone who could be my equivalent? Are y'all trying to make me out to be a golddigger or something? When he told me he was 25, I perked up. On the flip side, when I told him I was graduating law school in two months, he perked up. I don't see what the big deal is. I never even accepted a date from him. I was more concerned with my classes, and I felt he could wait. How does that make me a golddigger?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 at this entire thread.
laugh.gif

Even though you're on the verge of becoming an attorney, you're not quite his equivalent.

And I'm sure he perked up because he saw it as someone who could possibly be HIS EQUIVALENT.

[/font]
false sense of entitlement. this is 1 of the things that irked me about that ABC news special "why blk women are unmarried"(besides the lackluster reporting)
eyes.gif

...can't find someone their equivalent? for yrs it was the other way around meaning men were marrying down...now more women are breadwinners why is there a issue with marrying someone with lower income than yourself...but thats another topic i guess.
eyes.gif

Men get to choose women based on looks, but women don't get to choose men based on status.  Gotcha.

Some women don't get to.....I think that's what he is trying to say.

Word to that unmarried black women special, those women are just asking for too much imo
laugh.gif
. The men those broads were looking for simply did not exist.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Where do you go to law school?  It will help me understand if you have a good shot at getting the type of guy you seem to want.

roll.gif

I concur! Since we're down for rating mating potential....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Uptown1090Slime

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I can respect a woman who finds success in a man attractive, but that should be an added bonus IMO.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Where do you go to law school?  It will help me understand if you have a good shot at getting the type of guy you seem to want.

roll.gif

I concur! Since we're down for rating mating potential....
laugh.gif

I never even said what kind of guy I'm looking for.  Anton LaVey said that stuff, and then everybody just ran with it.  I just mentioned a particular guy and listed his qualifications.  I do not have to have a tight body or wear Jimmy Choo shoes to attract that guy.  The first 3 times I saw him, I was wearing black pants, a t-shirt, non-slip Skechers, and my natural hair tied back with a scarf.  That didn't deter him from inviting me to spend time with him outside of work.

wth, is this back again? go get a blog or something OP and keep your mess of a personal life off of NT.

Originally Posted by dunks87

this thread makes my head hurt.
OP do you even know what your point is anymore?

The point for what the thread was orignally about or what it turned into?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 at this entire thread.
laugh.gif

[/font]
eyes.gif

eyes.gif

that's exactly right. Traits are what defines people [personality traits or physical traits], and dictate attraction. LOOKS consist of physical traits which directly have to do with who the person is, and therefore is a factor in attraction. STATUS is an indicator of income, therefore hinting at the amount of materialistic objects one can acquire by getting with that person. status isn't a TRAIT, and therefore has no grounds for causing attraction.....unless, that is, that you're in fact mining for GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD; in which case i suggest u cop one of these.
grin.gif

osfkmp.jpg

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

She want a 25 year old Italian guy with a big house, a nice car, owns his own business, doesn't drink, doesn't gamble, no tattoos, as straight laced as they come, probably has no personality or backbone........and whose favorite thing to do is arts and crafts.
laugh.gif

I never said that.  I said even though he has a tattoo, I was willing to work with him.  He has a personality.  I don't think he's "straight-laced" if he has a tattoo.  He's 26 now, anyway.  When I met him, he was 25.  I hardly ever do arts & crafts.  Plus, this guy invited me to his birthday party and invited me out.  I wouldn't have to resort to arts & crafts.

All I gotta say is you better be coming THROUGH if I'm getting the right idea about the kind of guy you want.

Your body better be on point and you better dress like an all star BEFORE you even get with him......I'm talking Jimmy Choos, all the expensive pocketbooks, pony tail with the ill big sunglasses.....the whole nine.

No offense, I have no idea what you look like or how you dress, but odds are if you post on NT, the type of guy you want will not be attracted to you.

Perfectly worded. You a preeeeetty decent attorney aren't you.
pimp.gif
roll.gif

dont know why Im
laugh.gif
but cosign, this chick is closed-minded

Originally Posted by dunks87

this thread makes my head hurt.
OP do you even know what your point is anymore?

The point for what the thread was orignally about or what it turned into?

either/ or.
I thought you were talking about a "Friend" but then later you started talking about some 25 year old guy who is your ideal equivalent.
I'm so lost.

Originally Posted by 4dWritePRiCE

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 at this entire thread.
laugh.gif

[/font]
eyes.gif

eyes.gif

that's exactly right. Traits are what defines people [personality traits or physical traits], and dictate attraction. LOOKS consist of physical traits which directly have to do with who the person is, and therefore is a factor in attraction. STATUS is an indicator of income, therefore hinting at the amount of materialistic objects one can acquire by getting with that person. status isn't a TRAIT, and therefore has no grounds for causing attraction.....unless, that is, that you're in fact mining for GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD; in which case i suggest u cop one of these.
grin.gif

osfkmp.jpg

No, a person who is successful has to have had the goals, drive, and ambition to reach that success.  I think those are some very nice traits to look for in a partner.

Back
Top Bottom