What wireless routers you guys using though?

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

fios_router_front.jpg

*shrug*

djuzi05, you are the man! It works!
eek.gif
Typing from my laptop connected to my secondary router just now...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Props to you, sir.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Never knew it was that easy. Instructions from DD-WRT forums had a lot of other stuff they wanted me to do to.
30t6p3b.gif

eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Props to you, sir.

Never knew it was that easy. Instructions from DD-WRT forums had a lot of other stuff they wanted me to do to.
30t6p3b.gif

Son im also using a linksys T Mobile @home router. Everything is good except the range. Which cheep routers have good range?

Son im also using a linksys T Mobile @home router. Everything is good except the range. Which cheep routers have good range?

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Props to you, sir.

30t6p3b.gif

Glad you got it working and figured out step 5 needed to be 192.168.1.254, I just saw that. This is the BEST way to increase your wireless range without sacrificing speed, forget repeaters, powerline, or aluminum foil
laugh.gif

eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Props to you, sir.

30t6p3b.gif

Glad you got it working and figured out step 5 needed to be 192.168.1.254, I just saw that. This is the BEST way to increase your wireless range without sacrificing speed, forget repeaters, powerline, or aluminum foil
laugh.gif

rather than replacing your router...why don't you buy a better wireless adapter instead?
if you're using this on a desktop, i suggest alfa awus036h. can pick one up on amazon for ~35 shipped
Guarantee you this is your best option. Check it out on amazon. some users post pics of how much stronger the signal is

rather than replacing your router...why don't you buy a better wireless adapter instead?
if you're using this on a desktop, i suggest alfa awus036h. can pick one up on amazon for ~35 shipped
Guarantee you this is your best option. Check it out on amazon. some users post pics of how much stronger the signal is

Kind of on the same topic..

What's good with those wireless cards from AT&T?

Need one for my laptop to use on the go.

Kind of on the same topic..

What's good with those wireless cards from AT&T?

Need one for my laptop to use on the go.

Originally Posted by djuzi05

eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Props to you, sir.

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah thanks for the advice. I'm going to try it with my WRT54GS this weekend.

Originally Posted by djuzi05

eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Props to you, sir.

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah thanks for the advice. I'm going to try it with my WRT54GS this weekend.

I've been using a rock solid WRT-54GS for about 7 years. Running Tomato customized firmware. I've been considering taking a plunge and setting up an airport extreme/time machine network in my house with the extreme in my room near the ps3 and the time machine located in a central part of the house.

I've been using a rock solid WRT-54GS for about 7 years. Running Tomato customized firmware. I've been considering taking a plunge and setting up an airport extreme/time machine network in my house with the extreme in my room near the ps3 and the time machine located in a central part of the house.

hey i need help with my (housemate's) wireless router.

it was already set up and everything, but it stopped working recently and i hard reset it.... now i can't connect to the network cause there's a password and i don't know it.

just some more facts so you gurus can help me out

model number - SMC8014W-G

the SSID was originally my friend's name "mohler" but after i hard reset it, it went changed to "SMC8014WG-TWC3A" and the password is now WPA-PSK, it used to be WPE

i've already spent a lot of time googling how to fix this and what i got was i didn't hard reset correctly since it should just let me log in without a password.
- i've also tried many "default passwords" that i found online for my router such as "admin" "smcadmin" the original password we had, and leaving it blank. none of them worked.

i can kind of see that, since after i hard reset it (which i've tried many many times in the last couple hours) another network will pop up named "TI" that doesn't require a password, but it never lets me connect.

i was an idiot for hard resetting it, i know. so help me out router gurus

hey i need help with my (housemate's) wireless router.

it was already set up and everything, but it stopped working recently and i hard reset it.... now i can't connect to the network cause there's a password and i don't know it.

just some more facts so you gurus can help me out

model number - SMC8014W-G

the SSID was originally my friend's name "mohler" but after i hard reset it, it went changed to "SMC8014WG-TWC3A" and the password is now WPA-PSK, it used to be WPE

i've already spent a lot of time googling how to fix this and what i got was i didn't hard reset correctly since it should just let me log in without a password.
- i've also tried many "default passwords" that i found online for my router such as "admin" "smcadmin" the original password we had, and leaving it blank. none of them worked.

i can kind of see that, since after i hard reset it (which i've tried many many times in the last couple hours) another network will pop up named "TI" that doesn't require a password, but it never lets me connect.

i was an idiot for hard resetting it, i know. so help me out router gurus

Back
Top Bottom