What "Top Gear" thinks of Mexicans...

These dudes aren't going to get fired either. SMH.

Some of you would be really surprised at how racist the rest of the world is.

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

They are one of the most watched shows around the world. They could pretty much say anything without getting fired. Look at finalgear.com and discussion about the new episode.  Earlier i didn't see any mention or complaint about that. 

EDIT: i found something.

Mexico's ambassador in London has complained to the BBC over "offensive, xenophobic and humiliating" comments made about his country on Top Gear.Eduardo Medina Mora has written to the BBC about "insults" made by Richard Hammond, Jeremy Clarkson and James May.

Discussing a Mexican sports car, Hammond said vehicles reflected national characteristics so "Mexican cars are just going to be lazy".

The BBC did not comment but said it would respond directly to Mr Mora.

Reviewing the Mastretta on Sunday's show, Hammond said: "Mexican cars are just going to be lazy, feckless, flatulent, overweight, leaning against a fence asleep looking at a cactus with a blanket with a hole in the middle on as a coat."

The presenters, known for their edgy jibes, then described Mexican food as "refried sick".

Clarkson said he was confident he would not receive any complaints about their comments because the Mexican ambassador would be asleep.

However, the ambassador did complain, and demanded an apology from the BBC.

"The presenters of the programme resorted to outrageous, vulgar and inexcusable insults to stir bigoted feelings against the Mexican people, their culture, as well as their official representative in the United Kingdom," he wrote.

"These offensive, xenophobic and humiliating remarks only serve to reinforce negative stereotypes and perpetuate prejudice against Mexico and its people."

It is not the first time the driving programme has caused controversy.

Hundreds of viewers complained in 2008 after Clarkson made a joke about lorry drivers murdering prostitutes.

Last week, the programme was named most popular factual show at the National TV Awards.

[font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]These guys really don't give a !*++. [/font]

[font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]http://forums.finalgear.com/top-gear/the-who-have-top-gear-insulted-this-week-thread-36862/page-19/ list of their earlier insults. [/font]

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

They are one of the most watched shows around the world. They could pretty much say anything without getting fired. Look at finalgear.com and discussion about the new episode.  Earlier i didn't see any mention or complaint about that. 

EDIT: i found something.

Mexico's ambassador in London has complained to the BBC over "offensive, xenophobic and humiliating" comments made about his country on Top Gear.Eduardo Medina Mora has written to the BBC about "insults" made by Richard Hammond, Jeremy Clarkson and James May.

Discussing a Mexican sports car, Hammond said vehicles reflected national characteristics so "Mexican cars are just going to be lazy".

The BBC did not comment but said it would respond directly to Mr Mora.

Reviewing the Mastretta on Sunday's show, Hammond said: "Mexican cars are just going to be lazy, feckless, flatulent, overweight, leaning against a fence asleep looking at a cactus with a blanket with a hole in the middle on as a coat."

The presenters, known for their edgy jibes, then described Mexican food as "refried sick".

Clarkson said he was confident he would not receive any complaints about their comments because the Mexican ambassador would be asleep.

However, the ambassador did complain, and demanded an apology from the BBC.

"The presenters of the programme resorted to outrageous, vulgar and inexcusable insults to stir bigoted feelings against the Mexican people, their culture, as well as their official representative in the United Kingdom," he wrote.

"These offensive, xenophobic and humiliating remarks only serve to reinforce negative stereotypes and perpetuate prejudice against Mexico and its people."

It is not the first time the driving programme has caused controversy.

Hundreds of viewers complained in 2008 after Clarkson made a joke about lorry drivers murdering prostitutes.

Last week, the programme was named most popular factual show at the National TV Awards.

[font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]These guys really don't give a !*++. [/font]

[font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]http://forums.finalgear.com/top-gear/the-who-have-top-gear-insulted-this-week-thread-36862/page-19/ list of their earlier insults. [/font]

Damn... i thought black people got ragged on the hardest... son went completely out of his way to degrade an entire race... :wow

White people hate everyone?
nerd.gif

Damn... i thought black people got ragged on the hardest... son went completely out of his way to degrade an entire race... :wow

White people hate everyone?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by jehims

i thought the stereotype for mexicans was 'hardworking'
only in da US.....

da rest of da people know mexicans as speedy Gonzales brother...slow poke Rodriguez 

Slowpoke_Rodriguez.jpg

only in da US.....

da rest of da people know mexicans as speedy Gonzales brother...slow poke Rodriguez 

Slowpoke_Rodriguez.jpg

all da fake outrage aside....i appreciate blunt and blatant politically negligent humor...

i remember da days when you can basically laugh about anything without people battin a eye...

all da fake outrage aside....i appreciate blunt and blatant politically negligent humor...

i remember da days when you can basically laugh about anything without people battin a eye...

Really though this is just a publicity stunt. They always do these things. I'm sure they will apologize and then next week insult some other people.

Really though this is just a publicity stunt. They always do these things. I'm sure they will apologize and then next week insult some other people.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

only in da US.....

Slowpoke_Rodriguez.jpg

in the US we're seeing as job thieves by many.

i bet half of yall have never even watched top gear, they go in on everyone, even their own people, dont take it seriously, its just humor now shut up and enjoy your evening and delete this unnecessary thread

i bet half of yall have never even watched top gear, they go in on everyone, even their own people, dont take it seriously, its just humor now shut up and enjoy your evening and delete this unnecessary thread

Originally Posted by ninjahood

only in da US.....

Slowpoke_Rodriguez.jpg

in the US we're seeing as job thieves by many.

Back
Top Bottom