What "Top Gear" thinks of Mexicans...

LOL. Yahoo! comments is crazy. The one time I thought they would put the trolling aside and denounce this behavior, but they just ran with it. Ugly comments are expected but when they receive 200+ thumbs up? That is terrible.

LOL. Yahoo! comments is crazy. The one time I thought they would put the trolling aside and denounce this behavior, but they just ran with it. Ugly comments are expected but when they receive 200+ thumbs up? That is terrible.

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

......im confused? ftr, i have NO IDEA what this show is or where its aired. but.....even if they were trying to use stereotypes to be funny, since when did mexicans become known as lazy??

- ive always thought the common stereotypes for mexicans were them getting their grind on by any mean necessary. i must be missing something.

You're trying to rationalize an inaccurate stereotype?

......im confused? ftr, i have NO IDEA what this show is or where its aired. but.....even if they were trying to use stereotypes to be funny, since when did mexicans become known as lazy??

- ive always thought the common stereotypes for mexicans were them getting their grind on by any mean necessary. i must be missing something.

Originally Posted by Budweiser

- im trying to understand where they got that inaccurate stereotype to begin with. like, what country is this in? for all 3 of the hosts to harp on the same inaccurate stereotype and the crowd laughing? is that here? if so, i must have missed the memo on mexicans being known as lazy.........

- im trying to understand where they got that inaccurate stereotype to begin with. like, what country is this in? for all 3 of the hosts to harp on the same inaccurate stereotype and the crowd laughing? is that here? if so, i must have missed the memo on mexicans being known as lazy.........

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

doesn't surprise me.  the comment section of websites can be a free for all for racist comments. just look at youtube.  people who want don't want nt to be censored should remember that.

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

doesn't surprise me.  the comment section of websites can be a free for all for racist comments. just look at youtube.  people who want don't want nt to be censored should remember that.

Ive heard that cars produced in mexico for companies such as nissan, vw (I think, or brazil) etc arent as good as the original ones made back home

but that was completly uncalled for
30t6p3b.gif

Ive heard that cars produced in mexico for companies such as nissan, vw (I think, or brazil) etc arent as good as the original ones made back home

but that was completly uncalled for
30t6p3b.gif

It's an English program.

Have you ever seen a Speedy Gonzalez cartoon? Lazy/drunk Mexican stereotypes abound. That was produced in the late 50s.

It's an English program.

Have you ever seen a Speedy Gonzalez cartoon? Lazy/drunk Mexican stereotypes abound. That was produced in the late 50s.

Unacceptable and unnecessary from these three who's wit and sense of humor I usually enjoy as a fan of their show.

The larger issue is that this type of humor is far too common in England and the greater part of Western Europe. The scary part is that it's morphed into a misunderstood sense of nationalism for many. For those who think racism is predominant in the US, they should spend sometime in those countries where it's borderline accepted.

Unacceptable and unnecessary from these three who's wit and sense of humor I usually enjoy as a fan of their show.

The larger issue is that this type of humor is far too common in England and the greater part of Western Europe. The scary part is that it's morphed into a misunderstood sense of nationalism for many. For those who think racism is predominant in the US, they should spend sometime in those countries where it's borderline accepted.

Back
Top Bottom