!!!! What the hell did Kanye West just do!!!?

realistically, i could give a damn about taylor swift or kanye west for that matter. it's the vma's, had it not been for this stunt i wouldn't haveeven bothered. MTV won.

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

as tacky as this was, this Taylor Swift chick should thank Ye...i wouldn't even know who she is because of this...they said she's about to release a record...that ##$!# about to fly off the shelves

Little do you hip hop heads know is that Swift sold the most records in 08 and had mutiple top selling records. She is a star in her own right. Sure, I dobelieve that Beyonce or Gaga should have won, but Kanye could have gone about it better. Grown folks don't know how to act. He may have blacklisted himselffrom the industry. I think this was the final straw. I love his creative genius, but at the same time, you don't take anyone's shine when they gettheir chance. It's all about mutal respect and last night he did not have any. Not sure if you people know this, but a large part of Kanye'sdemographic are fans of Taylor Swift(take a guess what I mean) so he just pissed off his own fans..... Work on that stuff Kanye. That speaking your mind stuffis fine, but their is a limit to everything and you went over the limit and it turned disrespectful.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

dids arguing whether amber rose likes kanye or not is wild suspect....

-
eyes.gif

glasses.gif

Who cares? This is nothing new coming from Ye. Man likes to speak his mind and I for one APPLAUD him for doing his thing and making the VMAs more exciting.

I didn't know who Taylor Swift was before this incident. So her new found fame and increase in record sales are definitely attributed to Kanye! Girl needsto thank him for putting her in the national spotlight.

Originally Posted by Ricasho

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

as tacky as this was, this Taylor Swift chick should thank Ye...i wouldn't even know who she is because of this...they said she's about to release a record...that ##$!# about to fly off the shelves

Little do you hip hop heads know is that Swift sold the most records in 08 and had mutiple top selling records. She is a star in her own right. Sure, I do believe that Beyonce or Gaga should have won, but Kanye could have gone about it better. Grown folks don't know how to act. He may have blacklisted himself from the industry. I think this was the final straw. I love his creative genius, but at the same time, you don't take anyone's shine when they get their chance. It's all about mutal respect and last night he did not have any. Not sure if you people know this, but a large part of Kanye's demographic are fans of Taylor Swift(take a guess what I mean) so he just pissed off his own fans..... Work on that stuff Kanye. That speaking your mind stuff is fine, but their is a limit to everything and you went over the limit and it turned disrespectful.

word. only these young cats "respect" Kanye for "keeping it real", but that was straight disrespect. If someone would've did that tohim, he would've cried like a little baby

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Who cares? This is nothing new coming from Ye. Man likes to speak his mind and I for one APPLAUD him for doing his thing and making the VMAs more exciting.

I didn't know who Taylor Swift was before this incident. So her new found fame and increase in record sales are definitely attributed to Kanye! Girl needs to thank him for putting her in the national spotlight.

I'm not a country fan, but your making yourself sound kinda ignorant on the subject. As someone else pointed out, Taylor Swift is already a HUGE star. Ihave to listen to top 40 stations at work all day, Taylor Swift has been in heavy heavy rotation for a long time now. Her fame is far from"newfound," and as for her record sales, peep the charts, she was the biggest selling artist of 2008 in the US. All Kanye did was make an +$% ofhimself. Whether you're a fan of the artist or not, there is no way you should be applauding blatant disrespect like that....it was a class-less move,plain and simple.

Originally Posted by J Burner

so some of you actually think MTV purposefully ruined Taylor Swifts moment? You're telling me that you believe Taylor Swift agreed to have Kanye West interrupt her in the middle of her acceptance speech for her first ever VMA, and then continue to disrespect her by telling the audience she shouldn't have won? And this sounds logical to you? There is a difference between Sasha Baron Cohen and Eminem planning a stunt during Cohen's introduction, and Kanye West robbing Taylor Swift of her moment after receiving an award. Eminem and SBC didn't run on stage and do a suspended mid air 69 during anyone's acceptance speech...Anybody thinking this was staged needs to wash their mouth out immediately, I can smell Kanye's nut sweat on your breath.
You gay, doggie.

so some of you actually think MTV purposefully ruined Taylor Swifts moment? You're telling me that you believe Taylor Swift agreed to have Kanye West interrupt her in the middle of her acceptance speech for her first ever VMA, and then continue to disrespect her by telling the audience she shouldn't have won? And this sounds logical to you? There is a difference between Sasha Baron Cohen and Eminem planning a stunt during Cohen's introduction, and Kanye West robbing Taylor Swift of her moment after receiving an award. Eminem and SBC didn't run on stage and do a suspended mid air 69 during anyone's acceptance speech...Anybody thinking this was staged needs to wash their mouth out immediately, I can smell Kanye's nut sweat on your breath.
this guy is on point.

I generally try and avoid bashing anyone, especially online, but Kanye is a POS. Who in their right mind runs up on stage a ruins a 17 year old girls moment inthe spotlight? This guy up there talking bout how Beyonce had the best video? Yeah right! Seriously? ..Seriously? Dude needs to respect the fact that there isother music out there besides hip hop and r&b. And how the hell you going to believe this !+! was planned? Something needs to happen to bring this idiotsego down to size.

Originally Posted by FrankDolla

You gay, doggie.

Gotta love NT logic, lol. I'm gay because your breath smells like sweaty ballsack. Got it....
grin.gif

You gay, doggie.

Gotta love NT logic, lol. I'm gay because your breath smells like sweaty ballsack. Got it....
grin.gif
For thinking of something gay like that: You are gay
For knowing what nut breath smells like: You are gay
For being close enough to him to know his breath smells like nuts:You are gay

Originally Posted by KingRamey

You gay, doggie.

grin.gif
For being close enough to hime to know his breath smells like nuts:You are gay
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

These ISS transplants are a bunch of fools
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KingRamey

You gay, doggie.

grin.gif
For being close enough to him to know his breath smells like nuts:You are gay

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You gay, doggie.

grin.gif

Well, you would have to know what his nut sweat smelled like...pause and all that. It's just a sus things to say

Originally Posted by Baybully650

this guy is on point.

I generally try and avoid bashing anyone, especially online, but Kanye is a POS. Who in their right mind runs up on stage a ruins a 17 year old girls moment in the spotlight? This guy up there talking bout how Beyonce had the best video? Yeah right! Seriously? ..Seriously? Dude needs to respect the fact that there is other music out there besides hip hop and r&b. And how the hell you going to believe this !+! was planned? Something needs to happen to bring this idiots ego down to size.
she's 19....not that it really matters but yeah lol
and dude had an ego before he signed with Rocafella the money just made it worse and I don't see it getting any better anytime soon. The Southpark episodeonly made it worse
roll.gif

It's one thing to voice your opinion, but let's be real, that wasn't the time or place.

Kanye woulda threw a *@#$+ fit if somebody interrupted his acceptance speech and proclaimed another video was better.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by Baybully650

this guy is on point.

I generally try and avoid bashing anyone, especially online, but Kanye is a POS. Who in their right mind runs up on stage a ruins a 17 year old girls moment in the spotlight? This guy up there talking bout how Beyonce had the best video? Yeah right! Seriously? ..Seriously? Dude needs to respect the fact that there is other music out there besides hip hop and r&b. And how the hell you going to believe this !+! was planned? Something needs to happen to bring this idiots ego down to size.
she's 19....not that it really matters but yeah lol
and dude had an ego before he signed with Rocafella the money just made it worse and I don't see it getting any better anytime soon. The Southpark episode only made it worse
roll.gif

your right, shes 19.

That South Park episode had me rollin
roll.gif
roll.gif

[color= rgb(0, 0, 255)]Okay, bear with me as I vent about this because there is some shady behind this. Firsts thing first,Kanye was wrong 100% for stealing her moment. I really think it's going to take some time for media to get over this. After all, Taylor Swift definitelyhas a "princess/cinderella" aura about her. She's arguably one of the biggest stars in America today in arguably the most popular music genretoday (country). The media obviously loves her as there were no problems with her showing up in a majestic horse-drawn carriage. But, if Kanye did somethingsimilar like him and Amber as Sleeping Beauty and Prince Charming[/color]
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(0, 0, 255)], everyone would havehad a fit saying how big headed he is. However my main focus of confusion is MTV. I do believe an aspect of this was staged with Taylor Swift having no ideaabout it. Something like this is not out of MTV's behavior as they always promote "expect craziness to happen" at theire award shows. It's soridicuolous at how they almost take pride in some of the stuff that happens at their shows. You don't see the Grammys bragging about 'Soy Bomb' orhow ODB wanted everybody to see how much he spent on his suit. But MTV glorifies that stuff. Think back at everything that's happened at any of theiraward shows: Em and Bruno (staged), RATM, Courtney Love, and plenty more. They're also not above embarassing people too. Don't forget how they clownedMJ into thinking he was getting an award to then clown him throughout the rest of the show and the next year. Then we he passed, they put that moment up ontheir as him accepting the 'artit of the millennium' award. Don't forget about that Britney performance either. They knew damn well she wasn'tready to perform but they let her look foolish out there[/color]
smh.gif
[color= rgb(0, 0, 255)]. Then the nex year probablyout of feeling guilt, she finally won at the vma's. MTV knows that all that wacky %$$# brings in publicity, which brings in ratings, which of course bringsin money. This brings me back to last night. If some of this wasn't staged, why were MTV producers just letting Kanye walk around with a bottle ofHennessy. They know what he's like drunk (2005 Euro MTV VMAs), so why didn't they just take the bottle or not let him into radio city. The producersmust of known something was going to happen if kanye was drunk so they let him be. (On another note, where's the security at these shows[/color]
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(0, 0, 255)]) But back to the reason I think it was staged, after the show Taylor did an interview with MTV in which she saidabout Beyonce bringing her up on stage :[/color] "You know, they told me to be ready just in case she might want to saysomething,". [color= rgb(0, 0, 255)]How the hell did they know Beyonce was going to bring her from backstage?How thehell did Beyonce even know she was going to win? I believe that the producers told B beforehand that she was going to win, and to invite Taylor on stage. Thisway, Taylor gains more love from the crowd and more fans ($$$). Maybe this was UMG trying to get more publicity for both Kanye and Taylor to make Taylor lookeven more like a princess and Kanye look more like a douche (which still brings in money in the long run). In the end, the loser is still Kanye.[/color]

I know this probably comes off as a bit of rambling and d-riding(pause), but I just think there wassomething real odd about what happened last night

Back
Top Bottom