What makes Madison Square Garden so special?

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Originally Posted by holdupstop23

The crowd.

is that a joke? or are you talking about the same crowd who cheered for another player lighting their team's %%% up?
So what? I don't believe the "NYC is the mecca of basketball" thing, but i do believe in the "NYC is the toughest and the mostenjoyable place to play for." There is NOTHING like a New York atmosphere. Crowds every night, following every move, booing or cheering you, telling youif you need to step up your game. The crowd is what makes New York sports what it is. If you win here, there is nothing better.

As for the Kobe love, New York also has the biggest amount of bandwagoners in any state.

Absolutely nothing.

No real tradition of winning, or history really.

Somewhere along the line some group decided that just because it was the main arena in new york, that it was the 'mecca of basketball'.

There is absolutely nothing to support such a preposterous claim.

roll.gif

Are you like 15? One of the most historic games in the league happened at MSG.

Honestly, going to MSG the first time was unbelievable. To think all the great games Money had there, Bernard King, LJ's 4 point play, ect.

If you havent been there you dont know.

it's because it's in NYC so it gets hyped up more than any other stadium...... and it;s also one of a few stadiums that aren't called"[insert_coporate_name_here] center", its been around

laugh.gif
Word. NY does have a lot of bandwagon fans. A lot of the became Celtics fans last season, and Heat fans 3 years ago.
eyes.gif

1. last 'old school' arena left as in every legend you can name (or maybe not because the way people are talking here it sounds as if they are 15 years old) played there before
  2. the fans for sure--almost 90% of NYC appreciates and knows basketball and is a genuine fan of basketball as a whole (as in the case of appreciating kobe, even though i dont agree that they should have cheered for him)
  3. NYC=basketball literally, you can go to any playground, any gym, and get some of the best pick up games in the world...or at least a good run
NYC is just legendary all over

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Cant believe i have yet to post this... but yeah imma end the discussion.

yeah to answer yalls questions got to the 5:56 mark in this vid.

eek.gif
pimp.gif
I have NEVER seen any stadium EVER get up like MSG did that moment. Like a #%%$!@+ bomb exploded. When the Knicks are good there are no better fans in the world, and they still stay loyal for the most part like we have this #%%$!@+ decade.
frown.gif
frown.gif

I miss those days...hopefully we can return to those legendary days.

Originally Posted by copped

Cant believe i have yet to post this... but yeah imma end the discussion.

yeah to answer yalls questions got to the 5:56 mark in this vid.

eek.gif
pimp.gif
I have NEVER seen any stadium EVER get up like MSG did that moment. Like a #%%$!@+ bomb exploded. When the Knicks are good there are no better fans in the world, and they still stay loyal for the most part like we have this #%%$!@+ decade.
frown.gif
frown.gif

I miss those days...hopefully we can return to those legendary days.
I got goosebumps watching MSG explode like that

pimp.gif

Yeah, Madison Square Garden doesn't mean much at all. It's not that important. Except that every single one of you know what MSG is, and I have no ideawhat the arena most of your favorite teams play in is called.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Also, the lakers bit that "lights out" theme from MSG
grin.gif

guess you never saw a game at the forum huh?
Naw I was born and raised in L.A. not Inglewood
grin.gif
i dont even know what this means but you pretty much have no idea what you are talking about anyway
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Absolutely nothing.

No real tradition of winning, or history really.

Somewhere along the line some group decided that just because it was the main arena in new york, that it was the 'mecca of basketball'.

There is absolutely nothing to support such a preposterous claim.
Hi hater.

I hate these !%@!%+@ why is NY so special posts.

NYC= basketball

yall can admit it or not, but its the truth. its not about the Knicks its about the tradition. Everybody in NYC knows ball, and loves ball. That is why its the Mecca of basketball. Its about all the history.

If NYC isnt the Mecca of bball where else is? I dont want to hear Boston or some *+@* cause Celtics > Knicks,. its not about the team, its about the city and when it comes to basketball boston fans got nothing on the passion of NYC fans.

MSG is in the center of NYC and is the biggest basketball stage in the worl and the worlds most famous arena.

There really is no other reason why. its everything that has happened in MSG. It is basketballs biggest stage.

Its a place like no other quite honestly, if you can only look at the teams and say well Knicks arent the best basketball team than you are just closeminded.

i really dont know wat else to say, but these threads and all these haters are !%@!%+@ stupid.

Well said.
pimp.gif

for those who haven't seen the "50 greatest moments at MSG" series, please look it up on youtube and then try and give me a list of 20, nevermind 50, moments that occurred at "your favorite arena" and lets see if there is even a comparison.

and its not just about the knicks, its all the sports history that taken place there like college basketball, boxing, track and field among others.

every great musician of the past 50 years have played at the garden, its hosted political conventions as well as the pope. the garden transcends sports.

the garden is iconic. get over it.

Why the hell is this even a debate?! EVERYONE in any performance field would LOVE to have the Garden as a stage. It is just legendary...POINT BLANK

All the people with Knicks avys are getting heattttteeeddd.

Chilllll. It's just a question.

Also so most other historic stuff has happened there too
Um.............. what??

The place is amazing. I get the feeling everytime I walk through those gates (20 plus times). When I took my wife to her first game there (she is from Poland)she said "I still cant believe I am going to Madison Square Garden." This is from someone who has only lived in the US for a few years. She knew thehistory that she was going to be apart of as soon as she entered the mecca.

Besides Basketball, the garden hosted Wrestlemania I, X, and XX, as well as many other big WWE pay per views. A who's who of musical artists have performedthere, and the POPE even said a mass there.

Originally Posted by Durden7

All the people with Knicks avys are getting heattttteeeddd.

Chilllll. It's just a question.

Also so most other historic stuff has happened there too
Um.............. what??
um just looking at this last page i saw 1 person with a Knicks avy
smh.gif

MSG is just that place and any person from NY or not from NY can appreciate it if they got a sense of history.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom