What makes Madison Square Garden so special?

not saying it's not, but tell me why it is.

why is Kobe scoring 61 at MSG > Kobe scoring 61?

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Yeah, what gives?

MSG does not remind me of prestige, prominence, or tradition....
But that's just me.

It's the last "special" arena left in the league.

The forum in LA is gone, the Boston Garden, etc.

Plus it's the mecca of basketball.
Biggest stage in the biggest city in the world.

Originally Posted by holdupstop23

The crowd.

is that a joke? or are you talking about the same crowd who cheered for another player lighting their team's %%% up?

Absolutely nothing.

No real tradition of winning, or history really.

Somewhere along the line some group decided that just because it was the main arena in new york, that it was the 'mecca of basketball'.

There is absolutely nothing to support such a preposterous claim.

It's the mecca of hoops. It's also in the Big Apple. Big things happen in the Big Apple.

7kv0fk8h.jpg

laugh.gif

Maybe it's because I am from New York, but I always get a
pimp.gif
feelingwhen I step into the Garden.

I used to go to countless WWE (well, then WWF) matches at the Garden. The best things always happened at MSG.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Absolutely nothing.

Somewhere along the line some group decided that just because it was the main arena in new york, that it was the 'mecca of basketball'.

Hi hater.

I hate these !%@!%+@ why is NY so special posts.

NYC= basketball

yall can admit it or not, but its the truth. its not about the Knicks its about the tradition. Everybody in NYC knows ball, and loves ball. That is why its theMecca of basketball. Its about all the history.

If NYC isnt the Mecca of bball where else is? I dont want to hear Boston or some *+@* cause Celtics > Knicks,. its not about the team, its about the cityand when it comes to basketball boston fans got nothing on the passion of NYC fans.

MSG is in the center of NYC and is the biggest basketball stage in the worl and the worlds most famous arena.

There really is no other reason why. its everything that has happened in MSG. It is basketballs biggest stage.

Its a place like no other quite honestly, if you can only look at the teams and say well Knicks arent the best basketball team than you are just closeminded.

i really dont know wat else to say, but these threads and all these haters are !%@!%+@ stupid.

Originally Posted by holdupstop23

The crowd.

and if it were solely about the crowd then the mecca of basketball lies in Durham, North Carolina.

man please....**** with that dumb %%@ logic. 90% of people in that building are strictly north carolina students screaming their guts out for their school.People go to msg for the show. All of the first timers, tourists, fans of other teams. It's dumb to think that the people that attend knick games are theregame after game.

here we go...
eyes.gif

i do not understand the hate for nyc some people have in their blood
grin.gif

and i predicted this question would be asked by someone eventually too in another thread where the question was asked..."should lebron and kobe games betelevised when they play at msg"

nyc is the capital of basketball. its a shame that the star players know this and so many fans don't
tired.gif

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Absolutely nothing.

Hi hater.

NYC= basketball

yall can admit it or not, but its the truth. its not about the Knicks its about the tradition. Everybody in NYC knows ball, and loves ball. That is why its the Mecca of basketball. Its about all the history.

If NYC isnt the Mecca of bball where else is? I dont want to hear Boston or some *+@* cause Celtics > Knicks,. its not about the team, its about the city and when it comes to basketball boston fans got nothing on the passion of NYC fans.

MSG is in the center of NYC and is the biggest basketball stage in the worl and the worlds most famous arena.

There really is no other reason why. its everything that has happened in MSG. It is basketballs biggest stage.

Its a place like no other quite honestly, if you can only look at the teams and say well Knicks arent the best basketball team than you are just closeminded.

i really dont know wat else to say, but these threads and all these haters are !%@!%+@ stupid.
not to mention, the greatest player that ever lived is from NY

Originally Posted by NICEFITDOMINICAN

NY is known as the Capital of the World & MSG is the Last of the Old School Buildings...
pimp.gif

Also so most other historic stuff has happened there too

its a HUGE market

hypothetically, if the knicks were to play the lakers in the finals, ratings would skyrocket

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

its not.

it was a big deal when MJ did it, because the Knicks were actually a competitive team.

but at the end of the day, the Knicks suck. therefore the whole "MSG mystique" means nothing in the present.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Absolutely nothing.

Hi hater.

NYC= basketball

yall can admit it or not, but its the truth. its not about the Knicks its about the tradition. Everybody in NYC knows ball, and loves ball. That is why its the Mecca of basketball. Its about all the history.

If NYC isnt the Mecca of bball where else is? I dont want to hear Boston or some *+@* cause Celtics > Knicks,. its not about the team, its about the city and when it comes to basketball boston fans got nothing on the passion of NYC fans.

not to mention, the greatest player that ever lived is from NY
Yup add Kareem to that list also.

It's just a basketball city Rucker Park everything, everything thats gone down at the Garden.

Its just an incredible place and NYC has the most passionate fans. Say what you want about people chanting for Kobe but that was really just cause mad Lakersfans were at the game cause of their fan base.

Say what you want but NYers follow the Knicks fr the most part NO MATTER WHAT. I mean if ANY other team had to go through the *%$! the Knicks have this decadethey would have relocated or some *%$!.

But in NY we still here with a large fan base. And we aint goin anyhwere either. NY STAND UP
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

EDIT:
but at the end of the day, the Knicks suck. therefore the whole "MSG mystique" means nothing in the present.
roll.gif
roll.gif
thats the $%!@ im talking about. Sooo ignorant. What you trying to say? SanAntonio is basketballs city?

Fans and the people of NY cant control how there team performs, but they still support them, and there is SOOOO may other $%!@ besides the Knicks that have oneon at MSG. Its all the history, Knicks are barely part of the discussion... so yeah.

089150e4a3cb1858a229b4df1457b703a4fb528.gif

Back
Top Bottom