What made you start collecting

i went to a junior high school that's complete student body focus was on basketball.
i was the short white kid who couldn't play worth %+@!, so I just made sure I had the latest bball kicks. Iverson V, TMac I and II, foams....I just alwaysdigged sneakers, and after my eyes were bestowed upon the diamond SB I was HOOKED. [typical hypebeast]
I quickly got into and out of the HYPE mindset and starting really appreciating attention to detail, history and info on sneakers. These days I'm hooked onDCs, Terminators, Superstars

i always wanted AJ's as a little kid playing ball...but parents could never afford it...so now that i have my own money to spend, i decided to buyAJ's...plus last year was the year of the CDP's and i thought what a great way to get a pair of AJ I-XX2 and then i bought the AJ XX3's so now ihave a complete set of AJ I-XX3

Originally Posted by joshhassolex

i always liked being fresh
i wanted to stand out and switch up styles

^^ Same for me.

I think the first shoes that got me hooked were the Lebron II's when this kid on my team had them..he always thought I was crazy cause I looked at everylittle detail on them
laugh.gif

Then I found [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]NIKETALK[/color] and it was on from there.

Although, I don't classify myself as a person who Just Collects Shoes.
I wear all of mine, and I buy what I like..

Since the early 80's I loved sneakers, agassi's, bo's, Jordans, reeboks, BK's, the shoe that solidified that obsession for me was my 89 techchallenge II 3/4's in white, orange blue colorway, following year i had some reebok pump twilight zones, then in 93-94 I started wearing Vans, chucks, andPuma suedes, and after that wen't back to Nike's. In 1997 I started my first real job, and started generating enough cash to buy more things i wanted,me and my boys always reminisced about the older shoes, and from there on out began hunting for them. Not sure if anyone here lives on longisland, but I got mystart at busybee mall, that place was vintage heaven, Jordans, fila cages, reebok pumps, old crosstrainers, everything. From there on out, I stocked up on whatI could afford at the time. I started heading out to queens and brooklyn in search for some more stuff, and found a lot of my jordans there (this was around1999). Then the 4's dropped and the V's were slated to release after that, they brought back the scream green huarache's (which were at the outletsfor 20 dollars) and am 90's and i became a bonified addict.

What SlowZEbra said.. I always bought what I liked, adding new things to the rotation. I had OG red/black & red/white XII's in elementary school.Middle school I had every OG XIII (navy / carolina lows are my #1 grail) thanks to my cousin, he put me on game. I got my first job, bought the Olive AF1 MidStash Recons and a few dozens pairs later I found niketalk, peace!

Bought my first pair of Nike's (6.0's btw
grin.gif
)
then I found Niketalk and I never looked back.

I first started to collect Jordan jerseys ... after I finished, I started to collect the shoes. Received my last pick up today: CDP 11/12 - that's it forme!!!!

Sports. I'm showing my age, but all the "cool kids with parents that had money had magic/larry bird "MADE IN USA" converse weapons or thenike ICEMAN Blazers. All I could do was WALK about 8 miles to the mall and adore them from the Athlete Foot's wall. 75 bucks was waaay to much. I endedwith a pair of wannabe yellowed canvas chuck taylors or adidas running shoes to play basketball in. I look back and it humbles me when I'm watching a pairof Lebron PE's for some outrageous bullcrap prices.

I use to be into kicks but nuttin too heavy...then I linked up wit Gizmo when we went OT...
tired.gif
.....the rest is as they say history...came across NT through himand use to lurk and post thru that name towards the end of 02...

i used to love shoes in my early youth. then i fell outta the loop. then one Christmas my now ex girlfriend got me a pair of playoff 8's. it sparked thedrive up again and Ive been coppin nonstop since.....

back in the day (80's), it wasn't about being a "collector." instead, i would wear every shoe i bought because i could only afford that pair.

as i got older and could afford more than 1 pair at a time, i guess i became a collector by default.

i always wore sneakers, but they were usually whatever i could find on the clearance rack
laugh.gif
i bought a pair of airmax light's a year ago and just gotright into the whole nike thing from there.

my pops used to cop me all the fresh jays as a kid (wht infared 6's hare 7's wht cmnt 3's ect) all the way untill i could buy for my self..aboutthe time when the 15's dropped in 99...and that was it for me.

I am crazy for Jordan 1s.. but its the 3s that made me really appreciate sneakers and from there I just could not get enough of all the different styles andbrands and colors. And all the stories and history behind each shoe.

i started to realize how artistic shoes were when i was in my senior yr in HS...a friend of mine took me to a mom n pop shop and i seen how creative and intodetail shoes are especially nike and then another friend of mine put me on niketalk bout a yr ago and i realize how big the sneaker community is and i culdntbe more happy to be apart of all this

Back
Top Bottom