What is there to live for in life?

I'm only 16 but I've been kind of down lately and wondering what's there to live for in life... it's like every day it's the same business and I'm just another average person stuck in the endless rat race... I have my goals but it's like they're all so far away I kind of feel like I'm losing sight of them.

I want to go to a great college but I'm just one kid whose grades I feel are very good (around 3.75 gpa + ap/honors classes) in the huge amount of everyone trying to make it. I'm training to play D3 basketball but everyone's told me I'd never make it. I grind for minimum wage to try and one day buy a car and cover the gas and insurance while the kids around me have Audis and Mercedes from their parents.

It's like my whole life is a preparation for what happens once I go to college... I don't have anything going for me right now, I'm just out of motivation right now. I'm normally a positive dude but I don't know what's in store for me...

30t6p3b.gif

I'm only 16 but I've been kind of down lately and wondering what's there to live for in life... it's like every day it's the same business and I'm just another average person stuck in the endless rat race... I have my goals but it's like they're all so far away I kind of feel like I'm losing sight of them.

I want to go to a great college but I'm just one kid whose grades I feel are very good (around 3.75 gpa + ap/honors classes) in the huge amount of everyone trying to make it. I'm training to play D3 basketball but everyone's told me I'd never make it. I grind for minimum wage to try and one day buy a car and cover the gas and insurance while the kids around me have Audis and Mercedes from their parents.

It's like my whole life is a preparation for what happens once I go to college... I don't have anything going for me right now, I'm just out of motivation right now. I'm normally a positive dude but I don't know what's in store for me...

30t6p3b.gif

Suck it up and stop feeling sorry for yourself and envying what others have. So what their parents gave them an Audi or a Benz, that just means when they get older they wont appreciate the finer things and will always look for their parents to give them a hand out. You on the other hand work and grind hard and will make everything you gain much more special to you. Focus on you and your goals. 

Suck it up and stop feeling sorry for yourself and envying what others have. So what their parents gave them an Audi or a Benz, that just means when they get older they wont appreciate the finer things and will always look for their parents to give them a hand out. You on the other hand work and grind hard and will make everything you gain much more special to you. Focus on you and your goals. 

Just enjoy life now, you have a long way to go, and your view on things are going to change many, many times in the next 5-10 years.

Just enjoy life now, you have a long way to go, and your view on things are going to change many, many times in the next 5-10 years.

some general words of advice because i dont know the specifics of what you are going through. just remember u arent alone when it comes to losing sight of whats next or having doubts of how you will get through today. try to surround yourself with positive people and shake those people who dont believe in striving for more or simply cant stay positive. If you cant find positive people right now, recognize its alright to roll solo for a while too. youre 16 and this is about the time when u will seek answers to big questions about the future. just remember, along with your long term goals, set short term ones to to assure yourself that progress is being made for yourself.

stay up young bruh

some general words of advice because i dont know the specifics of what you are going through. just remember u arent alone when it comes to losing sight of whats next or having doubts of how you will get through today. try to surround yourself with positive people and shake those people who dont believe in striving for more or simply cant stay positive. If you cant find positive people right now, recognize its alright to roll solo for a while too. youre 16 and this is about the time when u will seek answers to big questions about the future. just remember, along with your long term goals, set short term ones to to assure yourself that progress is being made for yourself.

stay up young bruh

Just keep livin man, 16 years is not very long compared to how long you probably will live, and High School is so insignifant. Just enjoy youth while you can

Just keep livin man, 16 years is not very long compared to how long you probably will live, and High School is so insignifant. Just enjoy youth while you can

you're 16 years old and it's normal to think that way. (It's actually normal for anybody in any age group to think that way)

But, the key to living your life is being happy. What makes you happy is something that you would know deep down inside.
However, I'm not talking about material things. It's much deeper than that.

It's a good age to do some soul searching.
set some goals for yourself. Write it on a piece of a paper if you feel it's necessary.

you're 16 years old and it's normal to think that way. (It's actually normal for anybody in any age group to think that way)

But, the key to living your life is being happy. What makes you happy is something that you would know deep down inside.
However, I'm not talking about material things. It's much deeper than that.

It's a good age to do some soul searching.
set some goals for yourself. Write it on a piece of a paper if you feel it's necessary.

I used to be the same way my man.
I know that feeling. Just work hard to complete you're goals!
GRIND up on that car you want.

I used to be the same way my man.
I know that feeling. Just work hard to complete you're goals!
GRIND up on that car you want.

Originally Posted by Kramer

this

Originally Posted by Kramer

this

Wow...

...I had an absolutely #@#%@+ day yesterday and found myself drinkin' Heineken and asking the same question.

By the time I got to the bottom of my beer, I figured out the answer...

...''tomorrow''.

Like my mamma says, ''the deeper the valley, the higher the peak''...

...stay up lil homie.

*turns up DMX's ''The Convo''*

Back
Top Bottom