What is a GOOD monthly amount for Medical/Dental/Vision coverage?

Im wondering if i should look into getting Health Insurance myself or go through my new job for it.
Its about $180 a month for the family (Me, My wife and 3 kids) for the best option they have available. (without me going into specifics)

Is this about normal pricing for Health Insurance? or could it possibly be cheaper going through a company myself.

(I dont want to look online and get a quote because they will only CALL you about it, they wont just give you the info online)

Im wondering if i should look into getting Health Insurance myself or go through my new job for it.
Its about $180 a month for the family (Me, My wife and 3 kids) for the best option they have available. (without me going into specifics)

Is this about normal pricing for Health Insurance? or could it possibly be cheaper going through a company myself.

(I dont want to look online and get a quote because they will only CALL you about it, they wont just give you the info online)

--Its usually better through your job.
--My full coverage from work takes about $38 a paycheck, twice a month. So about $80 a month. Not bad.

--Its usually better through your job.
--My full coverage from work takes about $38 a paycheck, twice a month. So about $80 a month. Not bad.

online quotes will give you the price. I've done it, that's how I got my current medical through Sutter Blue Cross. Once you apply though, they will call you later just to verify a few things.

online quotes will give you the price. I've done it, that's how I got my current medical through Sutter Blue Cross. Once you apply though, they will call you later just to verify a few things.

varies from state to state and company to company but usually if its thru your benefits package they are supplementing a big chunk of the payment

it should all be described in your benefits package and on your paystub - if your paying 180 they are prob paying 400

varies from state to state and company to company but usually if its thru your benefits package they are supplementing a big chunk of the payment

it should all be described in your benefits package and on your paystub - if your paying 180 they are prob paying 400

:O 180 for all three for 5 people?
That's an amazing deal, OP. At least in NYC it is
sick.gif

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Originally Posted by Slicknick951

My companys plan is the worst. For a family just medical is like 700 im lucky to be single
Damn.......Yea, thats allot.

Family plan @ my gig is $1K or better.  The smaller the company the higher the premiums
tired.gif

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Originally Posted by Slicknick951

My companys plan is the worst. For a family just medical is like 700 im lucky to be single
Damn.......Yea, thats allot.

Family plan @ my gig is $1K or better.  The smaller the company the higher the premiums
tired.gif

as long as the coverage is good, i think $180 for 5 people is a very good deal.

My health/dental/vision adds up to about $600/month; I pay about $80/month and my company pays for the rest.

as long as the coverage is good, i think $180 for 5 people is a very good deal.

My health/dental/vision adds up to about $600/month; I pay about $80/month and my company pays for the rest.

Back
Top Bottom