What current NBA player you think could take MJ 1-on-1 in his prime?

Originally Posted by A smart man

Will Bynum

Yep.

pimp.gif

big ppl always win 1 on 1, this isn't a who's better discussion....

Dwight Howard would MURDER Jordan in 1 on 1...Duncan, Yao, Brand, Amare, Al Jefferson, Bosh and everyone else with a back to basket game would win very easilytoo...

You guys are making idiotic statements like MJ was much faster or much stronger than kobe or d whistle ...you guys are silly..All these guys are strong as helland the difference in strength and speed is minimal, if there is any. MJ was a beast and the greatest but 1 on 1 depends on who is hitting their shots. Idon't think defense would matter in these games because their offense is just unstoppable, all that would would matter is who hits their shots. Rememberout of all these guys being compared, Kobe has the best jumper. I thnk everytime someone drove they would get fouled to hell and a fight would break out.

Originally Posted by onlyjays9P

Shaq ? seems like hes so huge no one could beat him one on one as long as he gets the ball first lol

Remember when he was supposed to play Hakeem 1 on 1 on PPV? That would've been the ultimate finesse vs power game.

Like I said before you can't take the way someone plays in a game as evidence on how they would play 1 on 1. If a hs player could shut Jordan out, any ofthese other guys could definitely beat him

im pretty sure kobe would have a good chance but if it were a series of games, say like first to win 3 games, im sure mj would take it

Originally Posted by Ghenges

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by Ghenges

I don't think anyone could beat 1992 or 1988 Jordan 1 on 1.

Some of you guys are silly. I mean MJ is GOAT, but anyone can have a great day and still beat MJ 1-on-1. If you have a hot hand, MJ will never even touch the ball.

A lot of you guys underestimate MJ's speed and strength as well. Dude is much faster and stronger than Kobe.

Now if he was to go up against LeBron, MJ would have to play smart and force him to shoot jumpers. Remember, Lebron doesn't have a post game and certaintly doesn't have the footwork for a post game yet.

If anyone was to come close to beating MJ without clutch playing a factor, it would be Kobe.

Well silly guy of course anyone can have a great day and beat MJ. No one is saying MJ will beat anyone at anytime, 15-0. But if they were to play a best of 7, MJ would win 4 games out of 7.

I never understand why people think in extremes, especially when it comes to hypothetical sports question like the one at hand. The world isn't black and white, yes and no. There are a lot of grey areas and maybes.

I was agreeing with you sir.

kobe would give him the best challenge imo

they both have that killer instinct, michael would stil beat kobe though

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

big ppl always win 1 on 1, this isn't a who's better discussion....

Dwight Howard would MURDER Jordan in 1 on 1...Duncan, Yao, Brand, Amare, Al Jefferson, Bosh and everyone else with a back to basket game would win very easily too...
Oh come on....Jordan murdered Ewing, David Robinson, Charles Barkley, Karl Malone... those guys at the original DREAM TEAM....

Lebron cuz of his size. Dude will back down Jordan all day but if Jordan gets the ball first no way Lebron will even get a shot up

no matter what anyone says. Jordan's game was virtually flawless...you couldn't pinpoint a weakness, and if you did, Jordan worked on it to make it hisstrength.

deron, b. roy, artest, do not deserve to be in the same sentence as MJ, let alone same paragraph, let alone same topic. so end that argument.

Lebron is strong and gifted, but his one on one D is lacking. he has steals and blocks but they're not from his one on one assignments

wade is a good scorer, but MJ had one on one D that was difficult to score on. wade's D wouldn't have a chance to stop MJ

Kobe, who would be the best opponent, is a gifted scorer, and has one on one D, but lacks that X factor that Jordan had.

we all seen Kobe lose 2 championships already. watching him in the last game against Celtics last year was just sad.

If anything Jordan would definitely find a way to beat kobe. thats just what makes jordan, jordan.

Jordan was a relentless gift of talent, that would make his weakness his strengths, expose his opponents weakness, and break down the game
in which no one would be able to challenge him. Jordan's only competitor is himself. /rant

Back
Top Bottom