What current NBA player you think could take MJ 1-on-1 in his prime?

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Dude is great but im sure any top 5 superstar in the league would have a good shot at beating him.

cosign with this part.

instead of saying "____ would never beat MJ", you have to realize that with guys in one-on-one, it is possible for an inferior player to win ifhe's having a good day. it makes more sense to predict how well you think guys would do over a stretch of several games.

i would say that, out of 10 games, MJ would take...
5/10 against Kobe
6/10 against Wade
6/10 against Lebron
7/10 against Paul Pierce
8/10 against Melo

MJ ALL DAY...
I'M SURPRISED NOBODY HAS SAID CP3 EVENTHOUGH HE'S SMALLER...
WADE JUMPSHOT ISN'T ALL THAT GREAT...
MJ WOULD DESTROY PIERCE...
B ROY IS NICE BUT WOULD EASILY FALL SHORT AGAINST MJ...
CARMELO DOESN'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT DEFENSE IS...

MJ HAS A JUMPSHOT, PLAYED GREAT DEFENSE, EASILY ONE OF THE GREATEST ATHLETES OF ALL TIME, WAS SMART, AND I GOT TIRED OF HIM LIGHTING UP MY KNICKS...
mad.gif

MJ is smarter than alot of the players ya'll mentioned. I think that only Kobe would have a chance because he can shoot from anywhere.

Originally Posted by Ghenges

I don't think anyone could beat 1992 or 1988 Jordan 1 on 1.

Some of you guys are silly. I mean MJ is GOAT, but anyone can have a great day and still beat MJ 1-on-1. If you have a hot hand, MJ will never even touch theball.

A lot of you guys underestimate MJ's speed and strength as well. Dude is much faster and stronger than Kobe.

Now if he was to go up against LeBron, MJ would have to play smart and force him to shoot jumpers. Remember, Lebron doesn't have a post game and certaintlydoesn't have the footwork for a post game yet.

If anyone was to come close to beating MJ without clutch playing a factor, it would be Kobe.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by Ghenges

I don't think anyone could beat 1992 or 1988 Jordan 1 on 1.

Some of you guys are silly. I mean MJ is GOAT, but anyone can have a great day and still beat MJ 1-on-1. If you have a hot hand, MJ will never even touch the ball.

A lot of you guys underestimate MJ's speed and strength as well. Dude is much faster and stronger than Kobe.

Now if he was to go up against LeBron, MJ would have to play smart and force him to shoot jumpers. Remember, Lebron doesn't have a post game and certaintly doesn't have the footwork for a post game yet.

If anyone was to come close to beating MJ without clutch playing a factor, it would be Kobe.

Well silly guy of course anyone can have a great day and beat MJ. No one is saying MJ will beat anyone at anytime, 15-0. But if they were to play a best of7, MJ would win 4 games out of 7.

I never understand why people think in extremes, especially when it comes to hypothetical sports question like the one at hand. The world isn't black andwhite, yes and no. There are a lot of grey areas and maybes.

-wade gambles way too much on D
-how would lebron overpower MJ if lebron has zero post game?
-brandon roy.....really guys? really?
-melo wouldnt be able to keep MJ infront of him,but it would be a tough match up if melo's shot was fallin that day.

i think the best matchups would be Vc and tmac....thats IF they wanted to play D that day....oh yea and eric gordon.

Yea the last couple posts tell me alot of people couldn't have been born before 93

No need to make this thread. You already know the answer. Mj would dominate Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Melo ect. Why you ask??? Simple they all lack something from D,to mental toughness to game either inside or outside. MJ had the complete package.

Kobe?? Is great.

Legold? is great.

Wade?? is great.

JORDAN= IS THE GREATEST!

winners ball...

any legit big would have a chance. size helps so much in one-on-ones.

wut would jordan do about D12 backing him down

No need to make this thread. You already know the answer. Mj would dominate Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Melo ect. Why you ask??? Simple they all lack something from D, to mental toughness to game either inside or outside. MJ had the complete package.

Kobe?? Is great.

Kobe doesn't lack any of those things.

Shaq ? seems like hes so huge no one could beat him one on one as long as he gets the ball first lol

Back
Top Bottom