What City Has the Best Sports Fans?

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

The Bay area seems like it's really loyal to its teams. That's my vote.
I think for the most part this is true. We certainly have our number of fair-weather/front runner fans, but most everyone I know has an allegiance to one team from one sport and is unwavering.

The only anomaly here is seeing both a Giants and A's fan. Some people (outside of the more dedicated fans) are detached from the Bay Bridge rivalry and follow both. This is definitely not the case with football. I don't think I've ever met someone who was a fan of both the 49ers and Raiders.

Originally Posted by SCOTTY PIMPIN

Cleveland has to be up there, for as dedicated as they are without any championships. That's my opinion. And than Chicago Ofcourse.

We got titles.... Just not since 64 bro come on...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SCOTTY PIMPIN

Cleveland has to be up there, for as dedicated as they are without any championships. That's my opinion. And than Chicago Ofcourse.

We got titles.... Just not since 64 bro come on...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

New York....even w. teams like the Knicks sucking for a while, they STILL showed up. No fairweather w. them. On top of it all, they travel well to other cities.....

Have you heard of the Cubs?

New York....even w. teams like the Knicks sucking for a while, they STILL showed up. No fairweather w. them. On top of it all, they travel well to other cities.....

Originally Posted by HankMoody

There's a book on their huffness and all 100yrs of it yet those ({}) sell out year after year of being $*$ 
laugh.gif

We're pretty damn decent if I do say so myself
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HankMoody

There's a book on their huffness and all 100yrs of it yet those ({}) sell out year after year of being $*$ 
laugh.gif

We're pretty damn decent if I do say so myself
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

Threads like these are gonna be filled with biased answers; myself too. "Best" is subjective...but I think when it comes to loyalty, Bay Area has to be near the top in terms of the die-hards. Lots of crappy teams (49ers, Warriors) but they still get tons of support.
laugh.gif

49ers are not a crappy team, well they have since Denise took over, but they have history. 

It's hard to say city as a whole.  I know LA has a lot of love for the Lakers, Dodgers and USC but any other team..."if you ain't winning, we're not showing up".  It's just the way it is out here, not going to pretend otherwise.

Spoiler [+]
30t6p3b.gif
at people thinking the reason people are not showing up to Dodger games is not Frank McCourt.  He's the only reason, people would rather go to Anaheim and SD to see the Dodgers play
30t6p3b.gif

Cleveland, Bay Area, Boston, Philly and New York are good choices.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Threads like these are gonna be filled with biased answers; myself too. "Best" is subjective...but I think when it comes to loyalty, Bay Area has to be near the top in terms of the die-hards. Lots of crappy teams (49ers, Warriors) but they still get tons of support.
laugh.gif

49ers are not a crappy team, well they have since Denise took over, but they have history. 

It's hard to say city as a whole.  I know LA has a lot of love for the Lakers, Dodgers and USC but any other team..."if you ain't winning, we're not showing up".  It's just the way it is out here, not going to pretend otherwise.

Spoiler [+]
30t6p3b.gif
at people thinking the reason people are not showing up to Dodger games is not Frank McCourt.  He's the only reason, people would rather go to Anaheim and SD to see the Dodgers play
30t6p3b.gif

Cleveland, Bay Area, Boston, Philly and New York are good choices.

Not to hijack this thread, but something bothers me. People do not understand the difference between a casual fan and a bandwagon fan.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the casual fan. You know, the guy who is moderately interested in the sport, but is drawn more to the team he likes when that team is doing well? The guy who is a fan of one team, just not that big of a fan? Thats a casual fan. Thats completely different than the guy who started liking a new team because that team won it all. The guy who only likes a team because it wins, then goes to another team when his team starts losing is a bandwagon fan.

I really dont see the problem with casual fans catching playoff fever and getting a lot more excited and interested when his team is doing well. Not everyone can be thick and thin, die hard fans like some of us. There are a ton of more casual fans than bandwagon fans in the world. But most people have a hard time differentiating between the two.

Sorry for the rant.

Not to hijack this thread, but something bothers me. People do not understand the difference between a casual fan and a bandwagon fan.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the casual fan. You know, the guy who is moderately interested in the sport, but is drawn more to the team he likes when that team is doing well? The guy who is a fan of one team, just not that big of a fan? Thats a casual fan. Thats completely different than the guy who started liking a new team because that team won it all. The guy who only likes a team because it wins, then goes to another team when his team starts losing is a bandwagon fan.

I really dont see the problem with casual fans catching playoff fever and getting a lot more excited and interested when his team is doing well. Not everyone can be thick and thin, die hard fans like some of us. There are a ton of more casual fans than bandwagon fans in the world. But most people have a hard time differentiating between the two.

Sorry for the rant.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

You sell out a winless season because your in one of the biggest cities in the world....

Pittsburgh maybe, even though they only really have Hockey and Football to go crazy for.

Stop... They are one of the biggest bandwagon towns in the country... They didn't give a %$++ about the Penguins until they got Crosby. They even came close to relocating.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

You sell out a winless season because your in one of the biggest cities in the world....

Pittsburgh maybe, even though they only really have Hockey and Football to go crazy for.

Stop... They are one of the biggest bandwagon towns in the country... They didn't give a %$++ about the Penguins until they got Crosby. They even came close to relocating.

Originally Posted by dland24

Sorry for the rant.

Originally Posted by dland24

Sorry for the rant.

Back
Top Bottom