What City Has the Best Sports Fans?

laugh.gif
No way is it Seattle.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

laugh.gif
No way is it Seattle.

someone correct me if i'm remembering this wrong, but weren't the sonics having some attendance issues prior to the team being snatched out from under seattle's collective noses?

i don't know why but i still remember that whole "save the sonics" movement as being a "don't know what you've got til it's gone" situation.

or am i mixing up two separate memories involving different cities?

laugh.gif
No way is it Seattle.

someone correct me if i'm remembering this wrong, but weren't the sonics having some attendance issues prior to the team being snatched out from under seattle's collective noses?

i don't know why but i still remember that whole "save the sonics" movement as being a "don't know what you've got til it's gone" situation.

or am i mixing up two separate memories involving different cities?

The thing about New York is that there are just SOOO many people that it's impossible to generalize.

I've come across many front runners in NYC. People that loved the lakers or celtics for years. When lebron went to miami I saw heat fans pop up.

Plus even though more people on average know their sports, the ignorant morons are the loudest. if you listen to knicks fans on the radio you want to put a hammer to your head.

The thing about New York is that there are just SOOO many people that it's impossible to generalize.

I've come across many front runners in NYC. People that loved the lakers or celtics for years. When lebron went to miami I saw heat fans pop up.

Plus even though more people on average know their sports, the ignorant morons are the loudest. if you listen to knicks fans on the radio you want to put a hammer to your head.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

how's attendance for the mariners?

nowhere near capacity for most games, but the crowd is actually pretty decent. The experience at Safeco is amazing, so they shouldn't ever do horrible with attendance. 

It will decline from here on out though. M's are plummeting.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

how's attendance for the mariners?

nowhere near capacity for most games, but the crowd is actually pretty decent. The experience at Safeco is amazing, so they shouldn't ever do horrible with attendance. 

It will decline from here on out though. M's are plummeting.

Cleveland has to be up there, for as dedicated as they are without any championships. That's my opinion. And than Chicago Ofcourse.

Cleveland has to be up there, for as dedicated as they are without any championships. That's my opinion. And than Chicago Ofcourse.

The rules of this thread should be that you can't name your own city or the city of the team you affiliate yourself with.

And BEST can be defined a lot of ways. Most knowledgeable? Most loyal? Hooliganism?

If I had to name a city (not Philadelphia), the best overall would probably be Boston. They seem smart and not fair weather. It's easy to be a Boston fan now but there was a time when they were cheering for some abysmal teams. Don't get it confused though...I still hate everything about their teams and their fans.

The rules of this thread should be that you can't name your own city or the city of the team you affiliate yourself with.

And BEST can be defined a lot of ways. Most knowledgeable? Most loyal? Hooliganism?

If I had to name a city (not Philadelphia), the best overall would probably be Boston. They seem smart and not fair weather. It's easy to be a Boston fan now but there was a time when they were cheering for some abysmal teams. Don't get it confused though...I still hate everything about their teams and their fans.

The Bay area seems like it's really loyal to its teams. That's my vote.
I think for the most part this is true. We certainly have our number of fair-weather/front runner fans, but most everyone I know has an allegiance to one team from one sport and is unwavering.

The only anomaly here is seeing both a Giants and A's fan. Some people (outside of the more dedicated fans) are detached from the Bay Bridge rivalry and follow both. This is definitely not the case with football. I don't think I've ever met someone who was a fan of both the 49ers and Raiders.

Back
Top Bottom