What are u sippin on? VOL.......cheers

IMG_6979.jpeg

finally got my own bottle

What did you end up paying? UK duty free had a ton of them but they were £180 or something. I couldn’t pull the trigger. They had the 18 year for either £600 or £800.

Saw one in a smaller city in Texas for $158.

IMG_4402.jpeg

Couple of birthday gifts with the duty free Ardbeg I picked up in Scotland last month. Finally opened the Smoketrails last night, it was good but nothing out of this world. Decent value at a $100 for a liter bottle either way.

The SMOS Coal Ila 12 is solid. All the beautiful things in an Islay scotch and at 48% abv.

Not pictured, my wife also gave me a bottle of Lagavulin 16. I was nearly done with my old one.

Last edited:
Probably going to have to order internationally, had friends find local brew in Italy they loved that was unavailable. Only option was paying out the *** to import.

More pickups…
IMG_4407.jpeg

Capped off the night with a Rusty Nail.

IMG_4420.jpeg

Picked up a couple bottles today; Del Maguey Vida re-up, Benriach Smoky Ten, and Monkey Shoulder.

Also picked up some “vintage” Micky Dees Batman glasses this week.

Had a neat pour of the Smoky Ten and it is as good as I remembered. Following it up with a Monkey Shoulder highball.

IMG_4447.jpeg

Picked up a couple bottles today; Del Maguey Vida re-up, Benriach Smoky Ten, and Monkey Shoulder.

Also picked up some “vintage” Micky Dees Batman glasses this week.

Had a neat pour of the Smoky Ten and it is as good as I remembered. Following it up with a Monkey Shoulder highball.

IMG_4447.jpeg

Want to pick up a bottle..heard they’re great for mixing

London for the week, visiting The Whiskey Exchange store
PXL_20240629_131727618.MP.jpg

What's funny about Fortaleza, is that I worked for a distributor for six years that carried it. It literally sat on shelves, collecting dust. We also carried Ocho, and some other highly sought after tequilas. I would tell people "buy Fortaleza, it's our best tequila". Nobody would buy it. I no longer work for that company, but people ask me how they can get some. I say "well, let me hop in my time machine to five years ago and I can you all the Fortaleza in the world". Funny how these things work.

I still have lots of friends at my old distributor. The reps and managers get constant e-mails and texts every day about it. Restaurants are limited to one bottle at a time (all SKUs), when it's available. I even see the Still Strength (92 proof) on back bars, which is absurd. Literally nobody was buying that, ever.

FYI: if you're interested in an additive-free, great tequila that few people are aware of, the brand I sell is Cantera Negra. Aged in a blend of ex-bourbon and Cognac casks. I don't believe it's available in VA though (one of my close co-worker friends works the VA market). The Extra Anejo is a finalist for the San Francisco Spirits competition for best tequila. Aged 3+ years (obviously) and juice up to5 years. 80% Cognac cask, 20% Bourbon cask. We sold out in Washington because people loved it so much.

I miss the old Macallan 15 Triple Cask. That was my favorite. Also, the reason Macallan has discontinued some of their lineup is because it became so popular. Eventually, Double Cask will replace the Sherry casks entirely. Not anytime soon, but it will happen.

Probably going to have to order internationally, had friends find local brew in Italy they loved that was unavailable. Only option was paying out the *** to import.

More pickups…
IMG_4407.jpeg

Capped off the night with a Rusty Nail.

IMG_4420.jpeg
I gotta try that Drambuie.

Had this at a restaurant over the weekend.. anyone know where you can get stateside?

C4B1AE54-33BA-41AA-9E4D-D6603E835F24.jpeg

6A12287D-5D62-4226-BDF3-503A8F9EA453.jpeg

9A4FB6B3-358E-40F3-9B1A-A684C9F65EE1.jpeg

062A1E5D-03AF-40AA-8046-4CB78C44F3B2.jpeg
I been all over Italy for 2.5 weeks and haven’t seen it bottled here, but I had the Bianca Blanche on tap and thought it was terrible. I typically love reds so I’m kinda bummed that wasn’t an option.

Back
Top Bottom