What are some ways you save money? Vol. 373821326894423

Times are tough these days, so what do you do to save a few bucks? Me:

- I'm pretty anti-social anyways so I don't go out to bars/clubs

- Prepaid phone

- Try to ride my bike to work everyday (2 miles = nothing)

- Pack lunch everyday for work

- Cook most of my meals

by not giving a damn what other people think... a good chunk of the money people spend is to impress others |I

I bring lunch to work everyday

not going out to dinner so often/ cook my own meals

cut off cable- only have internet

no house phone- only a cell

don't go out as much (food, drinks, and gas = $$$$)

about to sell most of my collection

try not to get caught up in the hype of things (i.e. iPhone 5)

- Less liquor when going out, by far my biggest waste of money, cutting it down to 2 Long Islands or 3 beers.
- cut my personal cell & just use my company's blackberry, I also feel more productive not being a smartphone zombie
- weekend outings search for free things to do
- drink water in a glass at restaurants
- only buy clothes at least 50% off
- haven't had cable in over a year, netflix rocks

Quit smoking..

It sucks especially having that BC bud at your disposal but easily $400-$500 savings each month.

Last edited:
Funny this thread came up because this week I started to start an extreme budgeting project. I read this article last weekend about a Harvard grad with $90k in school loans who was determined to pay it off within a year. He started a blog about his spending/debt reduction and I was inspired so Monday I started cutting back. So far this week I only spent $4 and (normally I spend $100+ a week) and I'm also taking back 3 pairs of slacks I bought that cost me $167.

Check out his blog: nomoreharvarddebt.com

Last edited:
whats the significance of 373821326894423? I don't get it. As far as saving money. Buy gold or silver...Ain't no way you can spend it as currency unless you turn it back into cash. And by the time you're ready to spend it, you'll be able to flip them for more then you paid for.

I eat cereal with a fork just to save milk
pimp.gif
roll.gif
not sure if you serious or not but
roll.gif

I been staying at home.

Haven't been drinking or smoking.

Not buying shoes or clothes.

Not eating out.

Everything you originally posted consists of the basic building blocks of conserving money. A step further, taking more advantage of coupons or sales when food shopping. Sometimes buying in bulk can be cost-effective if you can finish larger-sized quantities of food and home essentials (Costco, for example). Continuing not to attend bars and spend money on drinking, avoid eating out. Those small sums seem like pennies in the short-term but progress into size-able numbers later on.

Eat b4 I go out, bring lunch to work, smoke other ppl's dro, pre game b4 a bar/club, don't window shop/ go on clothing sites :smh:

Learned to cut my own hair. (and very well at that)

Become a great cook.

Avoid eating out if possible.

I don't eat fast food, at all.
I bring my own lunch to work.
I have illegal cable. lol
I used to have illegal internet too which was way faster than this AT&T ******** service.
I don't drink or smoke.

I buy my clothes from Kohl's for like a dollar (sometimes free) with all the coupons my mom gives me from her job. lol

I haven't paid more than 3 dollars for clothes in years.

But I do spend way too much money on sneakers, though. That pretty much cancels out everything I posted. :smh:

Last edited:
I don't go out much if at all so i'm saving tons of money there. Don't eat fast food, don't buy starbucks, etc.

Purposely leave my wallet at home/in the car. I cant spend money if I dont have it on me
Funny this thread came up because this week I started to start an extreme budgeting project. I read this article last weekend about a Harvard grad with $90k in school loans who was determined to pay it off within a year. He started a blog about his spending/debt reduction and I was inspired so Monday I started cutting back. So far this week I only spent $4 and (normally I spend $100+ a week) and I'm also taking back 3 pairs of slacks I bought that cost me $167.

Check out his blog: nomoreharvarddebt.com
I read this before. It neglects to mention that he was making 100K a year though which he was

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom