What are some ways you save money? Vol. 373821326894423

1. Never pinch penny's where it really matters

2. Don't try to save if you're in debt...that's just stupid.  $3000 in the bank getting 1% interest is silly when you have $7000 in credit card or car loan debt at 7% or 10%.  Get enough for a decent stop-gap emergency fund.  After that, get to work on that debt.  

3. Select highest deductible available on car, house insurance.  More than likely you won't need it that often, and using the highest deductible available will decrease your monthly premiums.

4. Cash Back credit cards....Make money even when spending money.

5. Write a budget and stick to it.  Most people who aren't on commission get about the same paycheck every two weeks.  Multiply that by 26 and you have your annual take home pay.  See how much you have...see how much your bills are annually...and see how much is left over.  After that, budget everything else that will come up and can be reasonably predicted: Vacation, Christmas, Birthdays, Mother's day, Car Registration, Dinners Out, etc.

6.  Give yourself an allowance.  After you budget, give yourself a set amount per paycheck to do whatever.  Never exceed it.  If you wan't something expensive that doesn't fit into your allowance, make yourself save for a couple of paychecks.  After your budget and your allowance you should have some money to save every payday.  If not, tweak it some more...you've got some more cutting (lifestyle adjustments) to make.

Last edited:
not gonna lie, villansfinest got me thinking. i could easily cop 2-3 rolls of TP from work when I'm low. They stack the reserves under the sink in the bathroom. I do the same for school supplies. Get all my notebooks/pens/etc from my work's supply cabinet.
(for free)

bout to get fired for stealing toilet paper :lol: :smh:

Back
Top Bottom