What are people thinking when naming their kids?

"Jayden" "Jaylen" "Kaden" "Aiden"
These seem to be the hypebeast names of the last few years.

raiden.gif

parents gotta stop naming their kids with the -en. jayden, Brayden, kaylen, etc.Edit: didn't even see Cinco's post
laugh.gif
I agree!

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Inb4 Megatron

This thread is going to be basically about names black people (African Americans namely) give to their kids, isn't it?

Why don't you tell us how you really feel?
The reach 
laugh.gif

Im with OP 
you guys are fooling yourselves if you don't think religion has everything to do with this conversation. where do you think most generic names come from? 
Like I said, if people don't feel the need to conform to generic names then why adhere to the religion? why pick and choose conformity and what you feel comfortable with? 

Secondly OP himself basically said that this thread is in fact mainly about black people so, yeah...monday maybe you should read the posts in the thread before you say someone is reaching....I called OP on beating around the bush on how he feels and he blatantly admitted to what I already suspected the topic was about so....yeah....

Ya'll want to beat around the bush and play cute, go ahead. If you want to discuss the real topic and the underlying topics at hand then let's do that. Otherwise topics like these on NT have no place, like I've always said. People here can't have a conversation without getting offended, sad.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Inb4 Megatron

This thread is going to be basically about names black people (African Americans namely) give to their kids, isn't it?

Why don't you tell us how you really feel?
laugh.gif

Thank goodness my "African American" father gave me a non-ridiculous name.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

QFE.....Just so people know what the thread is really about.

Originally Posted by buggz05

Nah, social norms will change.

My niece watches this cartoon called The Backyardigans Jungle Colors, and one of the main/lead character's name is Uniqua. As in a Janiqua/Unique collabo.

These social norms will change as generations grow up.

The only thing I don't like about it, is that a name should mean something. I believe you should name your child with meaning, importance. Alot of these names are just popping up because they are "creative" or something..
laugh.gif
@ black people (African American's namely)
Jus sayin, cuz West Indians and black Hispanics (whatever) don't really do this, they generally have meaningful Christian names. 

Fixed.

People don't think about the future honestly. They think about all of the, "Aww that is a cute name" comments that they will get from others. Or they are just trying to be different when it comes to the spelling of more "traditional" names. It is selfish and show-offish. Another, "Look at us" moment.

Plus if a mother has never tasted an ounce of the professional world why would she even think about her kid getting a taste of it.

If someone hiring is looking at two similar resumes and on the top of one it says Emily and on the other it says Juanita......95% of the time you knows whos getting the job, its a sad truth but thats the way it is

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

"Jayden" "Jaylen" "Kaden" "Aiden"
These seem to be the hypebeast names of the last few years.
Let's see I got one of each running around my rec center, actually I've got two of both Kaden and Aiden.
laugh.gif

Some names are absolutely ridiculous but most aren't that serious.

Someone asked me today if my name was Portuguese. Once I was asked if my name was LaSheena...i was lowkey offended
laugh.gif

That said my daughter will have a unisex name and my sons will have something Arabic or African.

Its really unfair that people are judged like that for their names when you think about it.

Originally Posted by dakid23

2ppni1j.jpg
We were talking about this earlier, wow unreal.
roll.gif

If someone hiring is looking at two similar resumes and on the top of one it says Emily and on the other it says Juanita......95% of the time you knows whos getting the job, its a sad truth but thats the way it is

Yep, sure is. Most of the time there won't even be a callback.

clowns playing the race card already 
laugh.gif
 always trying to
act like victims

laugh.gif
Oh of course, that's NT for you. I've seen bad names from all sorts and all colors. It's a class thing imo.

psk2310 wrote:
I knew an NBA player that named his daughter Lexus because that was the car he bought with his first NBA check, the car he always wanted...

laugh.gif
 How long is "always" ? 

grin.gif
Lexus has only existed since 1989.

i really dislike names like Hunter, connor, brennan.. (sorry if their one of yours)

Back
Top Bottom