WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Agatha All Along new ep every Wednesday

Since Fox/X-men Universe is now merged into the MCU (give or take). Let me do a little mini review of the ones I can remember

X-Men First Class - what a movie, easily the best one one in that universe. The Magneto and Prof. X duality were perfect
X-Men Days of Future Past - complicated as hell (Endgame did time travel much better) but it was fun and I enjoyed it
X-Men Apocalypse - THRASH. Walked out half way through the movie to go on a date with a chick.

I didnt really give a damn about these universe, I still wouldn't mind seeing Logan, heard it was a great film

I actually liked the first movie. I had high hopes for the franchise. I will admit tho, I’d watch Gal Gadot shovel **** for 90 minutes. :lol:

Since Fox/X-men Universe is now merged into the MCU (give or take). Let me do a little mini review of the ones I can remember

X-Men First Class - what a movie, easily the best one one in that universe. The Magneto and Prof. X duality were perfect
X-Men Days of Future Past - complicated as hell (Endgame did time travel much better) but it was fun and I enjoyed it
X-Men Apocalypse - THRASH. Walked out half way through the movie to go on a date with a chick.

I didnt really give a damn about these universe, I still wouldn't mind seeing Logan, heard it was a great film

Last time I pollute this MCU thread with Fox X-Men nonsense but this trailer really had me fooled like this was gonna be Fox's gamechanger and it was just ok, at best.

But you act as if those Wonder Woman movies were good?
The first one was fine by any measure. If it had a better looking Villain and a less over the top final fight it would of been great. They used Gal to the best of her abilities and she carries the movie.

The first one was fine by any measure. If it had a better looking Villain and a less over the top final fight it would of been great. They used Gal to the best of her abilities and she carries the movie.

I think we grade that movie on a heavy curve.. it had moments and Chris Pratt was great and they played with gal’s limitations.. but movie had a lot going

it could have been great if they developed the whole ares doesn’t even really need to actually do anything for men to destroy themselves.. him being a politician could have been great

but they went with the whole boris and Natasha thing.. and decided they had to throw another trey/silver guy in the end of a DCEU movie

but I contend they just ripped off 2 of the not so great MCU movies, first avenger and first Thor.. right down to having a guy named Chris crash a plane at the end of a movie

I think we grade that movie on a heavy curve.. it had moments and Chris Pratt was great and they played with gal’s limitations.. but movie had a lot going

it could have been great if they developed the whole ares doesn’t even really need to actually do anything for men to destroy themselves.. him being a politician could have been great

but they went with the whole boris and Natasha thing.. and decided they had to throw another trey/silver guy in the end of a DCEU movie

but I contend they just ripped off 2 of the not so great MCU movies, first avenger and first Thor.. right down to having a guy named Chris crash a plane at the end of a movie
The movie wasn’t perfect for sure but it’s wasn’t bad at all. I’m saying this with auto hate for DC movies too based on what they’ve produced before WW released. I think the movie was AS GOOD as Logan and even had some of the same problems. Both final acts nearly killed the movie.

Side note, I think they explained how no godly interference was needed.

Last time I pollute this MCU thread with Fox X-Men nonsense but this trailer really had me fooled like this was gonna be Fox's gamechanger and it was just ok, at best.

Big facts. Had so much potential and was well done through the first two acts. Then... Oh.... suprise.... Magneto hates humans and he’s gonna break bad again. We’ve never done that before. Let’s try it. Oh it’s gotta be different this time? Let’s have Jennifer Lawrence save the day...

The movie wasn’t perfect for sure but it’s wasn’t bad at all. I’m saying this with auto hate for DC movies too based on what they’ve produced before WW released. I think the movie was AS GOOD as Logan and even had some of the same problems. Both final acts nearly killed the movie.

Side note, I think they explained how no godly interference was needed.

nah.. Logan was perfect up until they literally hit a mountain.. WW had problems going throughout AND then the ending

I felt like WW was more IM2, where there were aspects for a clearly better movie but it was still a mess

DOFP and AOU are on the higher sides of that type of easily shoulda been better with ingredients available.. like maybe a better editor goes a long way and definitely a different director stepping in

but as far as the DCEU movies, Shazam is that movie for me

The first core X-Men team in the MCU should be Cyclops, Angel, Colossus, Bishop, Kitty, Psylocke, and Storm.

I'd say Cyclops,
Emma Frost(probably beter to maybe establish Jean first though),
Storm
Colossus (I'm ok with the Fox Deadpool version)
A real Iceman (because representation for the lgbt+ community is a Disney priority)
Kitty Pryde or Jubilee. (Same ****)
Throw in Gambit and Rogue after stealing CM's powers too. Whatever.
And I don't see how they can resist having Wolverine either.

Bonus points if they throw my guy Morph in there too.

Why are we even talking about Foxmen? Here’s a studio that built the legacy of its X-men reboot on the shoulders of Mystic (as a hero no less) to capture the Hunger games fame of Jennifer Lawrence. Basically rewrote the X-men how the felt and shoveled it to us.

for as much as I love wolverine, the fact that they focused so much of those movies around him and from his point of view shows how little they got the X-men

henry tried to warn em

nah.. Logan was perfect up until they literally hit a mountain.. WW had problems going throughout AND then the ending

I felt like WW was more IM2, where there were aspects for a clearly better movie but it was still a mess

DOFP and AOU are on the higher sides of that type of easily shoulda been better with ingredients available.. like maybe a better editor goes a long way and definitely a different director stepping in

but as far as the DCEU movies, Shazam is that movie for me
Funny because I hear lots of praise for Shazam but I thought it was absolutely terrible. Same with aqua man. Those movies are on par with Spider-Man 3

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom