Week 14 AP Poll

Pac 10> Big XII. Easy.
Ehh, I wouldn't say so. Maybe before some injuries and before some teams fell the hell off, but as a whole , the Pac-10 has been doodoo thisyear.

Oregon with Dixon and USC with Booty are really the only two teams worth mentioning. Maybe ASU, but everyone else? C'mon...

smh.gif
X1000000.

We were 6th, we beat the 11th ranked team, two teams above us lose and we only move up one spot? Georgia didn't even win their conference and our winisn't good enough to jump them? We beat a higher ranked team than LSU did, and they jump all the way to 2nd, while we jump ONE spot and can't even jumpGeorgia?

I'm not saying we should be ranked #2 but give me a break! What did LSU show yesterday that warranted them jumping 5 spots, and if what they did was goodenough to jump 5 spots we should have at LEAST jumped Georgia, who didn't even win their own conference! Also I know Oklahoma dominated yesterday, but theydid just lose to Texas Tech the week before.

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter since we had no shot at the NC but I feel pretty disrespected by the voters. I thought we shouldhave at least jumped Georgia and been ranked 4th, and I was expecting we'd be 3rd.

This is what I hate about the polls. There are always those traditional powerhoue programs that get more hype than everyone else: LSU, OSU, Oklahoma, NotreDame (not this year), USC, Texas, etc.

yea living in Oklahoma I would like a tOSU / OU match up.. but i want to see Ohio St beat LSU and get some revenge on the SEC from last year.

What did LSU show yesterday that warranted them jumping 5 spots
That's what the hell I want to know. The only thing that stopped Georgia from winning the SEC was the fact that SEC East >> SEC West.

Title Game should be Georgia vs. tOSU/Oklahoma/LSU. Forget the OT's LSU dropped the ball TWICE already. Georgia wouldv'e won the SEC had Kendookie putaway Tennessee, which is the reason behind UGA being ranked higher that LSU, but that's all irrelevant now.

tUSC needs to shut the hell up.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Pac 10> Big XII. Easy.
Ehh, I wouldn't say so. Maybe before some injuries and before some teams fell the hell off, but as a whole , the Pac-10 has been doodoo this year.

Oregon with Dixon and USC with Booty are really the only two teams worth mentioning. Maybe ASU, but everyone else? C'mon...

don't forget that awesome UW squad!
happy.gif

(that hangs with everyone and always finds a way to lose.
tired.gif
)

((damn damn damn damn damn))

yeah, the PAC10 is "doodoo" this year.
ohwell.gif

i think it should be oklahoma vs LSU. i still dont think ohio st is that great. they havent beat anyone thats worth mentioning. LSU will probably beat onohio st. another championship for SEC

what i dont get is how hawaii barely beats WASH, who is 4-9 and they still move up 2 spots. they are going to get irked in the bcs bowl by any team they play.

and
roll.gif
at the number 1 vote in both polls.

hawaii will do better than all of you think. why is everyone forgetting the boise st game last year?

I agree with 5am6oody72, Virginia Tech and the ACC deserve more respect. One of Virginia Tech's two losses was a fluke because BC got exposed the nextweek, it was one of those devastating losses that really wasn't supposed to happen, and on top of that V Tech went on to crush them in the conference titlegame. Also the ACC isn't the basura of a conference that it was last year, we have 8 bowl eligible teams and 4 teams with at least 9 wins, if anything Ibelieve we are better than the Pac 10 who was in shambles by the end of the season. I'm not saying V Tech should be in the Top 2 or anything, but onlymoving them up 1 spot after what they proved in the ACC title game is just a big slap in the face to the program....

If LSU has the same two losses as everyone else, why do people want them to be ranked so high, lol. I know it's been said but damn...

One of Virginia Tech's two losses was a fluke because BC got exposed the next week, it was one of those devastating losses that really wasn't supposed to happen
No offense but that is a perfect example of why VT is ranked where they are (They should be ahead of Georgia IMO though) They should have beat BCtwice but only beat them once that doesnt reflect good on VT in anyway

It really is quite simple we know a two-loss team was gonna get in after yesterday, LSU won the SEC and Oklahoma won the Big XII which are the 2 bestconferences this year. LSU lost in 3OTs to a ranked Kentucky team (who is unranked now) and an unranked Arkansas team (who is ranked now) while Oklahoma lostto Colorado and Texas Tech (both of who were unranked at the time OU played them and are unranked now. Georgia didn't win their own division let alone theconference and are in the exact same postition as Kansas who happens to have one fewer loss (even though they played 1 game the entire year). As for VT theywere clobbered by 41 in Baton Rouge so no way the voters are gonna vote them ahead of LSU. Finally as for USC they lost to Stanford at home (41 pt. favorites)and their only two ranked wins were over Cal (hot doodoo garbage) and Arizona State so they really aren't deserving. So really the humans had no choice butto vote LSU and OU the way they did. And between OU and LSU, the Tigers have 7 ranked wins (teams were ranked at the time they played them, 5 are still ranked)to the Sooners 3 ranked wins (2 are still ranked). 5>2 Therefore LSU is going to the title game.

If LSU has the same two losses as everyone else, why do people want them to be ranked so high, lol. I know it's been said but damn...

The same reason Oklahoma is #3: Because they are LSU and Oklahoma is Oklahoma. The big powerhouse programs, and more specifically the SEC as a whole, are givenway too much credit. Don't get me wrong, I believe the SEC is easily the best conference, but we can't give teams free passes just because they play inthat conference. I don't have that much of a problem with LSU being #2, but I do have a problem with Georgia being #4. Georgia is a great team and has beenplaying very well as of late, but they still didn't even play in their conference championship game. You can't have two teams behind them that wontheir conferences, especially if they have the same amount of losses and in one case losses against higher ranked opponents.

indifferent.gif
@ USC even being in the top 10, you condom fans better be glady'all even going to the rose bowl (thanks to a dixon injury), knowing damn well you should of been out the top 25 losing to Stanford.
roll.gif
I cant wait till SC gets exposed (by eitherGeorgia or Illinois) once again in the Rose Bowl.

You can't have two teams behind them that won their conferences, especially if they have the same amount of losses and in one case losses against higher ranked opponents.
Why not? If people think they're a better team, why wouldn't they rank them accordingly? Just because you won your conference doesn'tmean you're better than every team that didn't do so.

I don't see how you can complain about VT being jumped by LSU. Same amount of losses, only LSU won a better conference and routed VT in the process.Oklahoma, I might agree you could have a bit of a gripe there, but I still think Oklahoma is a better team as well.

Georgia wouldv'e won the SEC had Kendookie put away Tennessee
laugh.gif
you Georgia fans kill me.

TAKE CARE OF YOUR OWN DAMN BUSINESS AND YOU WON'T HAVE TO WORRY BOUT WHAT OTHER TEAMS DO!

here's what you meant to say...

"Georgia wouldv'e won the SEC EAST had GEORGIA beat Tennesse"

Back
Top Bottom