We need a Pre-Order System for Big Releases

Ok as many of you have seen the releases lines craziness for the Air Jordan IV Cement Release, Air Jordan XI Concord and more. Sneaker collecting is becoming more of a competition  between the re-seller and actual customer. The madness of big releases starts at 12:01 am when the sites start listing the shoe and within 2-3 minutes  we get this 
1dzrk5.png

Cause people are slamming the server trying to get a damn pair. Some people get in and grab the pairs but for most people its just a aggravating experience. 

Sneaker buying for GR's used to be wake up at 10am, walk into the store and give the man your money. Everyone is happy. Now its a event that everyone from the customer, the cops, and the stores are sick out.We need a Pre-order system available during the time the shoes are being made which is 3-5 months before releases dates if the shoe tags are to believed. During this time we should be able to Pre-order the shoe at retail or for a small fee extra and we have a pair locked in. They can just make extra pairs in addition to what the stores get.  This crap is getting out of hand.

abc_air_jordan_line_ny_jp_111223_wg.jpg

I see craziness and lines for Special Limited releases like Bins, YOTR, and the such but not for some GR's
30t6p3b.gif

!$!% Nike. There I said it. Spend millions hyping a sinlge release but won't pay for decent servers to back that hype. However I bet Fabulous got one for free over a month ago.

Yeah I agree with you, something has to change. And pre-order would be sweet.

Originally Posted by sunshineblotters

!$!% Nike. There I said it. Spend millions hyping a sinlge release but won't pay for decent servers to back that hype. However I bet Fabulous got one for free over a month ago.

AMEN ! and WALE ! lmao

Pre-order is one of the biggest things I don't agree with. There are stores down here who disobey company policy and do pre-orders anyway. Mainly because the people who spend the time in line that were so sure they would get their pair didn't because of a pre-order. No, just no.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Pre-order is one of the biggest things I don't agree with. There are stores down here who disobey company policy and do pre-orders anyway. Mainly because the people who spend the time in line that were so sure they would get their pair didn't because of a pre-order. No, just no.

I don't mean pre-order with a store like Finish-line but Pre-order with NIKE the manufacture. On their store page they just have a pre-order section where a shoe go for pre-order a week before production. It stays up for a week and then they know how many more they need to make for the pre-orders in addition to the regular production. 

All Nike cares about is making money. They know shoes will sell out regardless so why waste time, resources, and money into a new server or a pre-order system when it will ultimately give the end result

I think they should release sneakers an hour apart to let the servers breathe. This time you had the Kobe's and 4's at the same time. The previous week the X's and BHM's. Next week the All-star madness.

yeah there should be, I've spoken with some folks and they literally fear for their safety at these releases

This is what Nike wants though. What brand doesn't want the hype?

They know that if you missed out on a release, you're gonna come back hard on the next one. It's a cycle.
And think about it before blaming Nike for security issues, blame the malls lack of security and coordination.  

No need for pre-orders at all; all they have to do is mass produce the hell out of the shoes, plain & simple.  Look at the business model as it is now: Nike sells their shoes at about 55% of the MSRP to the retailers.  If the shoe is hot, they get to liquidate all of them at full price.  If it's a crappy Team J, the retailer takes a hit on their margins from having to mark the shoe down to move it.  If it's a really bad shoe that still won't move, the retailer negotiates a RTV (Return to Vendor) where they send the shoes back to Nike and get a partial credit towards future purchase orders.

For Nike, it's a win/win when the shoes don't sell.  FTL doesn't give $ to Nike based on units sold; they pay for all those units up front.  Whether they fly off the shelves or collect dust, Nike already got paid.  If they send the shoes back, Nike just sells them at the Factory stores at a cheaper price since they only gave the retailer a partial credit.

The only hit Nike takes is in brand perception if the shoes sit, but brand image is huge.  This is the reason why it took so long for Kobes and Lebrons and the Jordan Game Shoe to hit iD; they (extremely inaccurately) felt that it would cheapen the brand image.  Nobody thought Jordan was falling off because they were able to easily cop the WC3s last year.  The people who wanted their pair were able to get them and those on the fence were able to finally cop as well due to the restocks.  All they have to do is boost the production #s so customers are satisfied and they are paid.  But of course, that would just make too much sense.

yea man stop trying to do their jobs. its obvious they want supply and demand... and limited availability is what i want too.

u think i work this hard so i can see every other guy with the shoes i have?

Let it go. buy more jordans
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

u think i work this hard so i can see every other guy with the shoes i have?
Such a stupid mentality to have, when you grow up and read what you just typed you will see how foolish it is.
Kids 
laugh.gif

We don't need a pre-order system, we need to make the re-selling of Jordans illegal. Why do you think marijuana is illegal, because dealers are turning profits by selling it. Sooner or later it will happen. I hope.

I remember I pre ordered the Jordan 1 OLNL Pack from sidelineapparel. That was pretty cool but they should just make more so they don't sell out so quickly.

Nike doesnt hype. We do. And the sneaker blogs. 

I hate to say it but Nike isn't going to let off the hype and make a preorder system because i would preorder every shoe the day a RD is named. I don't see people complaining that get pairs of sneakers..... I would love a Pre-Order system, but it would never happen nor work correctly.

The thing is Nike is walking a fine line between producing to little and over producing of they over produce the shoes will just sit and hit Clearence racks and outlets....in my opinion they would rather create hype and produce to little then over produce

Originally Posted by bence23

Nike doesnt hype. We do. And the sneaker blogs. 
Also agreed like i just said Nike isn't going to stop the hype we make.... For example the Lebron 9 thread is 850+ pages of hype and criticism we shouldn't blame JB. Also we all know that your not just going to stop collecting
laugh.gif

They do a pre order system in the UK, so why not here?? I agree the releases are getting way out of hand. It does get frustrating when you have the money and can't spend it on what you want for RETAIL, due to limited quantities or people buying multiples just to flip.

Originally Posted by welcome2jungle

Nike don't care but a pre order system is needed everyone seems to be a sneaker re seller now of days

Right... I honestly believe nike has stop caring! Lower quality, higher prices, and release mayhem!

Back
Top Bottom