Wayne vs CM -- OG Maco voice .... Tyga "U was right"

I think is is all marketing. His album and singles have no buzz. Since when is Baby gonna take away creative control? All of Wayne's music from 08-14 sound the same so there's no creativity there.

So, it's either an excuse to scrap the album and avoid low sales so he can look like the king that some people think he is or to get buzz about his album.

And as for Drake's contrast. I've heard the complete opposite. I've heard he has a lot of hands in his pockets. But at the end of the day, I guess none of us can confirm anything.

Last edited:
This is all promotion for his album. They do this time and time again and people still fall for it

Weezy is done.

This ain't marketing. When's the last time anyone was checking for dude?

He needs to go home and be a family man. Word to SSFII Guile...

He is Part of the illumanti
eek.gif

pusha T aint nowhere near weezy lane when it come to bread

Man if the is real, this is the end of Cash Money. Thug and quan cannOT carry the label

There's a plethora of sources out there and I would link you to a few but I've literally been following Drake's career closely since like 07 so most of it I just remember from either reading or being told in passing from 07 to now. In particular there's an interview Drake did with westwood pre TML about his label situation.

This next stuff is simply my opinion though :lol:

Cash Money is a big front. And what I mean by that is that when people sign to them, it's not like an actual label that puts artist out. It functions as a tax write off for Baby and co. When people sign there they may get funded with videos and **** like that, but they don't get paid. They are essentially indie artist on the label and whoever catches fire with a buzz off their independent wave gets to be put out. No different with Drake except when he signed to the label he had so much weight and pull that he could structure his deal however he wanted. His 2nd deal with them which was done in like 2012 is where he really cashed out at. The first deal was really good except he wasn't getting paid all that much. The new deal he signed was incredible and CM is almost non existent on that. Essentially, CM is there simply out of loyalty and they aren't in Drake's pockets at all virtually.

Theirs no such thing as a tax write off

You're basically paying unnecessary taxes if you're doing that

Learned that from jay z :pimp:

History repeating itself; Baby always screws his artists (lol) just like Puff used to.  Back in the day Baby was getting $.80 on the dollar from Juvenile's tour money.  BG got screwed out of all of his bread after he got hooked on heroin.  Mannie Fresh still is mad about getting ripped off by Baby back in the day.  Now Tyga, now WAYNE who was his golden boy for years.  Young Thug and Quan are next in line to get screwed.

History repeating itself; Baby always screws his artists (lol) just like Puff used to.  Back in the day Baby was getting $.80 on the dollar from Juvenile's tour money.  BG got screwed out of all of his bread after he got hooked on heroin.  Mannie Fresh still is mad about getting ripped off by Baby back in the day.  Now Tyga, now WAYNE who was his golden boy for years.  Young Thug and Quan are next in line to get screwed.

They don't get screwed, they signed those contracts.

They probably never seen liquid cash from cash money but dont think drake,wayne,nicki,tyga are using there own money for music videos & touring etc

They probably never seen a check but im sure they all have a budget within the label

& if they dont have there publishing right thats there faults

Birdman hustling his own "son" :lol:

Foul

Forced this man to kiss him on national tv and all that and it's come to this :smh:

Last edited:
One of the illest contracts ever.

Whats Drakes contract like ? & How many more albums was part of that contract? he already has OVO though

edit - nevermind..

Here’s the breakdown of Drake’s record deal:

Drake is signed with Aspire/Young Money/Cash Money Records and is distributed by Universal
Drake got a $2 million advance (I’ll give you a moment to read that again)
Drake retains the publishing rights to his songs and only pays 25% of his music sales revenues to the label as a “distribution fee”

As you can see, Drake got a helluva deal. It’s one of the most lucrative deals I’ve seen recently, especially for a hip hop artist. This deal is a complete reversal of a typical record deal where the label earns the lion’s share of record sales and the artist struggles for years to get out of his/her financial debt to the label.

$2 million is a big advance to pay back but considering that Drake’s first album Thank Me Later will probably be the best-selling R&B/hip hop album next year, I don’t think he’ll have much trouble clearing his debt.

Major props to Drake’s management team (Hip Hop Since 1978 and Cortez Bryant) for negotiating a fair deal for their client. Cortez Bryant also manages Lil Wayne and Hip Hop Since 1978 represents Kanye West. Clearly Drake has a great group in his corner. With that kind of backing, Drake’s career is only just beginning.

So Baby isn't pimpin Drake like everyone assumed. Drake having that contract and selling the amount of units he sell... :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom