Wayne vs CM -- OG Maco voice .... Tyga "U was right"

What in dee hell was Juvie thinking when he went back to CM, then again looking at this lil rant by Wayne it all makes sense

One of the illest contracts ever.

Lowkey The illest contract ever. Cash Money / Young Money are essentially there to put their logo on the back of the album...literally as primitive as that sounds, that's how much imput they have on Drake's career. He does nothing with them. When he wants to put out an album, he goes straight to Universal.

That's why it's always funny to me when people say Drake should leave Cash Money :lol: it's like he basically already is. He doesn't even get paid by them.

One of the illest contracts ever.

Lowkey The illest contract ever. Cash Money / Young Money are essentially there to put their logo on the back of the album...literally as primitive as that sounds, that's how much imput they have on Drake's career. He does nothing with them. When he wants to put out an album, he goes straight to Universal.

That's why it's always funny to me when people say Drake should leave Cash Money :lol: it's like he basically already is. He doesn't even get paid by them.

This makes a lot of sense now that you mention it. Source?

This thread is too much. 
laugh.gif

This makes a lot of sense now that you mention it. Source?

There's a plethora of sources out there and I would link you to a few but I've literally been following Drake's career closely since like 07 so most of it I just remember from either reading or being told in passing from 07 to now. In particular there's an interview Drake did with westwood pre TML about his label situation.

This next stuff is simply my opinion though :lol:

Cash Money is a big front. And what I mean by that is that when people sign to them, it's not like an actual label that puts artist out. It functions as a tax write off for Baby and co. When people sign there they may get funded with videos and **** like that, but they don't get paid. They are essentially indie artist on the label and whoever catches fire with a buzz off their independent wave gets to be put out. No different with Drake except when he signed to the label he had so much weight and pull that he could structure his deal however he wanted. His 2nd deal with them which was done in like 2012 is where he really cashed out at. The first deal was really good except he wasn't getting paid all that much. The new deal he signed was incredible and CM is almost non existent on that. Essentially, CM is there simply out of loyalty and they aren't in Drake's pockets at all virtually.

I guess Wayne ain't popping like that no more so he subject to the strong arm like everybody else :lol:

A lot of labels are out here doing this tho. They want you to have some buzz, a hot single circulating or something before they drop your album, look at angel haze she went against the grain and leaked her **** and sold like less than a 1,000 records :x

I honestly thought Wayne was one of those dudes with enough die hards to pull up from wherever and still flourish even if he ain't what he used to be, apparently Birdman and co. think otherwise :lol:

I wonder how many more albums he owe them, I'm sure that has something to do with it as well.

You are so wrong

Universal is the distributor. They push the albums out in stores, keep record details, some promotion etc

They give baby and the label say 100 million for so and so albums plus some points (money) off each record sold. Universal profit off each cd sold as well as they may own some royalty

Baby pays Drake whatever it is out of the 100 million dollars plus Drake probably get $1 for each cd sold. Baby probably getting $4 off each cd sold. Universal probaby getting the rest

This may not be exact but this is roughly how it goes depends on contract but universal does not pay Drake they are just a distributor

Last edited:
Don't believe that about drake label situation. Personally don't care but birdman ain't doing some **** like that

Back
Top Bottom