WATCHMEN Movie Thread: Directors Cut is out (updated: deleted scene)

This is honestly going to be one of the most beautiful movies I've seen in a long time, which is perfect for this type of movie. I really can't waitI'm driving two hours to go see this in iMax, it should be the best movie I've ever seen. Straight up Watchman > Batman...well actually Watchman =Batman but the movie should be better.

I wonder if they're going to put in the dude reading the pirate comic near the newstand

yeah, thanks for the sarcasm. i meant, are they going to actually put parts of him reading the comic

Going through the pics again, they put so much into it. Doesn't look like they missed a thing from the main plot.

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

Going through the pics again, they put so much into it. Doesn't look like they missed a thing from the main plot.
^ I agree. I doubted Zack for a second. I wasn't a huge fan of the 300 film so I wasn't sure what route he'd take this film in. Butafter looking at the clips and screens, I can't help myself but to get ridiculously excited. Dude put so much detailed, its truly fascinating. Onlydownside is....

Spoiler [+]
No giant squid
indifferent.gif

I'm guessing because of the budget...maybe. I just wish it was in the film. Regardless, I can't complain much. Maybe I'm asking for too much
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CWrite78

yeah, thanks for the sarcasm. i meant, are they going to actually put parts of him reading the comic
It'll be an animated featurette in the DVD

THE END IS NIGH

The tales of the Black Freighter & Under The Hood are going to be released on DVD on March 24th.

I think the general public will think it's "just another superhero movie"...but that won't be the case.
I guess you didn't see my post (no biggie) cause I said basically the same thing. I wonder how thats going to effect how cats like the moviethough.

Originally Posted by alcapone

What time period is this held?

--Its an alternate reality of 1985. Nixon is president and the United States and Russia are at the height of its Cold War.

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

Originally Posted by alcapone

What time period is this held?

--Its an alternate reality of 1985. Nixon is president and the United States and Russia are at the height of its Cold War.
Wow sounds great, I'm downloading it now... I hope it lives up to the hype.

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

The guy who played Leonidas will be voicing the main character in that animated feature also.

Yea I heard about that I can't to see it.

I really hope they show the scene of Rorshach killing the gangster in jail before they break him out I always found that part funny
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

I think the general public will think it's "just another superhero movie"...but that won't be the case.
I guess you didn't see my post (no biggie) cause I said basically the same thing. I wonder how thats going to effect how cats like the movie though.

I think people that dont know the source material will still wanna check it out. The 1st previews I saw got me amped. and at that time I didnt know a thingabout Watchmen. The part where Dr. Manhattan 1st got his powers is a powerful scene visually. When I saw that I was like "yo I gotta check thisout!"

Since no one seems to care about spoilers, here's more pics:

(fake pic but would have been awesome)

wmpr08ma26ri4.jpg

wmpr08ma25wm4.jpg

wmpr08ma28ti1.jpg

laurieto4.png

watchmenmadd440x5687250zk4.jpg

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]Never heard bout this movie until July 19th, can somebody sum up this movie?[/color]

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]Don't know the background but it looks like it'll be ill....Hope the IMAX version is like TDKand not like TDTESS[/color]

Back
Top Bottom