WATCHMEN Movie Thread: Directors Cut is out (updated: deleted scene)

Originally Posted by Ryda421

this movie will open people's mind, especially since it has to do with the times of today.
-smile
No its very much of its time reflective of both geopolitical climate of the Cold War and of the Post-Crisis deconstruction of the superhero. Itsthemes of choice and the definition of good and right are univeral and that's what makes it such an enduring story. If you wanted to read a storythat's very much of the current zeitgeist, I'd say Final Crisis has come the closest so far.

Ive been looking forward to this movie for a year now...i cannot wait. Im anticipating this movie more then i was the Dark Knight.

Originally Posted by RFX45

wmpr08ma15yf7.jpg
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yep!! count me in!!!! .......been waiting forever for this to finally come to fruition!

For those who haven't read the novel, I do think it would help to read it before the film. ....Also, having some prior knowledge of the cold warenvironment of the 80's would help, but not essential. As Falcon4567 already stated, it is the enduring story of good vs evilthat really drives it's theme!
pimp.gif

Also, is that Carla Gugino pictured above? .....I didn't know she was in it! ....one of the sexiest of all time!
devil.gif

I'm not going to lie I didn't know anything about it till I saw the trailer before Dark Knight. I bought the comic off the strength of it and Ican't wait but I think cats that haven't read the comic are going to be surprised when they see what its really about though. Anybody agree?

midnight show at the sony imax in ny sold out. I have tech 20 tickets for me and my friends.

I am almost done with the novel and its incredible

Can't wait.

The graphic novel was amazing, and so far the movie looks promising.

Movie look to be entertaining.
About to start reading the novel.
looking likes a big opening week at the box office for watchmen

--I have read the graphic novel over 20 times. The movie looks ON POINT.
--Cant wait till March 6!!

Oh man I will be there opening night catching this. Maybe dressed up as Rorschach who knows
laugh.gif
jus playin. But really im also more pumped for this than TDK.And to those wondering if they should read the novel before the movie I say yes. I think it'll make the movie more enjoyable. Yeah you might know whathappens but it'll be tight to see the way he portrays all of the bad @%* scenes from the book. Plus its short and real easy to read so you'll flythrough it. Someone throw up a "Who Watches the Watchmen" sig
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

Originally Posted by Ryda421

this movie will open people's mind, especially since it has to do with the times of today.
-smile
No its very much of its time reflective of both geopolitical climate of the Cold War and of the Post-Crisis deconstruction of the superhero. Its themes of choice and the definition of good and right are univeral and that's what makes it such an enduring story. If you wanted to read a story that's very much of the current zeitgeist, I'd say Final Crisis has come the closest so far.

embarassed.gif
i guess I had it wrong. thanks for the suggestion
pimp.gif

I was completely underwhelmed by the graphic novel, but Im still really looking forward to the movie
Im dressing up as Dr. Manhattan
I need to holla at Carla Gugino asap! She's worth the price of admission.

Back
Top Bottom