Watching Kobe lose his legs UNappreciation!

<Lakers probably the best organization in sports man..>

Don't be stupid! Jerry Jones built a $1.2 billion stadium and used over $750 million of his own money. The Lakers aren't even worth $750 million. They're worth $600 million.

Whatever. I find it more fascinating seeing Kobe dominate with his basketball savvy and smooth flowing movements than I do seeing him spring-boarding over 7 footers.

Kids these days and the whole Lebron generation where everyone of his fans expect everything handed to them and their # 1 player & idol.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by StackJaxx

Not as bad as it was for mike. trust me.

Mike's 95-96 season at the age of 32 > Kobe's 31 year-old life

yeah because mike at 32 didn't have nearly as much nba millage on his lakers as kobe at this point does.   kobes been in the league since he was 18 and getting significant minutes since he was 19.  mike missed almost the entire 85/86 season,  the entire 93/94 season and most of the 94/95 season so he didn't have as much wear and tear on him as kobe does.

not making this a mj>kobe  or kobe>mj argument but im stating something that needs to be said.

lastly i find it funny how dudes are getting ready to have a mini orgasm in their pants over the lakers falling off again.  funny how some people get more excited over another teams potential failures then their own teams success.

LOL, Mike was the #1 option and had to do everything for his team since the first minute he stepped on an NBA floor. Kobe had the luxury of playing with a deep Lakers team, where he wasn't even the team's #1 shooting guard until his third year and didn't become his team's #1 player until 04-05 after Shaq left. He had all those years playing with a prime Shaq to take the pressure of him.

You want to talk about mileage? Watch those series against the in the late 80s Pistons and the Knicks in the early 90s.

yeah because mike at 32 didn't have nearly as much nba millage on his lakers as kobe at this point does.   kobes been in the league since he was 18 and getting significant minutes since he was 19.  mike missed almost the entire 85/86 season,  the entire 93/94 season and most of the 94/95 season so he didn't have as much wear and tear on him as kobe does.

not making this a mj>kobe  or kobe>mj argument but im stating something that needs to be said.

lastly i find it funny how dudes are getting ready to have a mini orgasm in their pants over the lakers falling off again.  funny how some people get more excited over another teams potential failures then their own teams success.

LOL, Mike was the #1 option and had to do everything for his team since the first minute he stepped on an NBA floor. Kobe had the luxury of playing with a deep Lakers team, where he wasn't even the team's #1 shooting guard until his third year and didn't become his team's #1 player until 04-05 after Shaq left. He had all those years playing with a prime Shaq to take the pressure of him.

You want to talk about mileage? Watch those series against the in the late 80s Pistons and the Knicks in the early 90s.

I agree, but X you better than that.  Don't let the hate cloud your thinking.  To act like Kobe has no mileage is just silly.  Luxury of playing with so and so don't have nothing to do with being 1B and playing deep into the playoffs year after year.

Like someone said it's a simple thread about Kobe losing his legs, *which he hasn't lost much compared to a year or so ago dude is injured* so keep it that.

SMH at people talking like Kobe is done

Seeing Allen Iverson one of your idols turn in to a sympathy vote is heartbreaking, That wont happen to Kobe even WHEN he in decline.

What's that got to do about mileage? ..because the series was hard, physical close games and he has to do everything?? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jbone2308

Xtapolapacetl wrote:

Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers wrote:

Xtapolapacetl wrote:

StackJaxx wrote:

I agree, but X you better than that.  Don't let the hate cloud your thinking.  To act like Kobe has no mileage is just silly.  Luxury of playing with so and so don't have nothing to do with being 1B and playing deep into the playoffs year after year.

Like someone said it's a simple thread about Kobe losing his legs, *which he hasn't lost much compared to a year or so ago dude is injured* so keep it that.

Luxury of playing with someone who was constantly double and triple teamed means nothing? Nothing? You're telling me that ALL those 200-300 games Kobe played next to prime Shaq compared to ALL those games in the late 80s/early 90s Mike played where he was by far the main focus of the opponents defenses essentially had the same impacts on the mileages of the two players? And you're telling me that I am the one who has clouded thinking?

And I wasn't saying that Kobe has no mileage, I was just putting it in the context against Jordan's mileage. Kobe wasn't nearly as pounded as Mike was in the late 80s/early 90s, partly because he had Shaq to take the pressure off him and partly because the defense he faced was less physical due to the not so defense-friendly officiating they introduced by the early 00s.

I notice the past 2 years he's dunking less and less. Its smart, everybody gets old(he's not there yet). He's still got a great 3 years left in him then the Lakers will build around Bynum.

I notice the past 2 years he's dunking less and less. Its smart, everybody gets old(he's not there yet). He's still got a great 3 years left in him then the Lakers will build around Bynum.

DAYTONA 5000 wrote:
Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Just signs of the imminent downfall of the Lakers
pimp.gif
Kobe will retire, Phil Jackson will retire, and then who will save you then? Shannon Brown? Soon you guys will be just as irrelevant as the Warriors!
happy.gif
pimp.gif
I can't wait until the Lakers are irrelevant
smokin.gif

The Lakers are too popular to become irrelevant, but they will dip back into mediocrity again. I am looking forward to those days  
pimp.gif

Kobe losing his legs makes me appreciate his game even more, considering he is still very effective and considered in the top 2 players in the L.

He's gunna be in the league for at least 5 more years.  He's far from losing his legs.  What are you guys basing this on?  His stats? 

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by BIG SIPPIN SPENDIN CHEESE

Originally Posted by CP1708

DAYTONA 5000 wrote:

smokin.gif

60 years and you still waiting dude.........

It's never going to happen, we aren't like the Celtics, we may miss one year, and then we are back to competing.  It will ALWAYS be that way.  So get over it already. 

lol yall were really runnin the west from 1992-1996

laugh.gif
4 years?  That's all you got. 

There's not a lot to debate, the Lakers have been one of sports better organizations in terms of replenishing talent and having a short transition between eras, they'll be just fine, they'll always get the big name FA's who would love to play for LA.

the 93-94 season was the only year we didnt make the playoffs in those 4 years...oh yehh we've only missed the playoffs in 5 years btw...these haters can keep praying for us to be irrelevant...its funny how a celtic fan of all people wishes this
laugh.gif
...a fan of a team who took them 22 years to win a championship...keep waiting homie
wink.gif

as far as kobe goes....yall acting like hes done...yes hes lost his explosiveness to the basket but dude is still a top 2 player right now...obviously hes a banged up right now but he'll get healthy eventually

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Seriously though it is sad to see a great player begin to decline.� Age is undefeated though
Even though they ended up losing this game, this is one of my favorite Reggie moments of all time; watching him defy age.

http://www.youtube.com/v/WBhC1gMTsc8&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/WBhC1gMTsc8&hl=en_US&fs=1&
....and then the NBA proceeds to make 1st round series 7 games instead of 5, and they haven't been as entertaining since.

Last series that was as entertaining was the Bulls/Celtics.

Oh there they go. There they go, every time we start talkin 'bout Kobe Bryant a hater got to pull Michael Jordan out their ***. That's their one, that's their one. Michael Jordan!!! Michael Jordan!!!  Let me tell you something once and for all.  Michael Jordan was good, but compared to Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan ain't sh*t.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

DAYTONA 5000 wrote:
Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Just signs of the imminent downfall of the Lakers
pimp.gif
Kobe will retire, Phil Jackson will retire, and then who will save you then? Shannon Brown? Soon you guys will be just as irrelevant as the Warriors!
happy.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif

The Lakers are too popular to become irrelevant, but they will dip back into mediocrity again. I am looking forward to those days  
pimp.gif

the same way your bulls dipped into mediocrity after jordan left?
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom