Washington Wizards 2013 - 2014 Season Thread - Thanks for a great season!

Where will the Washington Wizards finish this season?

• Out of the playoffs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In 8th place.

• In 7th place.

• In 6th place.

• In 5th place.

• I'm delusional and believe the Wizards will finish in 4th place or higher.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad we dodged that Javale McGee bullet.

That playoff series when he first got to Denver had people thinking he was the latest Wizard defect turned star.

Not.

Last edited:
Would have rather done nothing then this honestly.
why didn't we actually look into aaron brooks?

Look, I'd be the first to celebrate shipping Jan Vesely out of town, but this was the wrong move.  

One day Andre Iguodala was in here, posted right in this thread.  I said, "Iggy, you used to hang out with Andre Miller.  Just between me and you, how old is Andre Miller?"  He said, "Hey, Andre Miller's 137 years old.  137 years old."

Not only is he 137 years old.  Not only is he disgruntled, but he's also taking up $5 million next season.  Now, first of all, we could've picked up Aaron Brooks today.  We could've picked up Jarrett Jack.  We could've picked up Steve Blake.  We could've taken Roger Mason, Jr. for free.  We could've signed a free agent and exiled Maynor to the D League.  

Why we decided to get into a bidding war with Flip Saunders for 75 year old Andre Miller is beyond explanation.  

This is exactly why I wanted to stand pat.  We're now minus a draft pick and we've ADDED $5 million in salary next season for a guy who's on social security - all to clean up ANOTHER Ernie Grunfeld blunder.  This madness must end.

Well said - basically how I feel about it. The level of incompetence Grunfeld has displayed in his tenure is genuinely incredible. That protected pick and Okafor in some kind of package could have netted some combination of Blake, Pau, and Jordan Hill.
Oh, well - at least Maynor is gone. Now we just have to hope Miller isn't all the way washed up, AND has an additional season in him after this one. :smh:

I'm just glad Maynor is gone. Son was giving us absolutely NOTHING off the bench.

Wall and Beal playing terribly. I wish we had a better coach who would demand more of them. Sometimes it seems like they're allowed to just go out there and do whatever

Great pass by Wall to Nene!! Wiz win :pimp:

I woulda been pissed if we lost another game to a bad team. I'm worried about Cleveland tomorrow

John came up clutch 
pimp.gif

Glad he stopped settling for his usual late game jumpers and drove to force the attention of the defense

NAYNAY!!!! Beautiful pass by Wall

Funny Cuz nene would've been blamed for the loss
For the missed free throw and the foul on AD

Andre looked pretty good tonight. His defense is bad but he is infinitely better than Maynor and Temple on offense.

He had a couple plays where you could really see his veteran skills, the full court assist to Beal was beautiful

Good win. Now we wait and see what's going to happen with Nene. I have a bad feeling that he'll be out for like 3 weeks :smh:

they're saying torn ligament on Twitter :x

this makes me despise Jan Vesely even more, ZERO development from him and now he's gone when we need length. We're stuck with undersized Booker now

Like Jan Veseley was going to step in and do something other than make a few hustle plays, have one double digit rebound game every 10 games, and a couple highlight dunks that people will gas up and claim they "see his potential".

I'll be shocked if he's on a roster in October.

Last edited:
Great pass by Wall to Nene!! Wiz win :pimp:

I woulda been pissed if we lost another game to a bad team. I'm worried about Cleveland tomorrow
was at the game on Fri, great pass by Wall to see Nene at the last second :pimp:

There is a fear among some members of the Washington Wizards that Nene is done for the season with a torn ligament in his left knee, although the team won't know for certain until the Brazilian big man meets with team doctors and has an MRI exam on Monday. According to a person with knowledge of the situation, "It doesn't look good."

Link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom