Walmart To Raise Minimum Wage

Prices about to go up. :smh:

Will be never understand people wanting these kind of jobs to be potential career fields.

Prices about to go up. :smh:

Will be never understand people wanting these kind of jobs to be potential career fields.

Walmart is the largest employer in our country the last time I checked. See any structural problem in the economy based on both of our comments?

Lily carter must be ecstatic.
mr_chang_senor_chang_laugh_spits_milk.gif

They are still going to limit the amount of hours that people work and keep it under 20 per week so they don't have to provide them any insurance or anything. Nothing but a publicity stunt. Their shelves are still understocked. I refuse to purchase anything there.

me and my family really dont go there as much if at all anymore tbh.

used to be a great store but its meh now. especially the ones in my area, i live in a very nice and clean area and for some my walmarts have the dirtiest people ever in them which is kinda of gross. where they come from i have no idea. Ill go to the big kroger down the road and its all normal people.

yea idk :lol:

I'm classy, so I shop at Target but this is pretty accurate with how the few Wal-Mart's I've been to have been. 300 employee's BS'in on the floor and they only have two registers open. :smh:

View media item 1409847

you forget the 10 items or less lane with some old lady handling the register and she's slower than a snail.

Last edited:
I guess if you consider needing tax payer $ to make up the difference in wages(via welfare) and healthcare(Medicaid) flourishing.

"Walmart workers cost taxpayers $6.2 billion"
http://www.forbes.com/sites/clareoc...t-taxpayers-6-2-billion-in-public-assistance/

What the, I wasn‘t even going to. But they buy goods from other businesses like Durex and KY Jelly and stock shelves with giant bottles of Shampoo.

These people that work are better than those that ask for money and produce nothing. I am sure you get my point...

Don't forget that the cost to produce products in China has increased substantially over the past 3 years.

I've always found it funny though that Walmart is the whipping boy for "Corporate Greed" when Amazon actually pays their stock people less than Walmart. Not to mention Apple makes more per employee than any other corporation in the world. Why doesn't anyone complain about them? Last I heard, they pay Apple store employees something like $11-12/hr.
What has Walmart done to not be the public whipping boy though?

Apple makes that much per employee because they have ridiculous successful products. Valve makes a crazy amount per employee, they claim even more than apple, but that once again is a result a crazy successful product.

Mentioning at store employee makes no sense to me, how saying that Apple pays their employees $3-4 more, for a similar job in better work conditions help your case?

And I agree that Amazon has a lot of scumbag practices. But the company goes out of their way take care of their customers. So at least the have done some things to foster some good will.

What has Walmart done really?

-Anyway, I dunno why anyone would waste a vowel defending a company like Walmart. You argument sounds like when a student gets called out for talking in class and they respond "other people were talking too". Yeah, umm, so what?
I made close to $20 at apple when i worked their

I work at a hotel and my minimum wage is $15 an hour Lol. I just got a 24 cent raise this year. Plus I make tips. So I can't hate on WalMart.

Target closes at midnight so unless I really need something I can't get at Walgreens I'm not going to Walmart.

i don't even hit Walmart after 12am....**** like a weird horror flick....so many odd people

We need the government to step in and deal with the ever growing incoming inequality in the U.S. 

This increase in wages will have negligible effects on Walmart's profits and was likely done for their benefit. 

We need the government to step in and deal with the ever growing incoming inequality in the U.S. 

This increase in wages will have negligible effects on Walmart's profits and was likely done for their benefit. 

lets do it! Raise my taxes so I can support more of you. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom