WALE Debut Single OUT NOW! Feat Lady GaGa - Chillin CDQ OUT

Yall dudes go in
laugh.gif
...but this is pretty average...

It's aight, I think we'll see much better from him on the drop though. Mixtapes are fire though, don't even lie.

Hate is the new love.....but i think this is like past hate for Wale and the record...

Like im confused...Ill go on Hiphopdx and see great reviews, then go on Hiphopgame and see good reviews...then come on NIketalk and see _'s givin horriblereviews..

Like im sooo confused about this internet $!!% ....

its pretty obvious he's reaching for that mass appeal.

problem is duke's core audience isn't standing on solid footing....

i dunno anyone outside NT dudes that know him in the NYC area like that...

I'm getting sick and tired of this new formula of throwing on these MIA/Santogold/GaGa types on the hook. SLU was dope, Brooklyn was alright, Chillin'is just annoying.

Originally Posted by illphillip

I was surprisingly unimpressed. I expected much more.

Having a Lady Gaga feature won't get you Z100 etc. They're playing enough Lady Gaga already. They don't NEED to play another record with her on it. The track still needs to be STRONG.

Hopefully I'm wrong. I wish him the best.

Exactly.

Originally Posted by Untitled

Last time Wale was in NYC, he sold out Highline Ballroom plus a ton of people got turned away....I doubt those were all NT heads. He'll dofine.

Seems like Cudi stole a little bit of shine with all that melodic stuff he throws out there...which has that crossover appeal + kanye co-sign.

Originally Posted by JD161616

Last time Wale was in NYC, he sold out Highline Ballroom plus a ton of people got turned away....I doubt those were all NT heads. He'll do fine.

Seems like Cudi stole a little bit of shine with all that melodic stuff he throws out there...which has that crossover appeal + kanye co-sign.
mmmMmm.....perhaps, but like i said, he's really not connecting with the goons out here, maybe a feature with a NYC staple like fab, jada,etc. is due.

Last time Wale was in NYC, he sold out Highline Ballroom plus a ton of people got turned away....I doubt those were all NT heads. He'll do fine.

mmmMmm.....perhaps, but like i said, he's really not connecting with the goons out here, maybe a feature with a NYC staple like fab, jada, etc. is due.
@!$% "goons"
Music is music.
If it's nice it's nice.

And when he came out to LA he had Xzibit, Warren G, and Bishop Lamont up on stage wit em.
Pretty "goonie" if you ask me.

mmmMmm.....perhaps, but like i said, he's really not connecting with the goons out here, maybe a feature with a NYC staple like fab, jada, etc. is due.
Those "goons" don't buy albums. That's why nobody in New York is popping right now.

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

I like it, OG is better but it makes sense from a business standpoint, looking forward to the album.
pimp.gif

They looked like lurkers tho!
laugh.gif

prolly some NT lurker, Bapetalk heads for Cudi, and industry heads, prolly 1/3 split each easy
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by marath0n

@!$% "goons"
Music is music.
If it's nice it's nice.

And when he came out to LA he had Xzibit, Warren G, and Bishop Lamont up on stage wit em.
thats fine and dandy for your region, but if you tryin to pop off in NYC, how about link up with some NYC artist....homie's buzz is nonexistent out here and we

ain't that far from DC.

its a damn shame when i hear MORE OJ da juice man in the 5 boroughs then Wale
laugh.gif

i ain't kickin dirt, duke is ok...but lady gaga? only time imma here his joints i guess is when i go shop in footlocker/journeys and its on the store DVD.

Originally Posted by marath0n

@!$% "goons"
Music is music.
If it's nice it's nice.

thats fine and dandy for your region, but if you tryin to pop off in NYC, how about link up with some NYC artist....homie's buzz is non existent out here and we

ain't that far from DC.

its a damn shame when i hear MORE OJ da juice man in the 5 boroughs then Wale
laugh.gif

i ain't kickin dirt, duke is ok...but lady gaga? only time imma here his joints i guess is when i go shop in footlocker/journeys and its on the store DVD.

Your right though New York !!@*!$ don't know this dude...

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

^unless you can personally contact the man, they were all handed out during promo.
He still passing them out so im willing to bet there was ALOT printed up...he need to give the Nt hook up
nerd.gif

Damn man everyone i ask about Wale they be like "ehhhh i dont know about him, BUT YOU HEARD ABOUT ____insert new up & coming artist____" . imrooting for him but he need to come harder & these yes'men in the lab gotta stop cosigning.

Im checking for Asher & CH more then him...at least they had Brooklyn Girls & Lark On My GoKart...Turn it Up Wale
tired.gif

my boy Modi over at dctobc.com is giving out Chillin tees, but he has sort of a little contest goin for them.

As far as the single - I feel like they threw it out there just to test the waters and get feedback. See if it picks up in the mainstream. Depending on theresponse, he would either move forward with a video and full fledged promo or he would hold back and revamp the formula. I think that's why the only timeframe we're getting for the album is "Summer." This dude has the industry's biggest players supporting him, so there's no doubt he'llcome up with some fire...

as far as "goons" supporting him...I don't think you're ever gonna hear Wale talking about pushing weight or whatever...

Back
Top Bottom