WALE Debut Single OUT NOW! Feat Lady GaGa - Chillin CDQ OUT

Originally Posted by jorrdanfan23

i just heard this on Hot 97...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

That reminds me, wack @*@ E-bro was at the NY concert.

Aite i understand on niketalk like some ppl like it..few people love it..and some people dont like it at all

but i was thinkin like if the internet was as hot as it is NOW back wen Eminem came out with "My Name Is" +$#%#% woulda been like get this rapperoutta here...even tho the hook was catchy

im not comparing the two rappers but I personally $%!% wit the record and think ppl should just Wale play out and see wat single he comes out after this andhear the album
Cuz i kno when i heard Eminems first CD i was like damn he had serious music on his album..but his first single was just his introduction

Im jus sayin lol

^ shoot and a miss with that whole post

you pretty much air balled

chillen isnt that good,

Lol ha shoot and miss tho
I mean u get what im sayin tho??
Like was Em's "My name is" that great of a first single then wen it came out that u wuld be like "dang his cd gonna be sickk"??

I didn't like the song . . .
I see what he was TRYING to do . . .
I just don't see WHY he did it . . .

Still lookin forward to the album . . .

Won't be surprised if this signle does decent on the Billboard Charts

Originally Posted by VicRain24

Like was Em's "My name is" that great of a first single then wen it came out that u wuld be like "dang his cd gonna be sickk"??
Actually, that single made me want to buy that album. Nice try though
grin.gif

Aite i understand on niketalk like some ppl like it..few people love it..and some people dont like it at all

but i was thinkin like if the internet was as hot as it is NOW back wen Eminem came out with "My Name Is" +$#%#% woulda been like get this rapper outta here...even tho the hook was catchy

im not comparing the two rappers but I personally $%!% wit the record and think ppl should just Wale play out and see wat single he comes out after this and hear the album
Cuz i kno when i heard Eminems first CD i was like damn he had serious music on his album..but his first single was just his introduction

Im jus sayin lol

Trash...Dudes gonna have to switch his style to cross over to catch those radio ears..everybody should know by now the radiosmass audience isnt trying to hear no punchlines or witty over the head metaphors...Im not knocking Wale...dude got a couple tracks...but hes shaky,his flowisnt prime yet and hes not in the same boat as your average new artist coming up..its sad you have to do this but if you wanna stick around your gonna have todumb it down some..word to Lupe

How about no...this song is trash. Wale isnt going to make you a rapper...so hop off.

Originally Posted by VARISOXFAN

How about no...this song is trash. Wale isnt going to make you a rapper...so hop off.

wow thats a lot of hate.
laugh.gif
son is alot better than most new artist comingout by far....who else is touching him???? pls say kid cootie??? and out of all the new dudes out hes the only one i hear on steady basis...charles hammy is aBUM..asher roth is trash... kid cootie sux and hes a geek so what new artist u talkin bout??? santogold
grin.gif
?? only on that can keep up is drake other than that u just prolly dont like himor u just hating...

Originally Posted by chatta718

wow thats a lot of hate.
laugh.gif
son is alot better than most new artist coming out by far....who else is touching him???? pls say kid cootie??? and out of all the new dudes out hes the only one i hear on steady basis...charles hammy is a BUM..asher roth is trash... kid cootie sux and hes a geek so what new artist u talkin bout??? santogold
grin.gif
?? only on that can keep up is drake other than that u just prolly dont like him or u just hating...
huh

Do you even know what you talking about?

How and why would you categorize her in the same subject...
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Untitled

Originally Posted by JD161616

its pretty obvious he's reaching for that mass appeal.

problem is duke's core audience isn't standing on solid footing....

i dunno anyone outside NT dudes that know him in the NYC area like that...
Last time Wale was in NYC, he sold out Highline Ballroom plus a ton of people got turned away....I doubt those were all NT heads. He'll do fine.

Seems like Cudi stole a little bit of shine with all that melodic stuff he throws out there...which has that crossover appeal + kanye co-sign.
mmmMmm.....perhaps, but like i said, he's really not connecting with the goons out here, maybe a feature with a NYC staple like fab, jada, etc. is due.
who cares about the goons??the fake thug era is over...he makes songs so he will sell

mmmMmm.....perhaps, but like i said, he's really not connecting with the goons out here, maybe a feature with a NYC staple like fab, jada, etc. is due.
who cares about the goons??the fake thug era is over...he makes songs so he will sell
although I get the point you're trying to make (you can get your music heard without drug/gun references) but mob movies and "thug"rap will always be around.

Originally Posted by RIPyzyz

wow thats a lot of hate.
laugh.gif
son is alot better than most new artist coming out by far....who else is touching him???? pls say kid cootie??? and out of all the new dudes out hes the only one i hear on steady basis...charles hammy is a BUM..asher roth is trash... kid cootie sux and hes a geek so what new artist u talkin bout??? santogold
grin.gif
?? only on that can keep up is drake other than that u just prolly dont like him or u just hating...
huh

Do you even know what you talking about?

How and why would you categorize her in the same subject...
tired.gif
for the slow ones...im talking about what NEW artist is gonna compare to him?? i said santogold because its not any NEW RAPPERS touchinhim....hope i fufilled UR obligation..so thats the how and why johnny
grin.gif

still don't make sense. two seperate audiences in general. no chance of stepping on each others toes so why compare them... while we' at it let'scompare chester french and freck billionaire.

Eminem already had a followin from the wake up show freestyles...PLENTY of people were awaiting duke's arrival...so you can't you theelement of surprise.

Originally Posted by JD161616

its pretty obvious he's reaching for that mass appeal.

problem is duke's core audience isn't standing on solid footing....

i dunno anyone outside NT dudes that know him in the NYC area like that...
Last time Wale was in NYC, he sold out Highline Ballroom plus a ton of people got turned away....I doubt those were all NT heads. He'll do fine.

Seems like Cudi stole a little bit of shine with all that melodic stuff he throws out there...which has that crossover appeal + kanye co-sign.
cuz "thugs" as you call them still own all the creditability as far as mic presence and superiority ....if he can't even hang withbench warmers like JR writer, hell rell, or seasoned Vets like

jadakiss, styles P killa cam, etc. then whats the point of rapping if you tryin to be the best that you can be?

if he's just making things so he can "sell" he maybe will successful as far as dude they play radio..but he'll never be a People's champlike killa cam or gucci mane, max B, fabolous, etc.

wow thats a lot of hate.
laugh.gif
grin.gif
they dont have to be better then him you dolt, Asher Roth has more buzz then him, more people are looking for Roth then Wale...I cant STAND KidCudie or whatever his name is, but guess what? He has more buzz and more people are looking for his stuff then Wale, who has been around for like 4 years andhasnt evolved or put out a song worth talking about since Dig Dug, his stuff all sounds the same since then...and that was 4 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom