Wale Approaches Raptors Announcer After Being Made Fun Of At Wizards Game

It's sad that this is what he chooses to take offense to with everything that goes on in the world :smh:. The way the announcers handled him actually approaching them was the way he should have handled announcers TALKING about him. L all across the board.

The Toronto Raptors are trying to make things right with rapper Wale ... after Wale and the team announcer got into serious beef at last night's game ... TMZ has learned.

Wale -- the Grammy-nominated artist behind the 2009 mega-hit "Chillin"-- confronted Raptors announcer Matt Devlin at the game in D.C. last night ... after Devlin made a comment on the air about how Wale is, "Not Drake, that's for sure."

Wale took the comment as an insult -- and tweeted to Devlin, "Watch your mouth." The rapper then approached the broadcasting booth and yelled a few words at Devlin. It's unclear what he said.

But now, a rep for the Raptors tells TMZ ... Matt was NOT trying to diss the rapper, but his comments were "meant to be making fun of himself for not knowing who Wale is, especially a Grammy-nominated artist with more than 2 million Twitter followers."

The rep says, "It’s a shtick that Matt and our analyst do consistently to poke fun at the fact neither is pop culture savvy."

The Raptors say Matt " feels badly that Wale may have felt he was making fun of him."

The team adds, "We have reached out to Wale’s management group to see if we can turn this into a positive. We’d like to have him join Matt on the broadcast when we return to Washington at the end of March."

We reached out to Wale -- so far no word back.
roll.gif
I actually used to like this song, but then he went MIA from the mainstream scene after that.

Last edited:
Dude's music is decent. Would rather listen to him than guys like Keef Chief and Future and dudes like that. His reaction over this was a bit much. The hate dude gets here is comical though. No matter what his reaction was, there would have been a thread full of hate here.

yea, he didnt handle that right at all, i wouldve just ignored it honestly, wale has to have an inferiority complex because he makes way more money last year than that commentator did in the past 5 years so that alone would have my head in the clouds

yea, he didnt handle that right at all, i wouldve just ignored it honestly, wale has to have an inferiority complex because he makes way more money last year than that commentator did in the past 5 years so that alone would have my head in the clouds

Gonna second this. Devlin and Leo are a bunch of clowns but Wale should've just let it slide. He should not have been trash-talking with Rudy Gay to begin with. Dude should conduct himself properly at public events.

Lose-lose for Wale.

If he didn't do anything, I'm sure most of you would still call him a *****.

Last edited:
NT really hates Wale
I thought it was jokes before but yall really got a vendetta against bruh

Wale is a sensitive *** dude but y'all got waaaayyyy to much hate in your heart for this man.

These Wale hate threads are more lame than him . :smh: :lol:
I believe that if you are attracting negative energy it is your fault. But seriously.. anytime Wale is mentioned, people come out hating as if he did something to them personally. For Wale to be in the position he's in, there are obviously more people who like him than people who don't. But those who don't are always an extremely vocal and butthurt minority.

He's basically risen to fame before our eyes, from when he started posting on NT up until where he is now (bigtime radio singles, Grammy-nominated, etc) yet instead of seeing inspiration in that the same people are trying to tear him down. And I guarantee they're exactly where they were in 2006 (sitting in front of their computers)

Dude is waaaaaay too emo. Being in the public eye, criticism comes with the territory. Dude needs to grow up, stop the "amateur night" antics.

Back
Top Bottom