• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
obviously the plus has better features but i dont like the bigger notch in the front... s10 has 1 camera hole and the plus has 2 camera holes so it looks like a pill and takes up slightly more of the screen... also its a bigger phone in general i like the more portable joint in the s10... the s10e is too small i saw it in person... just my opinion though... different strokes for different folks

Spend the 100 bucks man and be good for 3 years stop playing :lol:

hold strong my Note brothers
:rofl:
Screenshot_20190307-211113_Google.jpg

bruh reading all these stories got me itching but ain't no way I'm breaking. This note 8 gonna hold me down until August.

the plus is a great phone... im not going to sit here and knock it because its a better phone than the s10... i just want a smaller phone in general... for me personally i dont care for the extra screen size, battery or extra selfie camera... the plus is better than the s10 for only a 100 more i agree but i just like the more compact version in the s10.... i also dont like the bigger notch in the plus lol with the pill looking camera in the front

My S10 got in last night, so I've had it 24 hours or so. Can't give my full eval right now, but I hate the in-screen fingerprint sensor. It's slow af, so I'm using the facial recognition as the primary way to unlock the phone. Some people are saying removing the factory screen protector helps, but verdict is mixed right now. Coming from an S7 Edge, this honestly isn't that big of an upgrade. It's a lot smoother running some apps (especially Google Maps), but it otherwise feels the same. Gave One UI a few hours, but I went back to Nova as I almost always do.

Got the Galaxy Buds along with it, but I'll probably just throw it up on eBay.

You pressing and holding? You're supposed to touch and release.

Skip to 1:30

I want to buy the S10 just to put a Wall-E background on it.. one of my favorite movies and my dog's name.

The S10 looks great... I really like the idea of being able to use it to wireless charge, that's a great feature to me. Hope everyone is enjoying theirs so far.

I'm still not able to remap bixby

Check the Galaxy Apps Store to see if you have an update for Bixby.

I didn't even end up bothering to put anything on the single-press; I'd rather just make it do nothing until I get around to using one of those ADB remapping apps for real control.

Took me about a day to get the hang of the fingerprint sensor but now it unlocks easily.

Havent got any update yet either.

At first I was having hella issues, main thing is pressing your entire finger over the sensor.

I still need to remap Bixby

Last edited:
was just going to post this. Seems super fast this way.

You pressing and holding? You're supposed to touch and release.

Skip to 1:30

Trust me famz. I've seen every S10 video out there and read every thread on XDA and reddit. This "trick" doesn't work. Tap and let go, it'll tell you to hold your finger onto the screen longer. Scanned both thumbs twice and same results.

Trust me famz. I've seen every S10 video out there and read every thread on XDA and reddit. This "trick" doesn't work. Tap and let go, it'll tell you to hold your finger onto the screen longer. Scanned both thumbs twice and same results.

Dang that's unfortunate. Have you tried other devices in store to compare? Maybe yours is a lemon?

I'm gonna go to T-Mobile to check out the S10e later today. I wonder how that fingerprint sensor is.

I'm telling yall..

I wasnt convinced at first but after trying it over the course of a day I rarely have an issue pressing the fingerprint sensor on first attempt now.

It takes a specific press but once you muscle memory that ***** it works flawlessly.

It's not so much tap and let go..

It's more push your entire thumb down over the sensor solidly and then let up. No need to hold it down, just a firm press does the trick

According to Flossy's review the tempered glass protector does work with the fingerprint sensor. Just have to do it over after installing. That's good to know.

wait, i just have to know. do y’all think the Note 10 will have the hole punch? or is it fully “notchless”

I know most of us are using Textra but I've been using the default Messages app and I like it so far. Only thing I miss is being able to customize each contacts texting thread

Haven't had the chance to do the Messages on Web stuff yet but I'll be trying to get that going soon

Note 10 & 11 probably going to have the hole punch. They'll eventually get rid of the headphone jack and the biggest thing is going to be how they incorporate the front facing camera into a completely 'bezelless' screen.

Back
Top Bottom