• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I actually said the same thing. The iphone 5 is beautiful, the S3 feels cheap compared to it.
iOS is Apples shortcoming imo. Hardware wise they got everything down. Not just their mobile devices but even the computers. I was anti Macbook for the longest until I got one. I still think it's ridiculously overpriced but the design of is is :pimp:

Aesthetically no one is touching Apple. Some say Nokia is close, I don't agree but different strokes for different folks.

[COLOR=#red]If I wanted aesthetics I'd be a chick that shops at Forever 21, H&M, and Anthropologie. Now if we talking sports cars maybe.

Are you guys fingering your phones or are you sending and receiving messages and calls? Don't tell me you want to be cute in front of other people with your devices :x[/COLOR]

Last edited:
I actually said the same thing. The iphone 5 is beautiful, the S3 feels cheap compared to it.
iOS is Apples shortcoming imo. Hardware wise they got everything down. Not just their mobile devices but even the computers. I was anti Macbook for the longest until I got one. I still think it's ridiculously overpriced but the design of is is :pimp:

Aesthetically no one is touching Apple. Some say Nokia is close, I don't agree but different strokes for different folks.
Thank you.

Apple design is second to none, period. iOS is still leagues behind Android, but that's a different rant. This clown Elder talking about how great plastic is, yeah, its durable and great for the trash I put in it. Go to any tech site, read reviews on Android hardware design, same thing "cheap plastic feel". I'm pinning for Apple? Who's the one with the iPad, in both threads, playing both sides of the field? I see you. Literally, I do, that damn red font :rolleyes

Last edited:
Thank you.
Apple design is second to none, period. iOS is still leagues behind Android, but that's a different rant. This clown Elder talking about how great plastic is, yeah, its durable and great for the trash I put in it. Go to any tech site, read reviews on Android hardware design, same thing "cheap plastic feel". I'm pinning for Apple? Who's the one with the iPad, in both threads, playing both sides of the field? I see you. Literally, I do, that damn red font :rolleyes

I was surprised to see Elder getting at you actually lol. I usually see you talking down on Apple. :lol:

I do agree
Apple's aesthetics>>>>>___________.

But iOS is booty. :x

Note: I still love my GS3. Even if people are criticizing the material it's made out of. :\

-Drew

Last edited:
I read one thing in that rant.. how good the One X design is.. I know that's the Android device you own too 
laugh.gif

I also know one thing about Boost.. he hates all samsung products 
laugh.gif
 funny the One X and the S3 are both made from the same **** though   polycarbonate.. the only difference is the S3 has that hyperglaze over theirs.. so if the S3 feels doodoo then the One X gotta feel doodoo 

But one thing I can agree on the iPhone does feel very well made and the material used do feel "premium" if you will.. but with that said the phone is small and the OS is still doodoo I can't just like what I'm looking at that thing gotta run good for me to use it

I can't be the only one to like the S3 straight up.. that **** feels too good in my hands naked

Last edited:
Thank you.

[COLOR=#red]Okay so I bought 5 iPads in a 5 month period including 2 64GB iPad 3's. But I bought them for me and my family so we could keep in touch via Facetime and for educational purposes for the little ones. But that was because of the support iPad has from the developer community... Not because of a aesthetics or design. Function over form yo. [/COLOR]

Last edited:
Y'all some funny dudes. I like great industrial design but at the end of the day if the software is bad the experience is bad. Just how jousuha toplosky said in his review apple has great design aesthetic but when it comes to mobile os software they arent trying much to improve or change anything about iOS.

Look at the Nokia 820 its a great design phone it to uses polycarbonite plastics. But really design well, may not have the industrial aluminum & glass body. But Nokia really design it from the software (winphone8).

This is also what Matias durate is trying to accomplish. Design the software around the hardware and vice versa. He did that with the Palm pre and WebOS, and the Nexus 7.

Example of design with hardware and software. Is with the Galaxy Nexus and Google Now. If you swipe from the bottom edge and up you access Google Now. That's the type of thinking we should be looking at. Its so subtle and you notice the simple gesture you make.

Google doesn't need to follow the path of Apple in terms of hardware design. That's how you get sued for patent infringements. *cough* Samsung.

The iphone is great to look at from a design standpoint. But when I helped my mom find a new phone she held it in her hands for 30 seconds and hated the feel. Showed her the Galaxy Nexus and it just felt better.

It could be made out of ivory and diamonds for all I care, but if it doesn't feel good in the hands then I don't care. Obviously we might be in the minority, but plastic is fine with me

And a lot of people put cases on their phones anyways.. so the quality of your phones all become the same with the plastic case you're putting on that thing anyway lol

I still think the Nexus One physicly has one of the best build quality and feel to it. Still one of my favorite phone

Thin as a pencil too...:smokin

Last edited:
And a lot of people put cases on their phones anyways.. so the quality of your phones all become the same with the plastic case you're putting on that thing anyway lol

This. People gawk at the new design and love the way it looks etc then proceed to throw some bulky *** case on the damn thing and it looks like doo doo. What's the point? I always go naked on all my phones, i hate cases. I owned an iphone 4 for two years and never used a case, sold it a couple days ago and it looked brand new still. After selling it i only paid $100 for my new nexus from google and ditched at&t in the process saving me $40 a month on my bill :pimp:

Last edited:
I still think the Nexus One physicly has one of the best build quality and feel to it. Still one of my favorite phone
Thin as a pencil too...:smokin

[COLOR=#red]:smokin I still have mine and believe it or not the screen is still great, even by today's standards. OG Nexus FTW!!![/COLOR]

I miss my Nexus One 
frown.gif
 I gave it to my moms 
roll.gif
 because she wanted it.. I couldn't say no to momma. I wasn't using it anyway, so I said eff it

I still have mine and believe it or not the screen is still great, even by today's standards. OG Nexus FTW!!!
ReplyQuote Multi 0 ReplyQuote Multi 0

I still remember comparing mine to my friends Iphone 4 when it first released and thinking to myself how much better and sleeker my Nexus One was....

I miss my Nexus One I gave it to my moms because she wanted it.. I couldn't say no to momma. I wasn't using it anyway, so I said eff it

I still cant beleive I sold mine in order to get money and get the Mytouch 4G.... :smh:

[COLOR=#red]Seems like the Verizon iPhone 5 is able to accept Nano Sim cards from any GSM network worldwide and it will access HSPA+ . It's pretty much unlocked. This from Engadget. I always wanted that capability on my GSIII. When I was scheduled to go to Afghanistan this summer I was going to use the Roshan network on my phone but Verizon's Sim on the GSIII is only for LTE.[/COLOR]

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/21/verizon-iphone-5-unlocked-att-t-mobile-video/

[COLOR=#red]Okay so I bought 5 iPads in a 5 month period including 2 64GB iPad 3's. But I bought them for me and my family so we could keep in touch via Facetime and for educational purposes for the little ones. But that was because of the support iPad has from the developer community... Not because of a aesthetics or design. Function over form yo. [/COLOR]

I hear you man, and I agree with function over form. But I'm just saying I really like Apples design. Not so much the 4 and 4s but the two toned back and materials they used on the 5 looks damn good to me

Question for those that use prepaid or have used prepaid plans. I'm currently in Los Angeles with the $30 Tmobile plan and wanted to know if i'll still have service throughout the United States. The plan is unlimited data, text, and 100 minutes. I'll be in Texas and Mississippi for several months starting early next year and wanted to know if i'll be good to go without having to change anything. Will i have to change my number to a local area code of where i'll be? Thanks.

Question for those that use prepaid or have used prepaid plans. I'm currently in Los Angeles with the $30 Tmobile plan and wanted to know if i'll still have service throughout the United States. The plan is unlimited data, text, and 100 minutes. I'll be in Texas and Mississippi for several months starting early next year and wanted to know if i'll be good to go without having to change anything. Will i have to change my number to a local area code of where i'll be? Thanks.

You should have no issues or have to change anything while traveling inside the states.

You should have no issues or have to change anything while traveling inside the states.

Alright cool, thats what i thought but wanted to verify. I hit up the tmobile support chat to see if i could get some info from them and the bish said i had to change my number if i go to another state :lol:.

Back
Top Bottom