Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
laugh.gif
 @ the apple maps problem.. 
mean.gif
 and some fools are still talking about it doesn't matter if our maps suck we'll still sell 100M phones the map problem won't get in the way of none of that 
mean.gif

crazy how apple got these guys.. completely accepting doodoo 

I'm all for personal preference but got damn.. you admitted the **** sucks but then go on about it doesn't matter it's going to sell regardless the map problem isn't going to mean nothing... *****
im saying... i just dont see how people can be so content at something they throw so much money at.. "well i paid $500 and it does what i need it to do".. "why would i need this and that".. shouldnt you ask for the best for your money, get the most for what you paid for?
word.. I get it does the stuff you need it to do.. but when you say crazy stuff like yeah so what if this sucks our phone will still sell more than any other phone why does it matter 
laugh.gif

And it's funny because I was just like most of them
roll.gif
 I wouldn't give any other phone/os whatever a chance when I had the iPhone.. first day release had every new iPhone up until the 4 that I was so hyped on and disappointed once I got it.. **** maybe I just got tired of iOS or the tiny screen cause I got some big hands.. that's when I bought the captivate and that was it..

[h1]Samsung Galaxy Note II for Sprint hands-on[/h1]
By Edgar Alvarez posted Sep 20th 2012 8:28PM

Hands-On

All we know so far is that it's possibly coming to US shores at some point in November, but the good news is that Sprint brought along one of the world's most famous phablets to a press event in New York City and, better yet, we got to play with it for a little while. Yes, we're talking about the Galaxy Note II. Looks-wise, the Now Network's flavor of that 5.5-inch behemoth hasn't exactly changed much from the unit(s) we landed our hands on when it was first unveiled to the world, meaning there's no "Sprint" branding anywhere to on the plastic shell -- at least for now, and, frankly, we kind of hope it stays this way. With that being out of the picture, the oversized handset looked as shiny as ever in its Marble White attire, which is the only color Sprint was happily showing off for the night. And while this particular Jelly Bean-loaded Note II was capable of running on the carrier's new LTE network, we weren't able to test out out data speeds due to matters out of our reach.

On the software side of things, we didn't notice any major hiccups worth pointing out, with the experience being rather similar to the one during our first encounter with Sammy's second-gen Note -- or, in other words, it felt very, very snappy and overall great. That said, the carrier, as it did with the Galaxy S III, looks to be pre-loading the device with some of its own applications, including ones such as Sprint Zone and other third-party apps like Polaris Office 4. Naturally, we popped the obvious question to Sprint of when we could expect the device to legitimately become part of its lineup, to which the carrier told us that it'd be sometime "this holiday season." For now, it looks like the hands-on gallery below will have to suffice, but you can be sure we'll let you know as soon as we find out the official release date.

Via The Verge
Maybe you'll call me an Android fanboy for saying this, or maybe it's because much of my business utilizes Google apps and its communication tools, but it didn't take me very long with the iPhone 5 to start thinking about getting back to the Galaxy Nexus and Jelly Bean (Android 4.1). For what I do, I think it's a more effective, more elegant, and more powerful OS right now. What it may lack in polish and consistency, it makes up for in power and flexibility.
Excerpt from the Verge's iPhone 5 review.

Via The Verge
Maybe you'll call me an Android fanboy for saying this, or maybe it's because much of my business utilizes Google apps and its communication tools, but it didn't take me very long with the iPhone 5 to start thinking about getting back to the Galaxy Nexus and Jelly Bean (Android 4.1). For what I do, I think it's a more effective, more elegant, and more powerful OS right now. What it may lack in polish and consistency, it makes up for in power and flexibility.

I feel the same way... although I think Android is a more beautiful platform than most people give it credit for, iOS has fallen pretty far behind in terms of power and flexibility. Duarte's doing his thing in Mountain View, so the next version of Android should be even more polished than it is right now. It just needs some good hardware.

I almost switched you guys :frown:
Got to the VZW and about to upgrade, they wont let me do it because I forgot to add myself as an account manager. Oh well, it's good news because I didn't really want it that much to begin with, was just going to hold me over until something else came out.

Turns out the HTC phablet is still in the works, read that it's supposed to come out in November for VZW with some other phones as well.

Leaked Verizon roadmap includes HTC Droid Incredible X, LG Spectrum 2, and many more
Posted: 21 Sep 2012, 02:55, by Nick T.Categories: T-Mobile AT&T Verizon Nokia Samsung Windows LG BlackBerry HTC Android Release dates Bookmark
Share:Discuss13

Well, well, look what someone was kind enough to slip under the door this morning! Thanks to a tipster of ours, we now have a long list of upcoming Verizon smartphones, and to our delight, some pretty exciting specimens are present on it, along with specs and projected release dates.

To start, the HTC Droid Incredible X, which we've been hearing about recently, is listed as a device with a 5-inch display and a quad-code processor. In other words, this really might turn out to be the first "phablet" on the carrier's Droid lineup. The document also mentions the smartphone's model number, ADR6435LVW, and the presence of 4G LTE connectivity. If everything goes according to plan, the Droid Incredible X should launch in November.

Next up we have the rumored LG Spectrum II, which is a rebranded version of the LG Optimus LTE II. Thanks to previous leaks, we kind of know what that smartphone is going to look like. Specs include a 4.7-inch screen (most likely of the TrueHD kind), a dual-core processor clocked at 1.5GHz, 8-megapixel camera, NFC, 2,150mAh battery, and Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich out of the box. Expect seeing the LG Spectrum II land on Verizon shelves in early October.

In addition, Verizon will be giving Windows Phone another shot by launching three WP8 smartphones. The Samsung ATIV S, the Nokia Lumia 920, and the HTC Windows Phone 8X are all listed on the leaked roadmap, with November penciled as a potential release time frame.

Waiting for RIM to release a new, exciting smartphone? Verizon appears to have a BlackBerry 10 full touchscreen handset in its plans, but it won't be out earlier than Q1 of 2013. The smartphone we are most likely dealing with is the BlackBerry 10 device that leaked just days ago.

Some less exciting smartphones that are present in the roadmap include the Samsung Stratosphere 2, which we've already heard about already. Rumor has it that the smartphone will offer a large Super AMOLED Plus display, 8-megapixel camera, and a dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor. But most importantly, the handset will sport a slide-out QWERTY keyboard, for folks who still can't figure out on-screen keypads. The smartphone is expected to launch later this month.

The Pantech Breakout is to be replaced by the Pantech Perception, yet the latter's hardware specs are not yet known. There is a couple of ZTE tablets scheduled to launch before Q3 is out – a 7-inch and a 10-inch model, but the latter might have been cancelled already.

Of course, don't forget that some of the information above may be inaccurate as it has been provided by an unofficial source. On the other hand, our tipster has provided us with reliable intelligence before, so we have a reason to trust them. Which one of the devices we mentioned are you most excited about? Let us know in the comments!

Thanks for sending this in!

UPDATE: The Motorola DROID RAZR HD is scheduled to launch in the middle of Q4, according to the leaked document. The Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD is also penciled for a November release.

Last edited:
Maps-icon-of-iOS-6-gives-wrong-direction.jpg

It just works guys...

I also wish Apple released their phones in the dead of winter. Lulz would be had at the expense of the iNerds in the rain, snow, and freezing temps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Verizon finally rolling out Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean for the Galaxy Nexus

galaxynexusjb_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg

Google announced Android 4.1 Jelly Bean back in June and released it for the unlocked GSM Galaxy Nexus a few weeks later, but Verizon's version has remained stuck on Ice Cream Sandwich. However, with very little fanfare, the carrier finally released the latest version of Android to Galaxy Nexus users. This comes just a few weeks after Sprint updated its own Galaxy Nexus and Nexus S hardware to the latest version of Android — Verizon's a little late, but the Galaxy Nexus is still getting Jelly Bean a lot faster than some handsets on the market. Verizon has put up a PDF with all the details on the 146MB update on its site, so check your phones now — the update should be rolling out any time now

If you would like to try to force the update, try this set of instructions:

1. From your phone, head into Settings>Apps>All.
2. Search for Google Services Framework.
3. Once found, tap on it and choose “Force stop.”
4. Then choose “Clear data.”
5. Back out of Apps to your About page in Settings and check for the System update.

Stay Jelly my friends.

[COLOR=#red]Congrats Verizon!!! Late to the party, but at the party indeed. Now I guess my Verizon GSIII will get Jellybean roughly one week before Key Lime Pie is released :lol: . Hooray!!![/COLOR]

Via The Verge

I feel the same way... although I think Android is a more beautiful platform than most people give it credit for, iOS has fallen pretty far behind in terms of power and flexibility. Duarte's doing his thing in Mountain View, so the next version of Android should be even more polished than it is right now. It just needs some good hardware.
Yes, the Nexus does, but more importantly, it needs DESIGN.

All nexus phones are designed by candybar companies it looks like. I want Google to design the phone, NOT Samsung, HTC, Moto or even Sony.

Yes, the Nexus does, but more importantly, it needs DESIGN.
All nexus phones are designed by candybar companies it looks like. I want Google to design the phone, NOT Samsung, HTC, Moto or even Sony.

The curve glass from the Nexus S and GNEX are google designs, the Nexus 7 was design by google, but yeah I understand where you coming from.

[COLOR=#red]Blah, design is overrated. How many more ways can you design a rectangular device built mostly around a screen. Y'all dudes wants sequins and ish? Let me find out y'all bedazzling y'all phones.

What these phones need is battery innovation coupled with more efficient hardware to minimize battery consumption , and continued software innovation. They are doing fine as is in the design department .[/COLOR]

Last edited:
From my blog http://thekillermeteor.wordpress.com/2012/09/21/the-beautifully-designed-iphone-5/
Good morning,

Something I’ve been thinking about. After seeing the iPhone 5 today, this is without a doubt the best looking phone on the planet, hands down. The shape, the feel, the quality of material, it just screams high quality. It screams elegance, photogenic, beautiful for heaven sakes. Apple somehow made the gorgeous looking 4S even better with the 5. Google could REALLY learn a thing or two, hell even three about design. It just sucks that every Nexus device looks like crap, plastic crap. Just all one color, a slab, It feels cheap and like an after thought. Design should NEVER be an after thought. It should be progressive, especially with a great mobile OS.

What Google lacks, and Apple excel is hardware design. What Apple lacks, and Google excel is software design. Here is to hoping the next Nexus (or whatever Google device lands stateside) will have better hardware design, and not cheap plastic from [insert manufacturer here]. Also beef up the internals, and stop getting out shined by your competitors. The Nexus should be the iPhone of Androids, the creme de la crepe. It should have great hardware and software design…from Google. Not one or the other. It should use high quality materials, and not from your trash bag or coke bottle. If you’re gonna pay X amount of money for a phone, you want it to be of a high spec. I credit Apple for that, they just GET design, inside and out. As a graphic designer, certain things matter to me, the feel, shape or material elements. They way it captures attention, light or just general curiosity. Also as a mobile designer, I want my visual flair to be just as good as the phone it is on. This just hits home to me. I can only think of 1 good looking – designed Android phone, the HTC One X. It’s by far the best build, material quality and easily ahead anything else out there for Android, but still not in the iPhone 5 territory.

Google, wake up. You have zero excuses. Design is just not the OS, it’s the phone too.

/rant.

[COLOR=#red]^^^Get outta here with that crap. Plastic is the most versatile and durable material for these devices. Do you want a device or a freaking museum piece. Glass is brittle and breaks, even the Silicate glass that Corning uses with Gorilla glass. It's good enough for the screen, but ludicrous for the backing of a device (iPhone 4 and 4S). Metals tend to scratch, dent, and bend, and in the case of the Aluminum used in the iPhones you almost have to have a protective case for it because Aluminum marks easily (as is the case with the original iPhone, the iPads, and the iPhone 5). The new Nokia Lumia line is BEAUTIFUL from a design standpoint (probably one of the better looking phones out) and they are using plastics. This dude wants an Adamantium smartphone and ish, or he aint satisfied :lol:

LOL@ Google wakeup...the fugg you think is happening? Google has woken up back in 2008 with Android and are sitting back watching as phones branded with iterations of their OS is challenging Apple and winning on many fronts. The HTC One X and the Galaxy lines are doing well, not to mention the Razr line for those who like Motorola. And I thought I was bi-polar by loving Android phones, but not their tablets, preferring the iPad instead. You seem to support Android, but are still pining for Apple :rofl:[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom