Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
laugh.gif

The Nexus 7 is the best 7 inch tablet you can buy hands down, Google play has its apps and ecosystem, but when you compare what Amazon is doing with its ecosystem movies, apps, games and trying to offer tablets in all types of price points and sizes with 4g lte...Google losses at those offerings. Not saying Google can't put that into their own approach when selling tablets, but hands down amazon just has better approach when selling to consumers into a ecosystem.

Ill still be getting a NEXUS 7 Though.

The Nexus 7 is the best 7 inch tablet you can buy hands down, Google play has its apps and ecosystem, but when you compare what Amazon is doing with its ecosystem movies, apps, games and trying to offer tablets in all types of price points and sizes with 4g lte...Google losses at those offerings. Not saying Google can't put that into their own approach when selling tablets, but hands down amazon just has better approach when selling to consumers into a ecosystem.

Ill still be getting a NEXUS 7 Though.

I was really considering on getting the Nexus 7 .. but the lack of expandable memory is making me think twice. I would most likely go with the 16 gig model if anything.

Taking a look at the Kindle HD now as well, larger screen for a couple bucks more. But I would rather have an Android powered device ...

Last edited:
I was really considering on getting the Nexus 7 .. but the lack of expandable memory is making me think twice. I would most likely go with the 16 gig model if anything.
Taking a look at the Kindle HD now as well, larger screen for a couple bucks more. But I would rather have an Android powered device ...

except it is android. ICS actually.

except it is android. ICS actually.

its based on android but has a heavy amazon skin

its based on android but has a heavy amazon skin

You can of course hack it and wait for devs to root and through in clean vanilla jelly bean ROM. However the experience of jellybeans is really something you will be amazed by it'd zippy performance. Its fast. Keep in mind the kindle fire will not be having expandable storage. Getting a jellybean tablet from another OEM with the SD slot might be your solution. Honestly they suck especially the skin just bogs the whole experience of moving quickly to navigate. I got my mom Samsung 7 inch tab 2. I was thinking maybe the slow processor but its not (Ti omap chip) is good. Touchwiz just sucks.

Like I've said the best 7 inch Tablet is the nexus 7.Amazon just offer a better ecosystem IMO.

This. Looking for a .zip to download and boot from but no luck :smh:

Try this method to force push the update
Settings> apps> scroll to “All apps" > look for Google Services Framework Go in there and FORCE STOP IT AND CLEAR DATA.

You might have to do this numerous times if it doesn't work keep trying to push a update. Make sure your on WiFi too.

Last edited:
guess not

Got this from Google Groups, might be worth trying:

I got the solution for this problem now after searching various forums.

You can fix this problem without resetting it to factory state.

What you do is simply to open your youtube applikation > press menu > and then log in with your google/youtube account (your gmail).

This will add your google account to the phone and it will syncronize it with the phone.

If it does not automatically sync, go to settings > accounts and syncronization and syncronize it.

You should now be able to use market and all your google apps without any problems now! :smile:

Last edited:
guess not

Got this from Google Groups, might be worth trying:

I got the solution for this problem now after searching various forums.

You can fix this problem without resetting it to factory state.

What you do is simply to open your youtube applikation > press menu > and then log in with your google/youtube account (your gmail).

This will add your google account to the phone and it will syncronize it with the phone.

If it does not automatically sync, go to settings > accounts and syncronization and syncronize it.

You should now be able to use market and all your google apps without any problems now! :smile:

thank you...an actual answer other than "oh you got a old phone get a new one" :rolleyes :rolleyes........

Try this method to force push the update
Settings> apps> scroll to “All apps" > look for Google Services Framework Go in there and FORCE STOP IT AND CLEAR DATA.
You might have to do this numerous times if it doesn't work keep trying to push a update. Make sure your on WiFi too.

I'll work on that when I get home today from school/work.

Thanks. Hopefully the update comes soon. If I find a .zip elsewhere though, I'll be sure to post it here.

just ordered a galaxy nexus off ebay

my body is ready for pure android.

tired of htc sense

Chinese company uses leaked photos to copy, patent iPhone 5 design
By: Brad Reed | Sep 5th, 2012 at 01:40PM 165 Comments Filed Under: Legal

goophonei5-e1346844941772.jpeg

Memo to Samsung (005930): Now this is how you get away with copying Apple (AAPL)! GizChina reports that a Chinese manufacturer has used leaked photos of Apple’s next-generation iPhone to slap together a quick knockoff of the device called the Goophone I5 and release it before Apple has a chance to launch the genuine article later this month. What’s more, the company has actually patented the knockoff design in China and is poised to sue Apple if it launches the next-generation iPhone in China later this year. For any Chinese readers who are interested in buying a not-quite-iPhone, GizChina says that the Goophone will feature “a Nvidia Tegra 3 quad-core 1.4Ghz CPU, 1GB RAM, Android 4.0 ICS with an iOS 6 theme, 8 megapixel rear camera and a 4-inch screen with an impressive retina display resolution of 1280 x 720.”

not a damn given :lol:

China is shady as hell. No innovation whatsoever on their part. All they do is make knockoffs of everything.

Chinese company uses leaked photos to copy, patent iPhone 5 design
By: Brad Reed | Sep 5th, 2012 at 01:40PM 165 Comments Filed Under: Legal

goophonei5-e1346844941772.jpeg

Memo to Samsung (005930): Now this is how you get away with copying Apple (AAPL)! GizChina reports that a Chinese manufacturer has used leaked photos of Apple’s next-generation iPhone to slap together a quick knockoff of the device called the Goophone I5 and release it before Apple has a chance to launch the genuine article later this month. What’s more, the company has actually patented the knockoff design in China and is poised to sue Apple if it launches the next-generation iPhone in China later this year. For any Chinese readers who are interested in buying a not-quite-iPhone, GizChina says that the Goophone will feature “a Nvidia Tegra 3 quad-core 1.4Ghz CPU, 1GB RAM, Android 4.0 ICS with an iOS 6 theme, 8 megapixel rear camera and a 4-inch screen with an impressive retina display resolution of 1280 x 720.”

not a damn given
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom