Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by INFAMOUSERROR

[h3]BootManager Allows You To Install Up To 5 ROMs On One Device, Flashaholics Rejoice[/h3]
Not content to wait for manufacturers to get in to shape and update our phones to the latest and greatest versions of Android, most of us here at Android Police have had a brush with a number of custom ROMs in the past.

Whether it's the latest version of Cyanogen or a more obscure mod, there is always a ROM floating around on my phone, and until now I've always had to uninstall one before installing the other. Fortunately, that's about to change thanks to a new application on the Market called BootManager.

This article deals with a couple of advanced topics. If you’re unfamiliar with some of the terms, hit up our primers here:
With BootManager installed, you will be able to install up to 5 ROMs at any one time, and choose which you want to boot from when you switch on your phone. This means that you can keep a stable release of your favorite ROM installed whilst installing the latest nightly release and checking out all the cool features that will make their way in to the next stable version.

BootManager is currently available for the HTC Evo 4G, and in order for BootManager to work its magic on your phone you will need to make sure that it's rooted first. According to the application description it should also work on other devices, but they aren't fully supported so you may have to do some tweaking along the way.

BootManager is available on the Market for $2.99, and if you want to give it a try then you can download it right now. If you're planning on multi-booting your phone, be sure to let us know how you get on in the comments, too!

BootManager

[table][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][/table]

[img]http://chart.apis.google.com/c...arket://details?id=com.drx2.bootmanager[/img]

BootManager
NEW

by Init 2 Winit Apps

500 downloads, 66 ratings (4.1 avg)

$2.99
/www.appbrain.com/images/star_grey.png");">
http://www.appbrain.com/images/star_grey.png");" class="GIJLQ3BBO">

Install

Source: Androidpolice.com

pimp.gif

[h3]BootManager Allows You To Install Up To 5 ROMs On One Device, Flashaholics Rejoice[/h3]
Not content to wait for manufacturers to get in to shape and update our phones to the latest and greatest versions of Android, most of us here at Android Police have had a brush with a number of custom ROMs in the past.

Whether it's the latest version of Cyanogen or a more obscure mod, there is always a ROM floating around on my phone, and until now I've always had to uninstall one before installing the other. Fortunately, that's about to change thanks to a new application on the Market called BootManager.

This article deals with a couple of advanced topics. If you’re unfamiliar with some of the terms, hit up our primers here:
With BootManager installed, you will be able to install up to 5 ROMs at any one time, and choose which you want to boot from when you switch on your phone. This means that you can keep a stable release of your favorite ROM installed whilst installing the latest nightly release and checking out all the cool features that will make their way in to the next stable version.

BootManager is currently available for the HTC Evo 4G, and in order for BootManager to work its magic on your phone you will need to make sure that it's rooted first. According to the application description it should also work on other devices, but they aren't fully supported so you may have to do some tweaking along the way.

BootManager is available on the Market for $2.99, and if you want to give it a try then you can download it right now. If you're planning on multi-booting your phone, be sure to let us know how you get on in the comments, too!

BootManager

[img]http://chart.apis.google.com/c...arket://details?id=com.drx2.bootmanager[/img]

BootManager
NEW

by Init 2 Winit Apps

$2.99

Install

pimp.gif

Just rooted my Evo 3d................S-OFF BOI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now the wait for MIUI, Cyanogen or someone to make an AOSP like ROM.

Just rooted my Evo 3d................S-OFF BOI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now the wait for MIUI, Cyanogen or someone to make an AOSP like ROM.

damn ... i was planning on keeping my evo for a lil while longer ... w/ the limited on board memory and it slowing down on me ... i may have to upgrade ASAP and implement that Bootmanager program ... i been using Fresh Rom for a minute but i would like to try some other ones ...

damn ... i was planning on keeping my evo for a lil while longer ... w/ the limited on board memory and it slowing down on me ... i may have to upgrade ASAP and implement that Bootmanager program ... i been using Fresh Rom for a minute but i would like to try some other ones ...

I heard that T-Mo employees can push updates to customers. If that's true, anyone wanna push Gingerbread to my G2??

I heard that T-Mo employees can push updates to customers. If that's true, anyone wanna push Gingerbread to my G2??

to all the sgs4g users..

krylon360 just dropped an official gingerbread ROM on his twitter.

twitter.com/krylon360

that means CM7 is not so far away.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

to all the sgs4g users..

krylon360 just dropped an official gingerbread ROM on his twitter.

twitter.com/krylon360

that means CM7 is not so far away.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 504 D1 Prospect

BootManager

BootManager
NEW

by Init 2 Winit Apps

$2.99

Install

pimp.gif
rardpf.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 504 D1 Prospect

BootManager

BootManager
NEW

by Init 2 Winit Apps

$2.99

Install

pimp.gif
rardpf.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

One thing that I really like about MIUI that CM7 lacks is that built in back up function.
Boost what music app is that?
Tell me why I'm just finding out that CM7 uses the JL3 modem, I always thought and partially assumed it was JK4 since that seems to be the standard.
30t6p3b.gif

One thing that I really like about MIUI that CM7 lacks is that built in back up function.
Boost what music app is that?
Tell me why I'm just finding out that CM7 uses the JL3 modem, I always thought and partially assumed it was JK4 since that seems to be the standard.
30t6p3b.gif

yo nt, help a brotha out

so i broke my boys screen.
(evo 4G)

my boy at the sprint store said their new policy changes and now not all cracks can be replaced. are there other places in NYC that fix broken screens.. i dont wanna do the 100$ protection thing from sprint since its my boys phone and he doesnt have insurance

yo nt, help a brotha out

(evo 4G)

my boy at the sprint store said their new policy changes and now not all cracks can be replaced. are there other places in NYC that fix broken screens.. i dont wanna do the 100$ protection thing from sprint since its my boys phone and he doesnt have insurance

Originally Posted by Clevereddie

yo nt, help a brotha out

(evo 4G)

Well you`re screwed...........

Do like i did
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120757884873&ssPageName=ADME:L:EOISSA:US:1123

This LITERALLY sold 15 minutes and 3 seconds after i put it online.............Bur if your boy doesnt have insurance, it doenst matter anyway.

What you should do is put it on another line that has insurance or add insurance to the phone if you havent already called sprint.  Call them in a week or two and let them know that you dropped it down the sewer or left it on the train/airplane or something...........and use the money from the ebay auction to pay for it.

My phone had a bad ESN and the screen was HELL.................i didnt include the memory card nor the charger/box, and they still bought it
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Clevereddie

yo nt, help a brotha out

(evo 4G)

Well you`re screwed...........

Do like i did
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120757884873&ssPageName=ADME:L:EOISSA:US:1123

This LITERALLY sold 15 minutes and 3 seconds after i put it online.............Bur if your boy doesnt have insurance, it doenst matter anyway.

What you should do is put it on another line that has insurance or add insurance to the phone if you havent already called sprint.  Call them in a week or two and let them know that you dropped it down the sewer or left it on the train/airplane or something...........and use the money from the ebay auction to pay for it.

My phone had a bad ESN and the screen was HELL.................i didnt include the memory card nor the charger/box, and they still bought it
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I have a BB right now and it has served me well but there is a buy one get one free for the X2 and I'm new to android. Can anybody give me some quick pros and cons on the X2. That would be greatly appreciated.

I have a BB right now and it has served me well but there is a buy one get one free for the X2 and I'm new to android. Can anybody give me some quick pros and cons on the X2. That would be greatly appreciated.

Thinkin about gettin the Motorola Photon 4G on Sprint... Id MotoBlur still laggy? I had the Backflip when it first came out & it sucked.

Thinkin about gettin the Motorola Photon 4G on Sprint... Id MotoBlur still laggy? I had the Backflip when it first came out & it sucked.

Back
Top Bottom