• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yea bro dude bluffed me on my phone for litterally a month saying they were waiting for them. Then he tried to sell me his friends used phone or some BS. Finally I got pissed as hell and he sent me like 100 bucks back off the 250 I sent him previously. He claimed he worked for wirefly but me and some wirefly chick called him on 3 way. Me and her set him up and dude didn't know any answers to the questions she asked. So I don't know where he really works but avoid him. For every happy customer he has 30 unhappy ones. Another dude pm'ed me saying he was also bluffing him for weeks about his phone.

Yea bro dude bluffed me on my phone for litterally a month saying they were waiting for them. Then he tried to sell me his friends used phone or some BS. Finally I got pissed as hell and he sent me like 100 bucks back off the 250 I sent him previously. He claimed he worked for wirefly but me and some wirefly chick called him on 3 way. Me and her set him up and dude didn't know any answers to the questions she asked. So I don't know where he really works but avoid him. For every happy customer he has 30 unhappy ones. Another dude pm'ed me saying he was also bluffing him for weeks about his phone.

[h1]CM7 Final Available for All CM-Supported Devices[/h1]
April 11, 2011   By: egzthunder1

Over the last few weeks, we have been talking about the new Release Candidates for the infamous CM7. It looks that as of today,  XDA member cyanogen and the team behind CyanogenMod have deemed the release stable enough to get it out of RC status and put it out as a Final release! Of course, it will depend a lot on what device you currently have, but it looks like the new final release came packed with tons of goodies since the last RC4, which was out for a little over a week. Among many things, the devices will now have Tablet tweaks, which basically will allow non-tablet users to emulate certain things that can only be found in tablets (like playing with the position of the status bar), tons of language support additions, and best of all a fix for compcache, which according to the dev is
Compcache (compressed caching) is, in short, virtual swap, setting aside a certain percentage (usually 25%) of your RAM as ‘compressed’ swap. Compcache compresses the data that would normally go to swap, then moves it back into RAM, and reverses the process when moving it out of the ‘compressed’ swap. However, this is a classic space-time tradeoff. You effectively get more RAM from the compression, but it is slower than ‘normal’ RAM due to the CPU time required to compress and decompress the swapped pages.

This effectively allows you to have a bit more RAM at the expense of a little bit of speed. Not necessarily useful for newer devices, but for those running devices with more limited RAM, this is a great tool to have available.

As mentioned before, there are various other tweaks and fixes that are device-specific. So, if this is itching and your ORD just kicked in from reading this article, make sure that you give it a try. Make sure you follow the proper installation instructions to get the most out of the build.

There are various CM threads spread throughout the site, but take a look in here if you have an EVO.

Want something published in the Portal? Contact any News Writer.

Thanks the_scotsman for the tip!

About to try it out, I've only used MIUI so far

[h1]CM7 Final Available for All CM-Supported Devices[/h1]
April 11, 2011   By: egzthunder1

Over the last few weeks, we have been talking about the new Release Candidates for the infamous CM7. It looks that as of today,  XDA member cyanogen and the team behind CyanogenMod have deemed the release stable enough to get it out of RC status and put it out as a Final release! Of course, it will depend a lot on what device you currently have, but it looks like the new final release came packed with tons of goodies since the last RC4, which was out for a little over a week. Among many things, the devices will now have Tablet tweaks, which basically will allow non-tablet users to emulate certain things that can only be found in tablets (like playing with the position of the status bar), tons of language support additions, and best of all a fix for compcache, which according to the dev is
Compcache (compressed caching) is, in short, virtual swap, setting aside a certain percentage (usually 25%) of your RAM as ‘compressed’ swap. Compcache compresses the data that would normally go to swap, then moves it back into RAM, and reverses the process when moving it out of the ‘compressed’ swap. However, this is a classic space-time tradeoff. You effectively get more RAM from the compression, but it is slower than ‘normal’ RAM due to the CPU time required to compress and decompress the swapped pages.

This effectively allows you to have a bit more RAM at the expense of a little bit of speed. Not necessarily useful for newer devices, but for those running devices with more limited RAM, this is a great tool to have available.

As mentioned before, there are various other tweaks and fixes that are device-specific. So, if this is itching and your ORD just kicked in from reading this article, make sure that you give it a try. Make sure you follow the proper installation instructions to get the most out of the build.

There are various CM threads spread throughout the site, but take a look in here if you have an EVO.

Want something published in the Portal? Contact any News Writer.

Thanks the_scotsman for the tip!

About to try it out, I've only used MIUI so far

I've noticed an improved battery life so far.

My messaging apps kept force closing, both Handcent and the stock messages. So had to change permissions took about 7 minutes for it to run all the way through.
Other than that everything is fine, this the first Gingerbread rom I've used. So far so good

I've noticed an improved battery life so far.

My messaging apps kept force closing, both Handcent and the stock messages. So had to change permissions took about 7 minutes for it to run all the way through.
Other than that everything is fine, this the first Gingerbread rom I've used. So far so good

Final release cm7 is running perfect on my mt4g
pimp.gif

finally something that runs well on your mt4g. im happy for ya MPLS
pimp.gif

i haven't flashed mines yet. i got calls and !$+# coming in
30t6p3b.gif
, will do tonite tho.

finally something that runs well on your mt4g. im happy for ya MPLS
pimp.gif

i haven't flashed mines yet. i got calls and !$+# coming in
30t6p3b.gif
, will do tonite tho.

I could never flash cm7, anyone know why? Always stopped when it was installing and then never finished.
frown.gif

I could never flash cm7, anyone know why? Always stopped when it was installing and then never finished.
frown.gif

This CM7 has me interested....want to add some newness to this G2.  But damn the process looks daunting!  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This CM7 has me interested....want to add some newness to this G2.  But damn the process looks daunting!  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I was the same way Trife, it's really straight forward though.
Just make sure to do a backup, and backup your apps, and contacts. I backup my texts too

I was the same way Trife, it's really straight forward though.
Just make sure to do a backup, and backup your apps, and contacts. I backup my texts too

Back
Top Bottom