Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

MrTito, Davizzy and others,

I have an Evo, which one should I choose to root,

unrevooked or unrevooked forever, http://unrevoked.com/#evo

and before I root should I save anything on my sd card? I dont want to lose photos and stuff

Not, really but you should if the information is important.

Unrevoked regular is a soft Root easily can lose root if you update a sense rom that is not moded
Unrevoked forever is a hard Root (completly unlocks the nand)

Download root checker after u do unrevoked to make sure your rooted. Its in the market.

Typed from a xoom
If I used Unrevoked 3 (regular) can I get the regular OTA updates? Is there anything special I need to do in order to apply these updates? Or can I just push the button to get the update, and reroot again afterwards if I wanted it?

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

MrTito, Davizzy and others,

I have an Evo, which one should I choose to root,

unrevooked or unrevooked forever, http://unrevoked.com/#evo

and before I root should I save anything on my sd card? I dont want to lose photos and stuff

Not, really but you should if the information is important.

Unrevoked regular is a soft Root easily can lose root if you update a sense rom that is not moded
Unrevoked forever is a hard Root (completly unlocks the nand)

Download root checker after u do unrevoked to make sure your rooted. Its in the market.

Typed from a xoom
If I used Unrevoked 3 (regular) can I get the regular OTA updates? Is there anything special I need to do in order to apply these updates? Or can I just push the button to get the update, and reroot again afterwards if I wanted it?

Originally Posted by NCTwin

Tethering is free if you flash ROMs?? I don't need to flash a ROM to overclock though, right?? Just download the app??
Yes....Tethering is free if you flash any other ROM besides keeping the original.
It will not be free unless you flash a CUSTOM stock ROM. 

you DO need a specific ROM to be able to overclock......Some of them do not support overclocking.

Originally Posted by NCTwin

Tethering is free if you flash ROMs?? I don't need to flash a ROM to overclock though, right?? Just download the app??
Yes....Tethering is free if you flash any other ROM besides keeping the original.
It will not be free unless you flash a CUSTOM stock ROM. 

you DO need a specific ROM to be able to overclock......Some of them do not support overclocking.

Also, i had to stop using Cyanogen........It kept rebooting. I also switched from clockwork to Amon Ra because it wasnt fully wiping my phone for some reason.

Also, i had to stop using Cyanogen........It kept rebooting. I also switched from clockwork to Amon Ra because it wasnt fully wiping my phone for some reason.

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Bout gotdamn time b00st
pimp.gif

Alc, I already know who u talkin bout.
30t6p3b.gif
hows that xoom b?

Son, joint it crack, the Android browser syncs your bookmarks from your google chrome browser on your desktop. I didn't have to sync this with my laptop at all, everything was over the cloud making it a independent product, that some tablets can't even achieve.

Is it expensive yes, i still think for what this product is expensive for any average consumer, If you don't know the full capabilities of this device you'll also think its an expensive and rather get a bargain basement laptop or tablet to please your needs, but it won't reach the power and the mobility of this Honeycomb tablet. I'm not a average consumer, I buy things that are current and that will be useful in my life. This device does wat is suppose to do with no restrictions.

Took both my macbook and the xoom to class yesterday I didn't even used my macbook at all
sick.gif
mad.gif

I didn't even wanted to buy this for myself its when my dad tried out the xoom and used both the CNN app and USA today app he went
eek.gif
eek.gif
so I bought this for him as an early birthday gift, since he's always reads current events it works well for him. I told him he better let me use it too
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Bout gotdamn time b00st
pimp.gif

Alc, I already know who u talkin bout.
30t6p3b.gif
hows that xoom b?

Son, joint it crack, the Android browser syncs your bookmarks from your google chrome browser on your desktop. I didn't have to sync this with my laptop at all, everything was over the cloud making it a independent product, that some tablets can't even achieve.

Is it expensive yes, i still think for what this product is expensive for any average consumer, If you don't know the full capabilities of this device you'll also think its an expensive and rather get a bargain basement laptop or tablet to please your needs, but it won't reach the power and the mobility of this Honeycomb tablet. I'm not a average consumer, I buy things that are current and that will be useful in my life. This device does wat is suppose to do with no restrictions.

Took both my macbook and the xoom to class yesterday I didn't even used my macbook at all
sick.gif
mad.gif

I didn't even wanted to buy this for myself its when my dad tried out the xoom and used both the CNN app and USA today app he went
eek.gif
eek.gif
so I bought this for him as an early birthday gift, since he's always reads current events it works well for him. I told him he better let me use it too
laugh.gif

I was the xoom BAD. Soon as i get a job, im gonna get one.

How big is it compared to the EVO? (if you have an evo).

I was the xoom BAD. Soon as i get a job, im gonna get one.

How big is it compared to the EVO? (if you have an evo).

Is this even a question
laugh.gif
, $%#% is like 4x bigger than the ev0. Now I really want the xoom. #poor

Also with cm7 u can under and overclock.

Is this even a question
laugh.gif
, $%#% is like 4x bigger than the ev0. Now I really want the xoom. #poor

Also with cm7 u can under and overclock.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Boost.....flash a recovery image first to flash other roms. (I use amon-ra). I would download cyanogen.....vael-pak(using this till the bugs with cyanogen is fixed). Myn Rom and MIUI(pretty nice....no 4G yet tho).

Congrats....finally...lol
When I rooted it came with ClockworkMod Recovery 2.6 built into it, so I gather I don't need amon-ra than? 

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Boost.....flash a recovery image first to flash other roms. (I use amon-ra). I would download cyanogen.....vael-pak(using this till the bugs with cyanogen is fixed). Myn Rom and MIUI(pretty nice....no 4G yet tho).

Congrats....finally...lol
When I rooted it came with ClockworkMod Recovery 2.6 built into it, so I gather I don't need amon-ra than? 

[h2]http://androidandme.com/2011/03/carriers/sprint/htc-evo-view-4g-trademark-application-filed-by-htc/[/h2]
[h2]HTC EVO View 4G trademark application filed by HTC[/h2]
Nick Gray on Mar 08 at 9:50 am6 comments
HTC_EVO_View_4G_trademark_630.jpg
We’re still a ways away from confirming all the leaked details for Sprint’s CTIA announcement, but HTC’s latest trademark application does confirm that at least one of the three products Sprint is expected to unveil in a few weeks.  According to a new file listed by the U.S. Patent Office, HTC is looking to trademark the name “HTC EVO View 4G

[h2]http://androidandme.com/2011/03/carriers/sprint/htc-evo-view-4g-trademark-application-filed-by-htc/[/h2]
[h2]HTC EVO View 4G trademark application filed by HTC[/h2]
Nick Gray on Mar 08 at 9:50 am6 comments
HTC_EVO_View_4G_trademark_630.jpg
We’re still a ways away from confirming all the leaked details for Sprint’s CTIA announcement, but HTC’s latest trademark application does confirm that at least one of the three products Sprint is expected to unveil in a few weeks.  According to a new file listed by the U.S. Patent Office, HTC is looking to trademark the name “HTC EVO View 4G

Rom manager is garbage imo, I go to save my rom or load a new one, it always pops up with an error.
30t6p3b.gif

I just install everything manually. I|

Rom manager is garbage imo, I go to save my rom or load a new one, it always pops up with an error.
30t6p3b.gif

I just install everything manually. I|

IHeartBoost wrote:

Via Comscore

comScore Reports January 2011 U.S. Mobile Subscriber Market Share
ComScore.png

65.8 million people in the U.S. owned smartphones during the three months ending in January 2011, up 8 percent from the preceding three-month period. Google Android captured the #1 ranking among smartphone platforms for the first time in January with 31.2 percent market share. RIM ranked second with 30.4 percent market share, followed by Apple with 24.7 percent. Microsoft (8.0 percent) and Palm (3.2 percent) rounded out the top five.

I remember a certain somebody saying... nevermind 
laugh.gif

LOL %^$&*& hate that guy. The whole time I was at banned camp, dude was acting like the founders of google drilled his wife or something.
Welcome to the club, boost 
pimp.gif

Running CM7 Nightly #11 w/ 4G.

IHeartBoost wrote:

Via Comscore

comScore Reports January 2011 U.S. Mobile Subscriber Market Share
ComScore.png

65.8 million people in the U.S. owned smartphones during the three months ending in January 2011, up 8 percent from the preceding three-month period. Google Android captured the #1 ranking among smartphone platforms for the first time in January with 31.2 percent market share. RIM ranked second with 30.4 percent market share, followed by Apple with 24.7 percent. Microsoft (8.0 percent) and Palm (3.2 percent) rounded out the top five.

I remember a certain somebody saying... nevermind 
laugh.gif

LOL %^$&*& hate that guy. The whole time I was at banned camp, dude was acting like the founders of google drilled his wife or something.
Welcome to the club, boost 
pimp.gif

Running CM7 Nightly #11 w/ 4G.

Boost, from what I understand, Clockwork doesn't do a full dalvik/cache wipe and Amon-Ra is supposed to. I haven't switched over to Amon Ra because like you said, Clockwork was there after rooting with Unrevoked. I've been flashing the same way since I started, and had no problems. I do however use Calkulin's Format All (does not format SD) in addition to wiping with Clockwork. People say ROM manager is an easier process, but like Tets, I do everything manual. Here's an article that may explain(confuse) it better ClockworkMod vs. Amon Ra

Back
Top Bottom