• Straight Talk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

711151547.png

As a huge Super Street Fighter IV fan, you can see where I got the inspiration from. Question though, base highlight or no base highlight?
the one on the right looks better imo

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

711151547.png

As a huge Super Street Fighter IV fan, you can see where I got the inspiration from. Question though, base highlight or no base highlight?
I agree. Looking
pimp.gif
so far

Motivating me to try and make my own. I suck at it though
laugh.gif

Finally figured out how to make custom sliders on Widgetlocker

r8t9co.jpg

711151547.png

I agree. Looking
pimp.gif
so far

laugh.gif

r8t9co.jpg

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Joe, how do you make them custom sliders
nerd.gif

As we are all starting to speculate, could this be the announcement for the EVO 2? (via androidandme.com)

[h2]Sprint promises to reveal the latest wireless innovation at CTIA [EVO2?][/h2]
sprint-event-ctia-2011.png

Sprint fans who have been patiently waiting for a next-generation, high-end Android phone may finally get their wish in a matter of weeks at CTIA. A special invite was sent out today for a press event on March 22nd where CEO Dan Hesse will be showcasing their latest innovations. The exclusive invite was received by several Android blogs, so we are hoping that Sprint has some surprises in store for us.

Our rumor that Sprint might unveil an Android phone with a 3D display were way off and instead we got the Kyocera Echo announcement last month. That phone contained an interesting dual-display design, but the it also featured an old first-generation Snapdragon processor and the overall specs failed to impress the hardcore geeks.

We have absolutely zero information at this time about what Sprint is planning, but last year they used the show to announce the HTC EVO 4G which went on to become their best selling smartphone. The rumors of an EVO 2 have been growing louder and it makes perfect sense that Sprint could use this year’s CTIA to reveal the highly anticipated sequel.

HTC is most definitely working on a dual-core superphone, codenamed Pyramid, and we assume that design would most likely become the base platform for the EVO 2. I’d expect an oversized device that matches the original EVO with updated specs like a dual-core 1.2 GHz Snapdragon processor and 4.3 inch qHD display.

Another possible high-end phone that might get announced at this event is the Galaxy S II, but it will be hard for Samsung to produce a Sprint phone that can surpass the hype that an EVO 2 would generate.

If you are on Sprint and looking to upgrade your Android phone, what do you hope they announce at CTIA? Will the HTC EVO 2 satisfy your needs or do you want to see something completely different? For those waiting on the EVO 2, what specs do you hope Sprint includes for their next flagship phone?

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Joe, how do you make them custom sliders
nerd.gif

As we are all starting to speculate, could this be the announcement for the EVO 2? (via androidandme.com)

[h2]Sprint promises to reveal the latest wireless innovation at CTIA [EVO2?][/h2]
sprint-event-ctia-2011.png

Sprint fans who have been patiently waiting for a next-generation, high-end Android phone may finally get their wish in a matter of weeks at CTIA. A special invite was sent out today for a press event on March 22nd where CEO Dan Hesse will be showcasing their latest innovations. The exclusive invite was received by several Android blogs, so we are hoping that Sprint has some surprises in store for us.

Our rumor that Sprint might unveil an Android phone with a 3D display were way off and instead we got the Kyocera Echo announcement last month. That phone contained an interesting dual-display design, but the it also featured an old first-generation Snapdragon processor and the overall specs failed to impress the hardcore geeks.

We have absolutely zero information at this time about what Sprint is planning, but last year they used the show to announce the HTC EVO 4G which went on to become their best selling smartphone. The rumors of an EVO 2 have been growing louder and it makes perfect sense that Sprint could use this year’s CTIA to reveal the highly anticipated sequel.

HTC is most definitely working on a dual-core superphone, codenamed Pyramid, and we assume that design would most likely become the base platform for the EVO 2. I’d expect an oversized device that matches the original EVO with updated specs like a dual-core 1.2 GHz Snapdragon processor and 4.3 inch qHD display.

Another possible high-end phone that might get announced at this event is the Galaxy S II, but it will be hard for Samsung to produce a Sprint phone that can surpass the hype that an EVO 2 would generate.

If you are on Sprint and looking to upgrade your Android phone, what do you hope they announce at CTIA? Will the HTC EVO 2 satisfy your needs or do you want to see something completely different? For those waiting on the EVO 2, what specs do you hope Sprint includes for their next flagship phone?

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

711151547.png

I agree. Looking
pimp.gif
so far

laugh.gif

r8t9co.jpg

Do you need to be rooted for widget locker to work correctly?

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

711151547.png

I agree. Looking
pimp.gif
so far

laugh.gif

r8t9co.jpg

Do you need to be rooted for widget locker to work correctly?

A question to all Evo users,

Is it true that EVo's suffered a screen seperation problem on the bottom of the phone? Ive read articles online about people having those issues, causing light leakage etc. Im just asking because I recently got a Inspire 4G which basically looks like an evo and the bottom right corner of my screen is starting to "come up" a bit. I can press down on the corner and hear a click noise. I feel its the adhesive holding down the screen and its loosing its grip.
ohwell.gif
mad.gif

A question to all Evo users,

Is it true that EVo's suffered a screen seperation problem on the bottom of the phone? Ive read articles online about people having those issues, causing light leakage etc. Im just asking because I recently got a Inspire 4G which basically looks like an evo and the bottom right corner of my screen is starting to "come up" a bit. I can press down on the corner and hear a click noise. I feel its the adhesive holding down the screen and its loosing its grip.
ohwell.gif
mad.gif

From Boy Genius Report

BGR has learned from multiple trusted sources that Research In Motion is planning to bring its beloved BlackBerry Messenger app and service to Android, and eventually to iOS as well. According to our sources, RIM has not yet finalized details surrounding timing or pricing, but we have heard that the company might make the software free to all users. We’re also told strategy is still being developed, however, and RIM may end up charging users a one-time fee or even a recurring fee for access to its BBM service on third-party platforms.

It might seem a bit strange for RIM to want to bring the software that is responsible for keeping BlackBerry devices in the hands of countless potential defectors, but in the big picture, we think it could make sense. The company is getting very frustrated with applications like WhatsApp and Kik offering third-party experiences based on a concept RIM invented, and RIM apparently wants to own the space.

As far as what Android and iOS users can look forward to, we’ve been told RIM will offer stripped down versions of the BBM experience BlackBerry owners know and love. That way, Android and iOS users can communicate with practically anyone who has a smartphone using BBM, but they might not be able to share photos, location, or videos (when RIM crosses that bridge). Users who want the full BlackBerry Messenger experience will still need a BlackBerry smartphone to get it. At the same time, RIM could own the entire messaging app category on every major smartphone OS platform and could potentially draw new users in because it has given them a taste of what BlackBerry Messenger is all about.

Right now, we have heard that Android is definitely a go. But again, we’re not sure on timing, though our sources are confident that it will launch some time this year. RIM chose Android first because of the fact that it could develop and integrate something like this much easier with an open platform, but the plan is to build and deploy an iOS version at some point as well.

From Boy Genius Report

BGR has learned from multiple trusted sources that Research In Motion is planning to bring its beloved BlackBerry Messenger app and service to Android, and eventually to iOS as well. According to our sources, RIM has not yet finalized details surrounding timing or pricing, but we have heard that the company might make the software free to all users. We’re also told strategy is still being developed, however, and RIM may end up charging users a one-time fee or even a recurring fee for access to its BBM service on third-party platforms.

It might seem a bit strange for RIM to want to bring the software that is responsible for keeping BlackBerry devices in the hands of countless potential defectors, but in the big picture, we think it could make sense. The company is getting very frustrated with applications like WhatsApp and Kik offering third-party experiences based on a concept RIM invented, and RIM apparently wants to own the space.

As far as what Android and iOS users can look forward to, we’ve been told RIM will offer stripped down versions of the BBM experience BlackBerry owners know and love. That way, Android and iOS users can communicate with practically anyone who has a smartphone using BBM, but they might not be able to share photos, location, or videos (when RIM crosses that bridge). Users who want the full BlackBerry Messenger experience will still need a BlackBerry smartphone to get it. At the same time, RIM could own the entire messaging app category on every major smartphone OS platform and could potentially draw new users in because it has given them a taste of what BlackBerry Messenger is all about.

Right now, we have heard that Android is definitely a go. But again, we’re not sure on timing, though our sources are confident that it will launch some time this year. RIM chose Android first because of the fact that it could develop and integrate something like this much easier with an open platform, but the plan is to build and deploy an iOS version at some point as well.

Back
Top Bottom